Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My chickens were stolen last night

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Dogs have slaughtered many of my chickens over the years. So I have less pity on doggies, when cops take them out than most here. I know, I'm a collectivist
    When a dog kills chickens, it stops being a dog and starts being a varmint. I love dogs, but I have no pity for varmints.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Increasingly ubiquitous and inexpensive surveillance technology is not always a bad thing, in my opinion. Your having a camera recording could have helped in this case, for instance.

They left alone the younger pullets at 19 weeks. These people weren't dumb. I hate to implicate someone but I live in a WASPy area. The neighbors couldn't have taken them. The landscapers on the opposing property were the only souls who knew about them since my compound is situated from eyes. That's my only lead.
    If your coops can be seen from the adjacent property by the brown, scheming, low-skill workers, then they can be seen by WASP eyes as well. And anyone else whose been near enough to your property to hear roosters. And anyone who knows someone who knows you and knew about the coop by word of mouth. Or people who wander through the adjacent property.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

How are your watermelons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    When a dog kills chickens, it stops being a dog and starts being a varmint. I love dogs, but I have no pity for varmints.
    A neighbor chicken once flew into our fenced-in yard and my dog killed it; yet he is literally the gentlest and least aggressive dog I have ever met in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    A neighbor chicken once flew into our fenced-in yard and my dog killed it; yet he is literally the gentlest and least aggressive dog I have ever met in my life.
    I'm talking about the ones that come onto my property and kill chickens, geese or turkeys. Those are varmints and I shoot them.

Dogs are predator carnivores just following millions of years of inbred instinctual behavior. The veneer of domestication only goes so deep, in some breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'd put up some cameras.
    Put up some signs.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Dogs are predator carnivores just following millions of years of inbred instinctual behavior. The veneer of domestication only goes so deep, in some breeds.
    That doesn't give them a free pass to come onto my property and kill birds.

If people care about their dogs, they won't let them come over here to become varmints.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    If your coops can be seen from the adjacent property by the brown, scheming, low-skill workers, then they can be seen by WASP eyes as well. And anyone else whose been near enough to your property to hear roosters. And anyone who knows someone who knows you and knew about the coop by word of mouth. Or people who wander through the adjacent property.
    Don't forget the NSA,,

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Maybe ask them.

I'm not saying they were drunk. If they were they might be feeling bad about what they did about now and in no mood to put up a fight if it looked like you might make any loud noises.

Then again it could be dangerous.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Yes, eating chickens comes naturally to many, if not most dogs. Which is fine, until you are the owner of chickens
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That doesn't give them a free pass to come onto my property and kill birds.

If people care about their dogs, they won't let them come over here to become varmints.
    I agree.

Cats are varmits!

I was just thinking about the chicken feathers after plucking them. They are going to get everywhere. Not something you can easily hide.

I suppose they might travel some downwind.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I don't think they are scheming. I think they have a greater appreciation for chickens than the gringo. lol

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Maybe it was sasquatch...this never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I go to feed them this morning and the door is left ajar. And I think I know who took them. The El Salvadoran gardeners who tend lawn next us. I am so freaking angry right now. Who would steal someone's property so brazenly? And they the were the only ones to see them since they were hidden at the edges of my property. I swear. I will shoot the next vagrant that comes for the rest. 7 chickens. They only took the mature ones. 2 Blue Laced Wyandottes. 3 Buff Brahmas. 2 Barred Rocks. These bastards probably have them in a stew pot by now.
    Sorry for your loss , I like the Barred Rocks and Wyandot's myself . At least you have your chicks to guard. I meant to get some new chicks this past spring myself , waited too late , will do it next spring . Good luck .

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12