Thread: Paul Ryan - Poverty Initative

Exclamation Paul Ryan - Poverty Initative

Bloody well been telling the lot of you. Paul Ryan is the Establishment play. They are trying bloody hard to keep the 'candidate' light off him while he rolls out carefully crafted issue after issue to give him a track record as a reformer to rival Rand.

This latest piece is actually a nice market based management reform on the face of it. Its probably hellish in the details.

But this is the guy we will be running against. Dollars to donuts.

Washington (CNN) – Rep. Paul Ryan spelled out his plan Thursday to fight poverty, a pilot program that would combine 11 federal programs into one pool of money for participating states.

According to the plan, which the Wisconsin Republican detailed at the American Enterprise Institute, states would voluntarily submit their own anti-poverty proposals in order to get money.
    The program would consist of four criteria: Each state would have to spend all its allotted money on people in need; recipients would have to meet work requirements; states would each use at least two service providers to carry out their proposals (in other words, the state social welfare office wouldn’t do all the work); and a third party would monitor the state’s progress.

Ryan stressed that the point of the program is to measure the results in each state to find the best approach.

“We would not expand the program until all the evidence was in,” he said. “The point is, don't just pass a law and hope for the best. If you've got an idea, let's test it and see the results.”
    For his part, Ryan has been visiting urban communities and meeting with non-traditional Republican voters to assess what’s needed to fight poverty, using conservative principles.

He released a 204-page report earlier this year on the current state of federal efforts to alleviate poverty, listing 92 programs designed to help the poor at a cost of $799 billion.
    politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/24/paul-ryan-to-spell-out-proposal-to-help-the-poor-3/?hpt=po_t1

Rand is freaking the establishment right out. They have a nice substitute warming up on the bench... When Rand takes the scheduled hit, Ryan will walk on to the field as the new GOP media darling, triumphantly carrying all of Rand's signature issues.

That's the play.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paul Ryan voted nay on H.R. 105. Being a watered down token crowd pleasing 'American people are tired of Iraq' bill, many Republicans supported it and it passed 370-40.

His nay vote amounts to staking himself out as one of the few remaining Cheneyite non-compromising Democracy spreading war-mongerers left who will unerringly support the interests of 'job creators' via foreign policy (occupation and rebuilding contracts.)

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2014/h452

H.Con.Res. 105: Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in Iraq without specific, subsequent statutory authorization.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.