Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul: ‘I wouldn’t question’ Israel

His goal is to get rid of ALL foreign aid. Problem is, that legislation failed miserably. So, his plan is to chunk away at it, one nation at a time. Starting with Israel is not a workable idea. It would not only NOT go over, it would shove him over to the sidelines where he wouldn't be able to get anything at all accomplished. But, he has made his position extremely clear for anyone who has ears and any cognitive ability at all.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That part is,

The section above isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    From the article:

"He added that he’d make sure Israel’s defense was well-supplied and funded — and even proposed an Iron Dome equivalent for the United States."
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Re-read the 3rd paragraph in the article of OP
    Just so we're clear though, the article doesn't QUOTE him, just paraphrasing what he said. The only way to know what he actually said, in full context, is to quote him directly from the interview on that piece.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    His goal is to get rid of ALL foreign aid. Problem is, that legislation failed miserably. So, his plan is to chunk away at it, one nation at a time. Starting with Israel is not a workable idea. It would not only NOT go over, it would shove him over to the sidelines where he wouldn't be able to get anything at all accomplished. But, he has made his position extremely clear for anyone who has ears and any cognitive ability at all.
    I personally don't understand why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. I don't like Israel or what we have created through then any bit as much as anyone, but I can clearly see Rand's reasoning and thinking here. Its makes very good sense, not just politically but psychologically people as a whole will accept this easier than just playing into the "isolationist" ideas that some people would LOVE to paint him with.

I know that they still try, but at least Rand is not providing then with the ammo they need to broadcast that label truthfully...

Its crystal clear

when rand says something like " i wouldn question israels right to defend its self" he isnt saying he supports them in the way this government has for the last few decades.

whats more important to listen to is WHAT HES NOT SAYING. he also isnt saying that he wouldnt question iraq or irans right to defend it self either. see what im saying? ron would come out and say it loud and clear. if rand does this, then he is DONE as of this very day.

this is what i mean when i say "read between the lines". rand is the same guy he was when ron was running. give him time. trust me, i was the one puking when he endorsed romney, but look at what doors thats opened for him. NO ONE can ever say he didnt support the gop nom. for me that doesn matter, but today, i see how this worked out for him. he is still the same guy. as president he will make us proud. i dont think im wrong on this.

Re-read the 3rd paragraph in the article of OP
    I don't see a direct quote from Rand in the article.

Israel has a right to defend itself, but the emphasis should be itself. no aid. and then the war will stop. let Adelson and Zuckerberg pay for their damned iron dome

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I understand he's caught between a rock and a hard place here. I don't know if there is any way for our country to disentangle itself from Israel.

I understand he's caught between a rock and a hard place here. I don't know if there is any way for our country to disentangle itself from Israel.
    There's a way, but it's not going to work to put them first for having aid withdrawn.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

There might be a way, but that might actually involve a full 9/11 investigation or simply releasing 28 pages that are "classified" of what our government already knows:

Jeez, the Rand apologizing has become a disease here. The actual non-interventionist views of his father are being supported by a larger and larger number of people in this country (latest Gallop poll on Israel). And Rand is trying so hard to make sure he gets that Neo-Con vote. And still Jennifer Rubin attacks him. The Israel-firsts crowd will never support Rand Paul. Ever. Ever. Ever. So can we stop pretending he's tricking the bad guys into voting for him. It's really comical. When the debates start they will bring up how he didn't go to some speech by Netanyahu when the rest of Congress was there clapping for him.

THE WAY America's government supports Israel is borderline treason. And Rand needs to mimic those talking points to win the nomination? And no one here cares?

Even Justin Raimondo of Antiwar.com is doing the "if that helps the campaign" thing. Really? The antiwar.com guy is okay with the "liberty candidate" pushing policies that 3-4 years ago EVERYONE on this site would consider pro-war and interventionist policy.

The beltway effect is grabbing hold just in time for the election cycle to hit full swing. Let's all make sure we shave, put on that suit and head down to the next political action event in D.C. and hug all the "principled" Tea Party folks who couldn't find the Bill of Rights if they had it in their pocket.

The Liberty Movement can still be principled without having to be isolated. The country is coming our way, and we are busy running toward the country of last election.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I wouldn’t question what they need to do to defend themselves. These are difficult decisions people make in war when someone attacks you. It’s not our job to second guess.”
    This is a very dangerous statement by Rand if applied to the United States government (and logically - why would this statement apply only to Israel and not the US?). Imagine if he had been a senator under Bush Jr. after 9/11 and the Patriot Act, torture, "authorization" to invade Iraq, drone strikes, indefinite detentions, and out-of-control spending were all going on and he said this:

“I wouldn’t question what Congress does to defend America. These are difficult decisions people make in war when someone attacks you. It’s not my job to second guess.”

We'd all think he's made out of chicken-$#@!. (I guess this moves to the anti-Rand subforum now. So be it I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Jeez, the Rand apologizing has become a disease here. The actual non-interventionist views of his father are being supported by a larger and larger number of people in this country (latest Gallop poll on Israel). And Rand is trying so hard to make sure he gets that Neo-Con vote. And still Jennifer Rubin attacks him. The Israel-firsts crowd will never support Rand Paul. Ever. Ever. Ever. So can we stop pretending he's tricking the bad guys into voting for him. It's really comical. When the debates start they will bring up how he didn't go to some speech by Netanyahu when the rest of Congress was there clapping for him.

THE WAY America's government supports Israel is borderline treason. And Rand needs to mimic those talking points to win the nomination? And no one here cares?

Even Justin Raimondo of Antiwar.com is doing the "if that helps the campaign" thing. Really? The antiwar.com guy is okay with the "liberty candidate" pushing policies that 3-4 years ago EVERYONE on this site would consider pro-war and interventionist policy.

The beltway effect is grabbing hold just in time for the election cycle to hit full swing. Let's all make sure we shave, put on that suit and head down to the next political action event in D.C. and hug all the "principled" Tea Party folks who couldn't find the Bill of Rights if they had it in their pocket.

The Liberty Movement can still be principled without having to be isolated. The country is coming our way, and we are busy running toward the country of last election.

GIve it a rest. No one is folding -around here

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    GIve it a rest. No one is folding -around here
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Isn't that the non-intervenionist foreign policy position?
    Yeah, but so is "don't give them money." Where does Rand stand on that?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12