Thread: Drinking carrot juice can protect your skin from the sun

Thumbs up Drinking carrot juice can protect your skin from the sun

Drinking carrot juice can protect your skin from the sun

Wed. Jul. 23, 2014
    by Linda Kordich

There’s really no need for toxic sunscreen products. In fact, many of the chemicals used in the most ‘popular’ sunscreen lotions can cause cancer – as they get absorbed into your skin and pollute the bloodstream.

Some ingredients are so toxic, you would never consider consuming them, yet when we put them onto our skins, that’s exactly what’s happening. Of course, nobody wants a sunburn – but there is a safer way to protect your skin.
    Protect your skin from the sun – without toxic chemicals

May I suggest a natural solutions that is proven to be highly-effective? Freshly made carrot juice, consumed on a regular basis – daily during summertime, or every other day – will keep your skin from being burned. If you are juicing carrots regularly – there’s no need to use sunblock. Of course, you’ll never hear this from the sunscreen manufacturers or the corporately-controlled media.

You see, carrots have a natural pigment called, melanin. And it’s this melanin that may turn your skin orange in color, especially your hands and underneath your feet.

But don’t worry!

This is nature’s way of protecting your skin from sun damage, sunburn and skin disorders. Drinking about 1 liter per day may turn your skin orange more than you like, in the first six months, but after those six months, your skin will naturally balance itself out.

What is the best way to extract the juice from the carrots?

You can’t ‘blend’ carrots very well at all – so please don’t let people try to confuse you into believing you can, because you can’t. We can juice 10 to 15 carrots that will make about 24 to 30 ounces of pure juice, but you could never get that many nutrients from blended carrots.

You see, this is just one of the great benefits to juicing, its ‘concentrated nutrition’. And, when in juice form, you are much more likely to absorb 100% of the essential nutrients needed for skin protection and optimal health.

Now, don’t get me wrong, the use of a blender – to make nutritious smoothies – does offer great health benefits. But, in terms of carrots – juicing is the way to go.

What exactly are the benefits of carrot juice?

Carrot juices contain provitamin A – from nature and not a capsule – which is essential for tissue growth in the body. Therefore, with daily intake of carrot juice, one doesn’t need to take vitamin A supplements. Plus, by drinking carrot juice, you are absorbing it much more efficiently.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I fricking LOVE carrot juice. I drink it after working out.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Not as well as a sunscreen will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I'll take my chances with carrot juice rather than slathering on that poison. Thank you very much.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I'll take my chances with carrot juice rather than slathering on that poison. Thank you very much.
    Not sure if you've heard about it, but you can also make coconut oil sunscreen:
    http://coconutoilinformation.com/coc.../#.U9BvDvldX-v
    Another recipe:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/hom...screen-recipe/

Carrot juice tastes better.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    Not sure if you've heard about it, but you can also make coconut oil sunscreen:
    http://coconutoilinformation.com/coc.../#.U9BvDvldX-v
    Another recipe:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/hom...screen-recipe/
    Nice recipe, Thanks.

I have never used sunscreen but drink carrot juice a lot I highly recommend using organic carrots they are much sweeter.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Having had a minor bout with skin cancer, I appreciate sunscreen more. I have fair skin and sometimes can spend a lot of time outdoors.

But there is no reason you can't use both.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-24-2014 at 01:57 PM.

I watched a few "Naked and alone" survival reality show on Natgeo and they would rub mud on their skin for sun protection. I would try that instead if I wasn't already equipped with a natural and permanent sun block.

Having had a minor bout with skin cancer, I appreciate sunscreen more. I have fair skin and sometimes can spend a lot of time outdoors.
    There is more information pointing to people who slather on sunscreen have far more issues with skin cancer than people who do not use it at all.

Could Sunscreen Actually Cause Skin Cancer?

We know that sun exposure (without burning) can provide protection against melanoma. We also know that sunscreens offer no protection. But could they actually cause cancer?

The evidence is affirmative. To begin with, the greatest rise in melanoma has been found in countries where sunscreens are used the most.7 Of course, this only establishes a correlation. To identify a a causal relationship, we have to dig deeper.

