Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to start talking Moneybomb for Rand?

Is it too early to start talking Moneybomb for Rand?

Discuss?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it's why I am doing these moneybombs right now, to work out the mechanics and be ready to do some for rand

Well, he's been holding end of the quarter pushes already ,so... no not too early.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Fundraising won't be a problem... what Rand really needs are people who are trained and embedded within their local GOPs so that they can prevent shenanigans from happening:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Fundraising won't be a problem... what Rand really needs are people who are trained and embedded within their local GOPs so that they can prevent shenanigans from happening:

pretty sure there won't be any 'shenanigans' as most of the local parties are straight up folks who always let the chips fall where they may, so.....i'm thinkin' a NO SHENANIGANS MONEYBOMB theme would be cool...
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 07-25-2014 at 11:39 AM.

A Rand pac money bomb now could help candidates who will endorse Rand during the primary
    Or we could give to Senate campaign

Yes. It's too early for a money bomb

This ^ Organizing grassroots level in local GOP's is absolute essential.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Yes. It's too early for a money bomb

This ^ Organizing grassroots level in local GOP's is absolute essential.
    my question in the thread title revolved around just talking about one.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you sure it's a good idea to get involved?

The pro-Paul forces say they did not put up a concerted fight to stay in power because they want to focus on building an organization explicitly for Paul. Only three libertarians sought reelection at April district conventions, and all lost.

Twenty months out from the 2016 caucuses, the Kentucky senator is arguably the frontrunner in Iowa. His main opponents concede privately that the Hawkeye State is Paul’s to lose. And there is an argument — even some of his supporters are making it — that it’s actually a good thing for Paul that his team no longer controls the state party.

If they had, the argument goes, it would be much easier for opponents to claim the caucuses are rigged in Paul’s favor. The Branstad takeover, ironically, could legitimize a Paul win.

“It’s a huge benefit to Rand not to have us running the party,” said one Paul ally.

More at: http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...A-36AF24471D40

If it's going to be a record-breaker (for purposes of press), it should coincide with when he announces his candidacy.

Perhaps just wait and see how much money Rand gets from 'other' sources besides grassroots, before getting too crazy with moneybombs?

//
    Last edited by orenbus; 11-19-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    pretty sure there won't be any 'shenanigans' as most of the local parties are straight up folks who always let the chips fall where they may, so.....
    You're joking, right?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You're joking, right?
    you have to ask?....

this troubles me...

you have to ask?....

this troubles me...
    Sorry, I admit that I'm dense.

Also, sarcasm doesn't translate real well online in written text form.

Sorry, I admit that I'm dense.

Also, sarcasm doesn't translate real well online in written text form.
    well, sometimes sarcastic statements speak for themselves...especially if you were involved in a Ron Paul Revolution battle zone...

no need to apologize Matt....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes it's to early, and i believe candidates for President have different accounts apart from their other campaign funds. Ron Paul raised 40 Million last time. I think Rand will raise far more than that, we really should focus on smaller races. But some of us have been saying that for years, to no avail

Your money goes farther in small campaigns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yes it's to early, and i believe candidates for President have different accounts apart from their other campaign funds. Ron Paul raised 40 Million last time. I think Rand will raise far more than that, we really should focus on smaller races. But some of us have been saying that for years, to no avail

Your money goes farther in small campaigns.
    too early to talk about a moneybomb for Rand?

too early to talk about a moneybomb for Rand?
    Yes, but we just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yes, but we just did.

ok..then i guess i'll go wait over here when ya'll are ready.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>O<<<

I completely forgot that Rand has to run for Senate in 2016. He has to handle that quick man

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If it's going to be a record-breaker (for purposes of press), it should coincide with when he announces his candidacy.
    Yep, agreed. Save your powder till then gents.

It's never too early to start saving and organizing, but probably too early to actually hold one. I'm hoping he holds a big one right after the midterms.

I expect Rand to announce his candidacy in the late spring/summer of 2015.

For a post-announcement MB, it's too early to start advertizing - people have short attention spans, it would lose momentum, etc.

But we might start thinking about a name/theme, reserving a website, etc.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Conspiracy theories are not welcomed here. MODS can we please delete and/or move this post?!

ON this topic though, until we know WHO Rand will have on staff, I won't even think about giving a dime.
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 07-27-2014 at 12:34 PM.

I think Rand should wait it out like Romney for a bit. Don't go into the debates too early so he isn't fully in the media spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    I think Rand should wait it out like Romney for a bit. Don't go into the debates too early so he isn't fully in the media spotlight.
    I believe I remember Romney coming in as the undisputed frontrunner?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    I believe I remember Romney coming in as the undisputed frontrunner?
    Yeah, he stayed at the top pretty much the entire time.
    Here's a poll from 2009 (I think?!). The date showing for the post says June 2, 2009, and the data I think is from May 2009:
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...id=nhoZuAoQY9W

"The survey suggests that 22 percent of Republicans would most likely support former Arkansas governor and former GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee for their party's presidential nomination in 2012. Twenty-one percent say they would most likely back Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, with an equal number supporting former Massachusetts governor and former White House hopeful Mitt Romney."

(mod edit).
    I'm sorry, you must be confused with someone else you're thinking of. Since, I did donate to Ron Paul 2008. Volunteered time at the OFFICIAL campaign HQ outside D.C., and made a trip out of town and dominated the supporter area on Fox News with other Ron Paul supporters from out of town, with Ron Paul signs before the debate there. Even made eye contact with the camera lady, who looked TICKED about 20 minutes later when someone from the satellite van came and whispered in her ear, and she then moved the camera. Probably too much RP name coverage for the idiots on Fox.

MY mistake, was not billing Ron Paul 2008 for my "expenses" traveled and food. Had I known to do that then, I would have billed them for my expenses of a nice round number, like $1,000. What you were paid for "expenses" in Minnesota, but not work? LOL!

You must have been busy making a less than swell impression with your local GOP, refusing to shake hands, and having fun with Dave Ramsey.

I had ONE simple requirement before donating in 2012, that was NEVER met.

(mod Edit) Jesse Benton, and the other top staff from Ron Paul 2012 that look at grassroot supporters as stupid, and no good but for their money, should be nowhere NEAR Rand if he is serious about winning with the grassroots support in 2016, assuming he does run.

You can remove Matt Collins' name from the list if you want, but that doesn't change my opinion of Matt Collins and how he views many of us as stupid and "riffraff". Based upon many of his posts on this very forum:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5564537
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5564609
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5564614

And a plethora more.
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 07-27-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Added bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast