Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: ‘I wouldn’t question’ Israel

Rand Paul: ‘I wouldn’t question’ Israel

By SARAH SMITH | 7/23/14 12:14 PM EDT Updated: 7/23/14 4:35 PM EDT
    Potential GOP presidential contender Rand Paul said Wednesday that no one should question Israel’s actions in a time of war.
    “I wouldn’t question what they need to do to defend themselves,” the Kentucky Republican told conservative radio host Glenn Beck on “The Blaze.” “These are difficult decisions people make in war when someone attacks you. It’s not our job to second guess.”

Beck played into the buzz around a potential Paul bid for the White House in 2016. He laid out the situation in Israel and his grievances with the Obama administration’s handling of it, then asked, “What would President Paul do?”

“The first thing I do is say absolutely no money goes to Hamas, no foreign aid gets in the hands of Hamas,” Paul responded. He added that he’d make sure Israel’s defense was well-supplied and funded — and even proposed an Iron Dome equivalent for the United States.
    Beck extended the “President Paul” scenario to the second foreign policy crisis on the world stage: Russia.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...#ixzz38QbyNBEH[/FONT][/COLOR]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yay, he just passed the litmus test to become President.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Given the hand we have had in causing the problem, STFU is indeed our best policy.

Now I want to hear him say he would not question Russia, Palestine, Syria or any other country and I will be fine. No special treatment, what I am saying? He would have to suck up to Israel or else the media would turn the people against him and believe you me, they can still do it even now that he is sucking up hard to them.

He's really doing all of the right things to win the nomination now. It's his for the taking.

“I wouldn’t question what they need to do to defend themselves,”
    Isn't that the non-intervenionist foreign policy position?

Ron Paul was one of the few who did not vote to reprimand Israel, for taking out an Iraqi Nuclear Reactor in the 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    That part is,

He added that he’d make sure Israel’s defense was well-supplied and funded — and even proposed an Iron Dome equivalent for the United States.
    The section above isn't.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess America isn't ready to question it's support for Israel yet.
    Stop believing stupid things

It seems to me that some folks may actually want the U.S. geopolitically, economically, and militarily isolated. The U.S. is alienating the two most powerful nations in Europe while attempting, and failing, to dictate policy to Russia and it cannot dictate policy to China.

I'm not sure if anyone is paying attention to the language of some of these Senators and Congressmen but by fudging around with attempting to dictate policy to Russia and China and India and Brazil and France and Germany and Argentina there are some things to consider. Take from it what you will but whatever you take from it, be sure to place into perspective with Post WWII history.

US Set To Alienate Angry Germany Next, As Crackdown Shifts From BNP To Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank

“As we reported over the weekend in “By “Punishing” France, The US Just Accelerated The Demise Of The Dollar“, following the record $9 billion fine against French BNP, the outcry has been fast and furious, with virtually everyone in the local chain of command, from the CEO of Total to the head of the Bank of France (and ECB member) Christian Noyer, all saying that the US is now clearly abusing the reserve power of the dollar and it is time to move away from a dollar-based reserve currency (how that jives with concurrent French demands for a lower EUR is a different, incomprehensible matter entirely).

It appears that having pushed France forcefully into the Russia-China Eurasian, and anti-US camp, the US will now do the same with Germany. Because after infuriating the German population by first refusing to return their gold contained (the legend goes) at the New York Fed, and then with scandal after spying scandal, most recently involving the CIA directly soliciting a German double agent, now the time has come to “punish” Germany’s largest banks for the same kind of money laundering that BNP was engaged in. As the NYT and Reuters report, the time has come to shift away from the BNP scandal and focus on what will soon be the Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank fallout.”

“Still, while one can debate the idiocy of US foreign policy, eager to push European allies into the willing hands of Russia and China at the worst possible moment, when regional and civil wars and conflicts are suddenly breaking out across all key geopolitical hotspots, one wonders: in the case of BNP, the “fine” was as a result of French unwillingness to halt the Russian amphibious warship deal despite US demands. So it would be curious just what the US blackmail against German banks is for: one really does wonder just what punishment Angela Merkel deserves behind the scenes in the eyes of John Kerry et clueless al, to punish her and Germany so blatantly for the entire world to see.

