Thread: Government of Ukraine Collapses

Government of Ukraine Collapses

July 24, 2014

Government of Ukraine Collapses

Today the Ukrainian government resigned. The prime minister Yatsenyuk, or “Yat” as
    affectionately called by Victoria Nuland who put Yat into office, resigned along with the entire Cabinet. The parliament refused to vote the harsh conditions demanded by the IMF. I am not sure what this means. Perhaps it is just a tactic to force the parliament to do as the IMF says. Or perhaps Yat, Washington’s stooge, has realized that IMF or no IMF, Ukraine’s economy is imploding and wants to get out of the blame.

The point for now is that I checked the BBC, the New York Times, and CNN and there is not one word about the collapse of the government of Ukraine.

I did notice that the BBC, now a reliable element of Washington’s Ministry of Propaganda, reported, as if it were true, State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf’s claim that the Russian military is shelling Ukrainian forces. When Harf tried this out today on a roomful of journalists, they laughed her out of the room. Evidence, evidence! they demanded. “Why,” Harf was asked, “do you think something is made true by you saying it!?”

So, as usual, real news is missing from the Western press, but fake news is reported.

Professor Michael Chossudovsky has provided an account of the collapse of the Ukrainian government on Global Research. http://www.globalresearch.ca/collaps...he-imf/5393168

From
    Paul Craig Roberts http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014...ine-collapses/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Collapse of Ukraine Government: Prime Minister Yatsenyuk Resigns amidst Pressures Exerted by the IMF;

By Prof Michel Chossudovsky
    Global Research, July 24, 2014

Global Research, July 24, 2014

Ukraine’s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk announced his resignation in the Rada (Parliament) and that of the entire Cabinet on Thursday, July 24. This decision was taken following the withdrawal of two parties from the coalition government and the non-adoption of two important pieces of legislation, which had been demanded by the International Monetary Fund (IMF)

“I announce my resignation after the collapse of the coalition and the blocking of government initiatives …

“In connection with the breakup of the parliamentary coalition, as well as non-adoption of a number of important bills, I announce my resignation,”

The resignation of the Prime Minister signifies the collapse of the government and the resignation of the entire cabinet.

“But the cabinet members will continue fulfilling their duties until a new coalition is formed in the Rada.”

On July 24th, the Rada failed to support the government’s bill pertaining to the 2014 budget sequestration, which had been demanded by the IMF on behalf of Kiev’s external creditors. The disbursement by the IMF of the “Second Tranche” of a 17 billion dollar policy based loan was conditional upon the prior adoption of this legislation.

“The parliament must adopt amendments to the state budget needed to finance our army and also documents needed for cooperation with international financial institutions.[e.g. IMF, World Bank, EBRD]” said PM Yantsenyuk. (emphasis added)

The entire country is in an impasse. No money will be forthcoming from the IMF until this legislation is adopted. In the meantime, Ukraine remains on the blacklist of its external creditors.

Moreover, a controversial draft law on reforming the country’s gas transportation system was rejected (Itar-Tass, July 24, 2014).

Both bills were tied into the government’s negotiations with both the EU and the IMF.

What Happens Next?

The national economy is in crisis, the political structures of the country are in total disarray, all of which is occurring in the immediate wake of the Malaysian Airlines MH17 crash in Eastern Ukraine.

The two parties which left the coalition are The Neo-Nazi Svoboda party and the Centre Right Ukraine Democratic Alliance for Reform (UDAR) Party led by former champion boxer Vitali Klitschko.

President Poroshenko (left) has intimated that the resignation of the cabinet has paved the way for a process of meaningful political restructuring: “Society wants a full reset of state authorities,” said Mr Poroshenko.

What is implied by Poroshenko’s statement is that the parliamentary process is slated to become defunct inasmuch as Rada is obligated to adopt the legislation demanded by the IMF and the European Union. And if the Rada does not adopt the legislation, the composition of the Parliament will be changed through a process of outright political manipulation.

The 2014 budget project demanded by the IMF includes massive cuts in social spending coupled with increased allocations to the Armed Forces. Its adoption will contribute (virtually overnight) to a further process of the impoverishment of the Ukraine population.

continued at...http://www.globalresearch.ca/collaps...he-imf/5393168
    "The Patriarch"

Paul Craig Roberts has been doing a good job writing about this stuff. And, of course, we're not going to hear about this collapse from western media. I know I haven't yet. Go figger...

Here is what Roberts was referencing in his paper when he mentioned that
    "I did notice that the BBC, now a reliable element of Washington’s Ministry of Propaganda, reported, as if it were true, State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf’s claim that the Russian military is shelling Ukrainian forces. When Harf tried this out today on a roomful of journalists, they laughed her out of the room. Evidence, evidence! they demanded. “Why,” Harf was asked, “do you think something is made true by you saying it!?”

State Dept. accuses Russia of firing artillery into Ukraine, refuses to provide any evidence

Government officials in the United States said Thursday that Russia is firing artillery across the border into Ukrainian territory, but refused to provide any evidence when grilled by an Associated Press reporter.

