Thread: 1/3 of equipment to be left behind in the A'Stan

1/3 of equipment to be left behind in the A'Stan

Billions worth of US Army kit to remain in Afghanistan after withdrawal

The US Army, owner of the bulk of military equipment in Afghanistan, is expecting to leave about USD5 billion worth of gear behind when it has completed a withdrawal operation at the end of 2016.

In January 2014 the army estimated that it had about USD15 billion worth of equipment still deployed in Afghanistan, where the United States has been involved in combat operations since 2001, the country's longest-ever war.
    And of course, the MIC will charge the tax payers twice as much to replace the unit's losses once they return.

Once gear returns from Afghanistan, the army expects it will take about three years and more than USD10 billion to 'reset' everything from vehicles, to weapons, and night vision devices.
    Makes perfect sense.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Typical. The U.S. government left billions of dollars of equipment behind when it bailed out of Vietnam. Kept the international arms dealers busy for years.

I would not at all be surprised if we start seeing the latest generation of U.S. military equipment (night vision gear, sensors, communications, weapons and ammo, etc) turning up in third world armies all around the globe.

what's the ETA on some radical Islamists getting a hold of it?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    what's the ETA on some radical Islamists getting a hold of it?
    Four or five months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    And of course, the MIC will charge the tax payers twice as much to replace the unit's losses once they return.
    It'll cost a damned sight more than that. This is the excuse they always use to spend trillions developing something to counter our own technology--it's now in foreign hands so we need to be able to beat it.

Makes perfect sense.

XNN
    Sure does--if most of your portfolio is in Raytheon, Boeing and Halliburton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So let me get this straight... if I want to buy/sell night vision with my fellow Americans I need to fill out ATF Form 4587...

but my government gives them away for free to foreign governments likely to be overrun by or infiltrated by terrorist organizations?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    So let me get this straight... if I want to buy/sell night vision with my fellow Americans I need to fill out ATF Form 4587...

but my government gives them away for free to foreign governments likely to be overrun by or infiltrated by terrorist organizations?
    Of course.

They only use them on their poor people. You might use them to defend yourself from your own government.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Of course.

They only use them on their poor people. You might use them to defend yourself from your own government.
    Maybe we should all register formally as terrorists. All the most popular members here (including yours truly) have been long reported to Big Sister. That probably just puts us on a not-as-cool watch list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Police departments are weeping at this news.

the army expects it will take about three years and more than USD10 billion to 'reset' everything
    That should create a lot of jobs, no?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

And of course, the MIC will charge the tax payers twice as much to replace the unit's losses once they return. Makes perfect sense. XNN
    Reset does not mean replace equipment. Those units already have a second set of equipment at home station which was not taken to afghanistan.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.