Thread: Jennifer Rubin: "Run, Mike Bloomberg, Run"

Jennifer Rubin: "Run, Mike Bloomberg, Run"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...bloomberg-run/

Quote Originally Posted by The Washington Post
    Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg’s dramatic and defiant flight to Israel to protest the U.S. ban on flights to Ben Gurion airport got me thinking. Can anyone imagine Hillary Clinton doing anything so daring, so anti-authoritarian, as that? Has she ever done anything truly shocking and trend-setting?

And that brings me to the ideal candidate to take her on from the left: Bloomberg. He has been a Democrat, a Republican and an independent (a man for all voters!). He is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage (much earlier than Clinton was), anti-gun, anti-smoking and anti-trans fat. Although he is a billionaire, he regularly rode the subway to work as mayor and never claimed to be broke. He has been a prominent advocate for immigration reform and for measures against global warming. What’s not to like if you’re a Democrat? Sure, he balanced budgets, but liberals will happily recall that he raised taxes to do so. Sure, he initially supported the Iraq war, but then so did Clinton. And unlike Clinton, he has been a relatively successful executive. And, what’s more, he could self-finance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a "Run, Mike Bloomberg, Run" bumper sticker on the front of my car and a "Ready for Hillary!" barf bag.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I have a "Run, Mike Bloomberg, Run" bumper sticker on the front of my car and a "Ready for Hillary!" barf bag.
    Steve Stockman actually gave away Obama barf bags in exchange for donations:

Run Zionist Run! or Run Nazi Run! ...would've been better attention grabbing titles.

It's a big day for Rubin when she gets more 30 comments. And that's generally when the article is a Rand Paul hit piece. Except that between the progressives and the libertarian right wing she gets laughably destroyed in the comments. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Just look at the comments in any of her anti-Rand pieces.

If it happened in the long run it would help the tea party and libertarian party. Not so much for the Republican party.

"Run, Mike Bloomberg, Run"
    Huh, yeah, when you put it that way, I suppose there is no such thing as being excited about Michael Bloomberg.

This was satire, right?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Anything that drags Hillary to the left is good.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.