“One thing is clear: if the US thinks that Germany will continue to consider America its BFF and make zero contingency plans for when the alliance with the US finally crashes and burns, it will be truly surprised when the Eurasian alliance of Russia and China finally announces its final, all-important, missing link member: the manufacturing and export powerhouse that is Germany itself.”
    Some of these political folks tend to get over comfortable with using the term isolationist in context with just one country and cherry pickings from issues that relate to special political interest in that single country (in this case, physical war) but the fact is that just because they like to frame it the way that they do and just because all it takes to frame it is discussion limited to a single aspect of a single country, it certainly doesn't remove the reality...and scope of the matter or the term. Isolationaism is a very, very broad subject.

It's not just a term to be mentioned in context with war rattling in Israel or Iran or whatever for convenience sake in dumbing down the phenomenon in whole.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-24-2014 at 05:55 PM.

read between the lines rand doubters.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    He's really doing all of the right things to win the nomination now. It's his for the taking.
    he has some REALLY good coaches.
    Israel is NOT a subject to be questioned in this country today.
    even simply making factual statements about Israel has gotten me into hot water with people. I made the statement,
    "before 1948, the last time that area was known as Israel was 2000 years ago."
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

yawn
    Last edited by jtstellar; 07-24-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Yeah Rand, risking pissing off the Rothschilds would not be a particularly smart political tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Yeah Rand, risking pissing off the Rothschilds would not be a particularly smart political tactic.
    Reported.

That's definitely the non interventionist position.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    That's definitely the non interventionist position.
    Yet it doesn't satisfy those with a particular axe to grind against Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Now I want to hear him say he would not question Russia, Palestine, Syria or any other country and I will be fine. No special treatment, what I am saying? He would have to suck up to Israel or else the media would turn the people against him and believe you me, they can still do it even now that he is sucking up hard to them.
    I would love if he did this, but sadly, it's not realistic.

non-interventionist is what conservatives are supposed to be.

Only non-interventionist when it comes to allowing Israel do whatever they damn well please with the arms we provide them
    The US obviously is not so mute when it comes to other situations ----- i.e. Saddam, Bashaar, Gaddafi, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia etc...

Keeping Israel well funded is not a non-interventionist stance.

Yet let's continue to give money to Israel. How non-interventionist/"conservative" (whatever the $#@! this means anymore) of Rand

To succeed in cutting aid to some regimes, or to fail trying to cut aid to all regimes - those are the choices.

Rand wisely chose the former.

I think it would be if Rand wasn't also for subsidizing Israel's atrocities in the same breath.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Yet let's continue to give money to Israel. How non-interventionist/"conservative" (whatever the $#@! this means anymore) of Rand
    We need to unwind this mess... let's start by no longer funding BOTH sides of the conflict. You may be surprised at the impact of defunding on the actions of one side and how that can undermine the arguments for continuing to fund the other.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    We need to unwind this mess... let's start by no longer funding BOTH sides of the conflict. You may be surprised at the impact of defunding on the actions of one side and how that can undermine the arguments for continuing to fund the other.

But are we really funding Hamas military or is the fund we give them go to humanitarian aid? I say this because I believe we give Israel weapons not food. So if this is true, it would make no sense at all to use ending humanitarian aid to the Palestinians as a justification for ending Israel military aid.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    When has Rand ever said that we should keep Israel well funded? He introduced his own budget several years ago that ended all foreign aid.

“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

When has Rand ever said that we should keep Israel well funded? He introduced his own budget several years ago that ended all foreign aid.
    Re-read the 3rd paragraph in the article of OP

From the article:

"He added that he’d make sure Israel’s defense was well-supplied and funded — and even proposed an Iron Dome equivalent for the United States."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast