Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adultery

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I certainly saw that I've never met a liberty person in person that supports an Adultery law. I've met 1,000s of liberty people in person and none of them have ever said that someone should be killed if they commit adultery. My guess is almost no one on Earth would support that, even though it was a typical law in the US in the 1700s. If anyone on Earth disagrees with this, please explain why you support the killing of people.
    Just talking about the 10 Commandments, they are God's law, I never said anything about killing anyone.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-24-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I certainly saw that I've never met a liberty person in person that supports an Adultery law. I've met 1,000s of liberty people in person and none of them have ever said that someone should be killed if they commit adultery. My guess is almost no one on Earth would support that, even though it was a typical law in the US in the 1700s. If anyone on Earth disagrees with this, please explain why you support the killing of people.
    Does your definition of "liberty person" preclude any who support adultery laws?

BTW: I don't support adultery laws, but the position I was presenting here was regarding the enforcement of contracts. I don't think the penalty for contract violation is death or imprisonment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I don't think the penalty for contract violation is death or imprisonment
    Why not?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Leave me out of this one! Im not a grown up, Im an Adultolescent! Wait, that still doesnt count, does it? :P
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Why not?
    Well, I would think if a contract is violated the person who was on the other side of the contract should be compensated. I mean, that would make the most sense to me,.

I suppose a couple could create a mutual agreement where they jointly own assets and that contract is sealed by an exclusive and regular sexual union. The agreement would be broken by sexually uniting with someone else, or by choosing not to engage in sex. The one who violates the terms of the agreement would lose everything.

But if there is an agreement, there has to be someone who adjudicates the agreement if there is a breach. This doesn't have to be a government, necessarily, but at least a neutral third party.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I suppose a couple could create a mutual agreement where they jointly own assets and that contract is sealed by an exclusive and regular sexual union. The agreement would be broken by sexually uniting with someone else, or by choosing not to engage in sex. The one who violates the terms of the agreement would lose everything.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Sex, it like the only thing religious people think about. They are obsessed with copulation.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Sex, it like the only thing religious people think about. They are obsessed with copulation.
    If you look at my posting history here, I don't discuss sexual topics particularly often.

Modern America is obsessed with sex, almost all jokes I hear are sexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone only thinks about sex, comrade. Particularly in the US. I'm not sure why, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    It should be left up to the husband to decide.
    What if there are two husbands?

Has nothing to do with religion.. It has to do with being Human.
    I have been obsessed since I was about 6.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I think marriage should be a death pact. The rules are spelled out and if anyone breaks them, they consent to be killed by the other person.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I think marriage should be a death pact. The rules are spelled out and if anyone breaks them, they consent to be killed by the other person.
    Yikes. Don't try picking up chicks at the bar with that line.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by LogCabinGOProud View Post
    What if there are two husbands?
    LOL, or two wives...

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    So when a woman commits adultery, the man gets custody of the kids, the house, child support, and maintenance...?
    BOOM! And there is a truth bomb! lol...

Ain't it the truth....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Yikes. Don't try picking up chicks at the bar with that line.
    if you pick up chicks at the bar probability they are the kind of girl that will stay with you is 1%
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because it's a civil affair not a criminal/violent one.

Why not?
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12