Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand on Fox now, wants more aid to Israel and Ukraine???

Rand on Fox now, wants more aid to Israel and Ukraine???

Ron never would have said help the Ukrainians defend themselves.

video update:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/369781399...-world-issues/
    Last edited by jct74; 07-26-2014 at 02:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately, we're probably going to have to put up with a lot of this kind of rhetoric for the next year or two. Hopefully if he wins the GOP nomination his rhetoric will be more non interventionist, but I think he just figures that he can't have the Hannity and Levin types opposed to him if he's going to have a real shot to win the GOP nomination.

Why oh why did I click on this thread? I just threw up a little in my mouth right now

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately, we're probably going to have to put up with a lot of this kind of rhetoric for the next year or two. Hopefully if he wins the GOP nomination his rhetoric will be more non interventionist, but I think he just figures that he can't have the Hannity and Levin types opposed to him if he's going to have a real shot to win the GOP nomination.
    Do you really think they'll stop when Rand wins the nomination? They only half-heartedly supported McCain and Romney; if they do the same thing to Rand, we're looking at 8 years of Hillary Clinton. So he's going to have to kiss their asses all the way through the general election.....and then he'll have to start thinking about re-election. If he pisses them off after 2016, he'll be looking at a one term presidency.

Where does this all end?

Again, Rand has to choose his battles wisely. Saying that he doesn't support aid to Israel would be a battle not worth fighting.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Again, Rand has to choose his battles wisely. Saying that he doesn't support aid to Israel would be a battle not worth fighting.
    How about just saying he supports the Constitution? And he could re-iterate, "We're $17 trillion in debt, I suggest Senators and Congressmen forego our pay, and lead by example, and send our paychecks to the Israeli and Ukrainian governments." No? Ron Paul suggested that, when he voted against a congressional medal for somebody....

Anybody know what show this interview was done on?
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 07-25-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Tube or it didn't happen...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, I was coming back to ask what show and time (is this Greta's time?), since I don't have cable. Context is key, especially on this, just like his Glenn Beck interview.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Do you really think they'll stop when Rand wins the nomination? They only half-heartedly supported McCain and Romney; if they do the same thing to Rand, we're looking at 8 years of Hillary Clinton. So he's going to have to kiss their asses all the way through the general election.....and then he'll have to start thinking about re-election. If he pisses them off after 2016, he'll be looking at a one term presidency.

Where does this all end?
    If he is president, Hannity will defend everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I agree. Talking is one thing, dragging us off to war is another. He is as non-interventionist as they come, but he does have to flex his FP muscles every now and then, or they'd think he has no muscles.

Hannity (but with guest host)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Seeing as Randal is repeatedly on record as being against ALL foreign aid I'd be quite surprised if the OP's comment isn't 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Seeing as Randal is repeatedly on record as being against ALL foreign aid I'd be quite surprised if the OP's comment isn't 100% accurate.
    I was going by the title.

Rand on Fox now, wants more aid to Israel and Ukraine???
    No big deal, we'll see the full context at some point.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How would 'President Rand Paul' handle current world issues?

How would 'President Rand Paul' handle current world issues?
    Jul. 25, 2014 - 5:02 - Will Kentucky senator run in 2016?

video here... http://video.foxnews.com/v/369781399...#sp=show-clips
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

I'm sure this quote will be taken out of context lol

"On 9/11 we were attacked by short-range missiles posing as airplanes." --Rand Paul
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

http://video.foxnews.com/v/369781399...#sp=show-clips

2:20 mark for the Israel question, in which Rand affirms his support for increased funding for Israel's defense.

3:20 mark for the Ukraine question, in which Rand affirms his support for sending Ukraine weapons and monetary aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

These are situations that concern friendly countries in crisis. Sending emergency military aid to someone under attack is not the same as keeping them on the payroll for centuries. We can all agree that propping up a dictator with tax dollars in exchange for oil rights or aggression against other countries is a bad idea. Emergency wartime aid is definitely a debatable issue, but a separate one.
    Last edited by KurtBoyer25L; 07-26-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Emergency wartime aid to a regime in Ukraine that is only in power because of a CIA-backed coup that involved arming actual Nazis. All so NATO can have access to the natural gas pipelines of central and eastern Ukraine. What is going on?

GO DEMOCRACY!
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

I don't like it at all, but I guess he's just trying to avoid the "isolationist" tag, or at least trying to make people who label him an isolationist look stupid.

Fight the NEOCONs Rand!

We all shouldn't underestimate the difficulty that navigating the den of lions to the presidency presents. That said, I would rather Rand go down swinging on the foreign aid issue than try and appease the NEOCONs.

He tried to avoid the foreign aid issue by saying that we should create a joint venture and "invest" in Iron Dome for our own use. It is obvious that he is fundamentally opposed to aid, but he is trying to walk a tightrope that is unnecessary. Just say "I am opposed to all foreign aid. Israel, like any other sovereign nation, has the right to defend itself as they see fit." Winning answer without compromising principles.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Everytime someone says "Oh he's just playing the game" what it translates into is "He is lying for political gain". How stupid do you think people are?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Everytime someone says "Oh he's just playing the game" what it translates into is "He is lying for political gain". How stupid do you think people are?
    Very stupid, on average.

Life, Liberty, Logic

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama did the same thing, lied about so many things and when he got into the office, did the opposite. Why cant we do the same thing? You don't exactly act like a saint when you are trying to win the mob election.

Pretty stupid. They voted to elect President Obama twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    He tried to avoid the foreign aid issue by saying that we should create a joint venture and "invest" in Iron Dome for our own use. It is obvious that he is fundamentally opposed to aid, but he is trying to walk a tightrope that is unnecessary. Just say "I am opposed to all foreign aid. Israel, like any other sovereign nation, has the right to defend itself as they see fit." Winning answer without compromising principles.
    Yeah, that's what I heard. Bolling was pushing the questions, and Rand was turning it around into reasonable answers. He was talking about Iron Dome being a development project that the US could benefit from. I didn't hear Rand say anything about "more" or additional aid. Just some aid. Could be less aid than is going over there today. (Bolling is the one who said additional, not Rand.)

In the end, Bolling did get Rand to say that he supported aid to the Ukraine, but it wasn't Rand's first choice in answering the question. Of course the question is framed as "will you stand up to Putin"? "Standing up to Putin" is part of the neoconservatives Holy Trinity, alongside of "Israel first" and "crush Iran".

I would be more comfortable with a response of "we are broke, and I favor reductions in all foreign aid." And "the situation in Ukraine is a mess, and given the terrible disaster that occurred last week, sending weapons into the Ukraine is probably not the best option right now." Rand did talk about European partners helping with the situation, and those who keep up with events know that Germany and France had pushed for peace and a cease fire in Ukraine. The Obama Administration gave the Ukraine the ok to start bombing it's own people, which lead to the airline disaster. So working with Germany would be an improvement on this issue.

And my own commentary on the Ukraine is that it is the people of eastern Ukraine that are defending themselves from the Keiv government, not the other way around. Bombs are not falling on Kiev. Tanks and artillery are not attacking Kiev.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-26-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/369781399...#sp=show-clips

2:20 mark for the Israel question, in which Rand affirms his support for increased funding for Israel's defense.

3:20 mark for the Ukraine question, in which Rand affirms his support for sending Ukraine weapons and monetary aid.
    Not happy with these comments and it does seem like there's been a shift in his views. He's always been for sanctions and his support for Israel has been questionable but I can't think of another instance of Rand supporting sending aid or weapons to another country like he wants to do with Ukraine. People in Kentucky should absolutely call him out on these positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Emergency wartime aid to a regime in Ukraine that is only in power because of a CIA-backed coup that involved arming actual Nazis. All so NATO can have access to the natural gas pipelines of central and eastern Ukraine. What is going on?

GO DEMOCRACY!
    Deal with the situation as it stands. If we're judging policy based on dastardly deeds of past generations, Congress should vote to abolish every state west of Georgia and give them back to the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Obama did the same thing, lied about so many things and when he got into the office, did the opposite. Why cant we do the same thing? You don't exactly act like a saint when you are trying to win the mob election.
    How did that work out for everyone?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast