Thread: Top Obama Aide: Rand Paul Is ‘Most Intriguing’ Republican

Top Obama Aide: Rand Paul Is ‘Most Intriguing’ Republican

Top Obama Aide: Rand Paul Is ‘Most Intriguing’ Republican

Zeke J Miller
    11:35 AM ET

"He's the only Republican I think who has articulated a message that is potentially appealing to younger Americans"

A senior aide to President Barack Obama suggested Friday that Sen. Rand Paul would be the greatest threat to Democrats’ hopes to retain the White House in 2016.

Speaking to reporters, counselor to the president Dan Pfeiffer said the Kentucky Republican is “one of the most intriguing candidates” in the field because of his appeal to younger voters of both parties.

“He’s the only Republican I think who has articulated a message that is potentially appealing to younger Americans,” Pfeiffer said at a breakfast organized by the Christian Science Monitor. “Every other Republican running is basically just Romney-lite when it comes to younger Americans.” Rand has made reaching out to non-traditional voters a signature component of his political agenda, most recently delivering a speech Friday to the National Urban League.

As for the senator’s presidential hopes, Pfeiffer questioned whether Paul has the organization to be a real threat and acknowledged that he would have to first make it through a tough primary where some of his positions are problematic to voters. But, he added, “there’s a germ of something there.”

read more:
    http://time.com/3033968/rand-paul-in...-dan-pfeiffer/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    things keep developing like this, by 2016 Rand will be President by acclamation

President Paul, President Paul, President Paul, President Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    I've been saying that for over 7 years now.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Rand had a very good teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    From campus halls across the country, the Paul's brand of Republican politics known for its libertarian twist has grown exponentially from 2007. Starting as his father's first Republican presidential campaign it began to spread with important picks in certain counties throughout the nation.

Now after his father ran twice, and retired from congress various issues are stained on the minds of American people. Issues such as the police state, the Milirary Industrial Complex and the foreign policy that comes with it. The Federal Reserve and Keynesian economic policy in the grand scheme of it. Government spending and enslaving our generation and the ones after with national debt, and and civil liberties that the constitution ensures. All of these issues and there impact on our country touches Americans domestic and foreign policy interests and addresses familiar ones in a different manner and alternative outlook.

In my opinion, establishment Republicans and Democrats have been either ignoring these issues altogether or addressing them when it's time to campaign or fundraise but forget all about that when they hit Washington. While at the same time, Rand was elected in 2010 and spent his term in the senate growing national prominence while creating bipartisan legislation leading to creating somewhat of a coalition with people across the aisle who don't necessarily step to the beat of #TeamObama.

Doing this will soon show that since 2012 Ron, Rand and the libertarians in the Republican party have enhanced his fathers wing of the party. Starring millennials, independents and minorities turned off from big government from the last decade+. I dont know who hasn't gotten the memo yet, out in this world, but it is now become reality that this IS a major faction of the Republican party. The libertarian era in America in my opinion really STARTED after Obama's 2nd win, but it truly started in 2007 in the various Ron Paul Republican counties throughout the nation.

#WeMadeIt
    Last edited by philipped; 07-26-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: CUZ WE LIT

Heh. The aid thinks we dont have the organization...

Can someone pinch me please? I think I'm dreaming.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Can someone pinch me please? I think I'm dreaming.
    Not dreaming. It's happening. Time for all of us to get to work.

Now is the time to work in a smart way to identify Liberty advocates willing to do the work, become PCPs in their county Republican party organization before the 2016 election, and from that power base get Rand nominated as the Republican Presidential Candidate. Got to do that in every county in the country.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Not dreaming. It's happening. Time for all of us to get to work.

Now is the time to work in a smart way to identify Liberty advocates willing to do the work, become PCPs in their county Republican party organization before the 2016 election, and from that power base get Rand nominated as the Republican Presidential Candidate. Got to do that in every county in the country.
    Does anyone know a rich libertarian who can start a PAC like Ready for Hillary, except it would be for Rand? This PAC would be for the purpose of persuading Rand to run, like RFH is intended to persuade Hillary to run.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Does anyone know a rich libertarian who can start a PAC like Ready for Hillary, except it would be for Rand? This PAC would be for the purpose of persuading Rand to run, like RFH is intended to persuade Hillary to run.
    Nothing wrong with finding a rich supporter, BUT:

I'll bet what would be even more persuasive to Rand, to convince him to run, would be to see the spontaneous uprising of an active, strong grassroots ready to take direct action a la his Dad's campaigns in '08 and '12
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Nothing wrong with finding a rich supporter, BUT:

I'll bet what would be even more persuasive to Rand, to convince him to run, would be to see the spontaneous uprising of an active, strong grassroots ready to take direct action a la his Dad's campaigns in '08 and '12
    That's exactly how it must start and build. Rich supporters should contribute in a grassroots, or alternate fashion definitely not through in the same crony methods previous elections have taken place. This is to further symbolize the type of change Rand brings to the entire game. Meaning national level and county level politics specifically.
    Last edited by philipped; 07-26-2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: grammar