Here are four reasons why sunscreen can actually cause skin cancer (and other forms of cancer too).

1 – Sunscreen Blocks Your Production of Protective Melanin

Melanin is the pigment in your skin that is responsible for the tanning response. It is also inversely correlated with the amount of DNA damage that occurs due to excessive UV radiation.8 In other words, the tan produced by sunlight protects your skin from damage.

Sunscreen blocks your skin from producing this protective pigment. It prevents your body from employing its natural defense against overexposure to sunlight – a tan. If you use sunscreen regularly, you are more likely to burn without it.

There is no evidence that tanning is a risk factor for any disease. However, there is a lot of evidence that tanned skin – particularly during childhood and adolescence – provides protection against melanoma.9,10,11

#2 – Sunscreen Blocks Your Production of Vitamin D

Vitamin D is highly protective against internal cancers. That’s why people who live closest to the equator (where UV exposure is higher) have lower rates of colon, lung, breast, and prostate cancers. But it also protects against melanoma. In lab experiments, vitamin D has been shown to cause melanoma cells to self-destruct.12,13

Vitamin D is critical to your body’s anti-cancer defense system. And sunscreen virtually eliminates its production. A sunscreen with an SPF of 8 reduces your ability to produce vitamin D by more than 95 percent. A sunscreen with an SPF of 15 reduces vitamin D production by more than 99 percent.14

It is beyond the scope of this article, but there are at least seven distinct ways that vitamin D fights and prevents cancer. We document these in detail in the book we published with Dr. Al Sears, Your Best Health Under the Sun.

#3 – The Chemicals in Sunscreen Promote Cancer

Most commercial sunscreens use chemicals to absorb UV light. Unfortunately, most of these chemicals are carcinogenic. That means they’ve been proven to cause cancer – the very thing these products claim to protect against!

One of the most common chemicals used in sunscreen is known as PABA or padimate-O. PABA is essentially harmless in the dark. However, exposure to UV light causes it to attack the DNA within your cells.15,16

One study that proved this was published in Mutation Research. It showed that when sunscreen containing padimate-O was used, it increased DNA damage 75-fold compared to the absence of sunscreen.17 Another study in Great Britain looked at the tendency of PABA to induce genetic mutation.18 The researchers stated:

“Chemically speaking, it is identical to an industrial chemical that generates free radicals when illuminated… Our results suggest that some sunscreens could, while preventing sunburn, contribute to sunlight-related cancers.”

And of course, this is just one of the common chemicals within sunscreen. There are at least half a dozen others that have been proven to promote cancer and disrupt your hormones.

Some of these chemicals mimic the effects of estrogen in the body. This can also promote tumor growth and speed the spread of cancer. And that’s not all. These gender benders can also cause a decline in male sperm count, trigger early puberty in girls, lower fertility in women and induce feminine characteristics in men.

A Swiss study published in Environmental Health Perspectives found five sunscreen chemicals that behave like estrogen:19

Octyl-dimethyl-PABA (OD-PABA)
    Benzophenone-3 (Bp-3)
    Homosalate (HMS)
    Octyl-methoxycinnamate (OMC)
    4-methyl-benzylidene camphor (4-MBC)

In laboratory testing, all of these chemicals cause cancer cells to grow more rapidly. And they can have a synergistic effect when they’re combined. Two “weak” estrogen-mimics can produce a very strong response. These chemicals also penetrate the skin and enter the blood. That means they can exert their toxic influences throughout the body.20 Especially when you follow your dermatologist’s advice to apply generous amounts every two hours!

#4 – Sunscreen Does Not Block All the Rays of the Sun

For several decades, most sunscreens only blocked UVB rays. These are the rays that produce vitamin D. They are also the rays that cause sunburn. By blocking these rays, you could stay out in the sun for hours without burning.