Matthew Lee, a veteran AP journalist known for his frequent showdowns with spokespeople during US State Department briefings, raised questions about the latest claims during Thursday’s scheduled press conference.

“We have new evidence that the Russians intend to deliver heavier and more powerful rocket launchers to the separatist forces in Ukraine, and have evidence that Russia is firing artillery from within Russia to attack Ukrainian military positions,” State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters during the Thursday afternoon briefing.

When asked by Lee for any evidence, however, Harf said the State Dept. is unwilling at this time to disclose further details because doing so could expose the secret intelligence operations involved in making such claims.

“I would like to know what you’re basing this new evidence that the Russians intend to send any heavier equipment,” Lee asked.
    The details, Harf responded, are “based on some intelligence information.”

“I can’t get into the sources and methods behind it,”Harf insisted to Lee’s chagrin. “I can’t tell you what the information is based on,” she said at one point during the back-and-forth.

According to Lee, previous allegations made by the Department of State have, to some, fallen short of being considered “definitive proof.”
    Nevertheless, Harf responded that evidence so far has suggested that Russia has indeed played a role in the ongoing crisis in eastern Ukraine, where militia have taken up arms against the Kiev government spawning an international incident. Now one week after Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 was shot down over the region in the midst of the uproar, the State Dept. says weapons are “continuing to flow across the border.”

When Lee questioned the State Dept.’s decision to withhold any evidence to support the spokesperson’s allegations, Harf asked: “If I can’t give you the source and method, would you prefer that I not give you the information?”

“I think that it would be best for all concerned here if when you make an allegation like that you’re able to make it up with something more than just ‘because I said so,’” Lee countered. “You guys get up at the UN security council making these allegations , the secretary [of the State Dept., John Kerry] gets on the Sunday shows and makes these allegations, and then when you present your evidence to back up those allegations, it has appeared to, at least for some, fall short of definitive proof,” Lee continued.

For now, Harf said, “the rest of the world… has seen these separatists shot down a dozen planes,” and can rely on the admission of a militia leader who took credit for downing a Ukrainian plane as being among the “preponderance of evidence” available to the public.

Previously, the US ambassador to the United Nations said “it is impossible to rule out Russian technical assistance” with regards to the surface-to-air missiles blamed for taking down MH17 last Thursday. In the week since, however, the Obama administration has been unable to directly link Moscow to the event.

During a highly publicized intelligence briefing where US officials were expected to present an assessment of MH17 downing on Tuesday, government representatives were forced to admit that no evidence currently points towards any Russian involvement.

"[W]e don't know a name, we don't know a rank and we're not even 100 percent sure of a nationality,” one official at the briefing told the AP this week.

Other evidence touted by the administration as supposed proof of Russia’s involvement in the crisis has turned out to be inaccurate, including images purported to show the Russian military fighting alongside an anti-Kiev militia printed by the New York Times later reported to be an “incorrect”representation.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-24-2014 at 09:55 PM.

So, when do we get to see the "official" video goober-spin(s) on this
    and find out if the stuff going down the drain swirls CW or CCW?

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

New Prime Minister?

"The Patriarch"

Good thing the US and the EU backed the coup. What's the worse thing that could happen? Oh yeah, civil war, airliners shot down, and Nazis take over. And John McCain sings "Oops, I did it again"...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

http://www.voicesofliberty.com/audio...e-falls-apart/

US-Backed Government in Ukraine Falls Apart

by Ron Paul

July 25, 2014 – The Ukraine government has collapsed. Once again, a government the US helped bring into existence is falling apart.
    Wouldn’t it be nice if the principle of non-interference in the affairs of other nations were accepted by all countries? The EU and the USA would abandon its interference and efforts to run Ukraine. Russia would stay out and keep her weapons at home. It would keep out the UN, NATO, the IMF, and let the Ukrainian people solve their own problems.

Maybe then common sense would break out, and East and West could declare independence and continue with loose ties with each other. The principle of self-determination and smaller government units would go a long way in maintaining peace around the world.
    More:
    http://www.voicesofliberty.com/audio...e-falls-apart/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there a main thread on the Ukraine thing? I have some questions.
    For Liberty!

"The parliament refused to vote the harsh conditions demanded by the IMF."

I was sort of wondering what was going on over there. I should have known.

Then again I've been figuring the central banks are at the root of all of the world's woes.

No matter how much hard earned honest money the we the people can gather together to build their world the way they want others can fire up the fake money presses and dictate their will.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    "The parliament refused to vote the harsh conditions demanded by the IMF."

I was sort of wondering what was going on over there. I should have known.

Then again I've been figuring the central banks are at the root of all of the world's woes.

No matter how much hard earned honest money the we the people can gather together to build their world the way they want others can fire up the fake money presses and dictate their will.
    If you haven't heard these phone taps they make for an interesting listen:

For Liberty!