But what the sunscreen manufacturers didn’t tell you is that their products did nothing to block UVA rays. While UVA rays don’t cause sunburn, they do penetrate deep into your skin. Prolonged exposure to UVA can cause cellular damage. It is also associated with wrinkles, premature aging… and skin cancer.21,22

Without sunscreen, it would be difficult to stay in the sun long enough for UVA to cause damage. You would start to get sunburned. And for your own protection, you would either cover up or go indoors. But sunscreen “short circuits” your body’s natural protection instinct. This allows you to stay in the sun for long periods of time, fully exposed to UVA radiation.

Some sunscreen manufacturers now make “broad spectrum” sunscreens. These are supposed to protect against both UVA and UVB rays. But most UVA sunscreens only have a sun protection factor (SPF) of about 4. Don’t count on sunscreens to protect you from UVA rays.
    http://institutefornaturalhealing.co...-21st-century/

Researchers at the Environmental Working Group, a Washington-based nonprofit, released their annual report claiming nearly half of the 500 most popular sunscreen products may actually increase the speed at which malignant cells develop and spread skin cancer because they contain vitamin A and its derivatives, retinol and retinyl palmitate.

Furthermore, the FDA has known about the dangers of vitamin A in sunscreens since ordering a study 10 years ago, but has done nothing to alert the public of the dangers.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ng-cancer.aspx

There’s some evidence that sunscreens might increase the risk of the deadliest form of skin cancer for some people.

Some researchers have detected an increased risk of melanoma among sunscreen users. No one knows the cause, but scientists speculate that sunscreen users stay out in the sun longer and absorb more radiation overall, or that free radicals released as sunscreen chemicals break down in sunlight may play a role. One other hunch: Inferior sunscreens with poor UVA protection that have dominated the market for 30 years may have led to this surprising outcome. All major public health agencies still advise using sunscreens, but they also stress the importance of shade, clothing and timing.
    http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/...screen_01.html

Wearing sunscreen may NOT prevent skin cancer, study claims
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz38Pej9l4r

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have never used sunscreen but drink carrot juice a lot I highly recommend using organic carrots they are much sweeter.
    I drink it everyday. Good stuff.

Oh also, you should look into Iodine therapy too.

I got it from not using sunscreen and getting burned too many times. I bicycle (sometimes over three hours a day) and don't put it on my forehead because sweat will cause it to drip down into the eyes which is not pleasant. That is where I got the cancer. I do wear a cap to protect my forehead now.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I watched a few "Naked and alone" survival reality show on Natgeo and they would rub mud on their skin for sun protection. I would try that instead if I wasn't already equipped with a natural and permanent sun block.
    Elephants and hippos use mud and dirt as sunscreen (yes, elephants can get sunburned as well).

I think sunscreen is a better choice, especially at a Pride Parade when you're literally completely exposed to the sun!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Elephants and hippos use mud and dirt as sunscreen (yes, elephants can get sunburned as well).
    lol, I thought you said elephants and hippies.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    lol, I thought you said elephants and hippies.
    Hippies tan.

Exposure to the sun could actually HALVE your chance of developing some forms of cancer

By Cindy Tran
    Published: 06:50 EST, 28 July 2014

Sun exposure could potentially reduce the risks of ovarian, oesophageal and pancreatic cancers
    Not enough UV rays may cause children to develop rickets and ostemomalacia in adults
    Professor Neale is currently recruiting 25,000 Australians over 60 to participate in a vitamin D study

Extra exposure to the sun could potentially reduce the risks of developing some forms of cancer by up to 50 per cent, according to experts.

Previous studies by Professor Rachel Neale found those who had lived in areas with higher levels of UV rays had a 30 to 40 per cent lower chance of pancreatic cancer than those who had lived in areas with lower ambient UV rays.

The professor from the QIMR Berghoffer Medical Research Institute in Brisbane is currently recruiting 25,000 Australians over 60 to participate in a study to examine if vitamin D can reduce the risks of ovarian, oesophageal and pancreatic cancers.

Continued...

As someone who's incredibly fair and doesn't tan at all (can't even if I wanted to), I'll stick with sunscreen if this is an "either or" thing.

Sometimes just being out in the full sun for 1-2 hours is enough for me to get burned...doesn't even have to be incredibly hot out, either.