Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a Free Town or County

Oh, and I hung out in Keene. Everyone was very hospitable. I wasn't abused once!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I have actually been to Aladdin!
    I'm starting to doubt myself now. I may have just driven through Alva and not made it as far as Aladdin; I can't remember for sure.

The fireworks show at Devil's Tower was great, though. Just a bunch of old duffers lighting them off. And they'd get distracted watching them, so then there were long gaps in between bursts while they lit some up again.

Oh, and they had a boy about 10 years old helping them light them (not too concerned about safety regs at Devil's Tower, Wyoming, thank goodness) and when he'd light one, he'd stand there all ready, kind of tense, and then as soon as it went off he'd jump into the air! Boom!

And that was just the "official" show. The other cool thing was that there was probably approximately as much artillery of the unofficial variety. Everyone had brought fireworks, it seemed; big fireworks, fireworks just as cool as the official ones. And they lit them off before and after the show whenever they wanted. That's what a fireworks celebration should be! An actual atmosphere of freedom and fun, not a controlled, centralized, sterilized, tax-funded presentation with all mere citizens prohibited from lighting off their own.

I have also been to Aladdin and even climbed Devil's Tower. Well, I didn't make it to the top but you have to contact the government ahead of time and get legal permission to climb it. I don't do that. I love rock climbing in WY, SD, IL or NH even. I never get government permission so I cannot go all the way up Devil's Tower Thankfully, I don't have that problem in NH
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I have also been to Aladdin and even climbed Devil's Tower. Well, I didn't make it to the top but you have to contact the government ahead of time and get legal permission to climb it. I don't do that. I love rock climbing in WY, SD, IL or NH even. I never get government permission so I cannot go all the way up Devil's Tower Thankfully, I don't have that problem in NH
    I may or may not have climbed up Mt. Rushmore (I admit nothing!) so I could stand on top of Abe Lincoln's ugly head and spit on it. Security is not tight. They do have a guard building up there, though.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I may or may not have climbed up Mt. Rushmore (I admit nothing!) so I could stand on top of Abe Lincoln's ugly head and spit on it. Security is not tight. They do have a guard building up there, though.
    You likely didn't climb all the way up Mt. Rushmore
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-25-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Silly comment deleted. To make up for the silly comment, enjoy this photo.

Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.

So does anyone else have some place they love and think would be a likely candidate?

Maybe rural Alaska in the Bush. There are places without even roads. Check out the TV show Alaska State Troopers. If the Alaska State Police were eliminated, a lot of those Bush communities would be pretty free.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-26-2014 at 01:18 PM.

So does anyone else have some place they love and think would be a likely candidate?
    Yes,, but I won't publicize it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    Here is some data for you, counties under 1k pop (2012 est)

Loving County, Texas 71
    Kalawao County, Hawaii 90
    King County, Texas 276
    Kenedy County, Texas 431
    Arthur County, Nebraska 486
    McPherson County, Nebraska 509
    Petroleum County, Montana 511
    Blaine County, Nebraska 514
    Loup County, Nebraska 589
    Borden County, Texas 616
    Grant County, Nebraska 629
    Yakutat City and Borough, Alaska 668
    Thomas County, Nebraska 676
    San Juan County, Colorado 690
    Harding County, New Mexico 707
    Mineral County, Colorado 709
    McMullen County, Texas 726
    Hooker County, Nebraska 727
    Treasure County, Montana 736
    Slope County, North Dakota 758
    Banner County, Nebraska 760
    Logan County, Nebraska 765
    Esmeralda County, Nevada 775
    Keya Paha County, Nebraska 804
    Wheeler County, Nebraska 805
    Hinsdale County, Colorado 810
    Golden Valley County, Montana 839
    Kent County, Texas 839
    Roberts County, Texas 854
    Clark County, Idaho 869
    Billings County, North Dakota 905
    Terrell County, Texas 917
    Hayes County, Nebraska 953
    Skagway Municipality, Alaska 959
    Bristol Bay Borough, Alaska 991
    Yakutat,larger than Connecticut and Rhode Island combined,is inaccessible by either road or rail.The only way in or out is by boat or plane.

I have been there twice,on a commercial fishing boat,I still have a hoody with Sitka Sound Seafoods-Yakutat,Alaska on it.
    Last edited by mad cow; 07-28-2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    is inaccessible by either road or rail.
    That means it's perfect for Libertarians!
    Stop believing stupid things

I think libertarians need to think in the 3rd dimension. If you build underground and control the entry points, then the law beyond the gates no longer applies.

We must tunnel!!!.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    That means it's perfect for Libertarians!
    Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I think libertarians need to think in the 3rd dimension. If you build underground and control the entry points, then the law beyond the gates no longer applies.

We must tunnel!!!.
    That does not work. The locals tried in during Vietnam and the US government hunted them down and killed them. Some underground railroad locations were raided. The underground tunnels between the US and Mexican border are hunted down and destroyed. The Israel government is destroying the underground tunnels over there. Big governments hate tunnels.

Hobbit home destroyed. http://www.off-grid.net/2013/08/14/h...ome-destroyed/

You could buy a former bomb shelter or missile storage facility but the government would likely have the plans to it. Plus, if the government got mad, it could just seal up the air events, killing everyone inside.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-28-2014 at 07:11 PM.

As this thread passes into extinction, I thought I'd take a moment to express a couple of thoughts I've had about the OP.

There have been a few brilliant ideas expressed by the membership on how such a community could be set up. I would find it an interesting experience sharing such a community with many of you.

IMHO, none of these brilliant ideas were any better than the founding principles our country was supposedly built on. Rather than finding a new location, I would encourage people to take back government at the local level. This is something that can be done.

Did your Mayor just have an 80 year old man arrested for asking him to speak up? You can have that Mayor out of office and in jail pretty darn quick. If we want it.

At the local level, we can have Agenda 21 policies removed from Codes and Ordinances. At the local level, we can give back property rights to the property owners. Let local business' run without local government interference.

It requires no more energy to fix the existing problem than it does to create a whole new community.

Let's fix what we have...that's my point I think.

This has been discussed before. I want to bring it up again and see how much interest there still is.

If there are about 1,000 liberty-lovers willing to relocate, we could all relocate to a town or county of population 1,000 or so and take over.

Who would be interested and willing to do such a thing?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leith,_North_Dakota

Why is it that some of you want to associate me with unsavory people? People with which I have nothing to do? What is the purpose of that?

Why is it that some of you want to associate me with unsavory people? People with which I have nothing to do? What is the purpose of that?
    PRB's purpose here is trolling. He has been a liberal troll right from the start. Just take a look at his posting history, including the thread where you and I had a conversation about him. He gets another neg rep from me. I recommend a neg rep party for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
    As this thread passes into extinction, I thought I'd take a moment to express a couple of thoughts I've had about the OP.
    Thanks! We're just getting started, though!

There have been a few brilliant ideas expressed by the membership on how such a community could be set up. I would find it an interesting experience sharing such a community with many of you.
    True. I agree.

IMHO, none of these brilliant ideas were any better than the founding principles our country was supposedly built on.
    I haven't seen anyone express anything about principles like this. We are, in fact, working to implement the exact same principles: liberty, freedom, and independence. The same principles as the founders. The Spirit of '76, if you will.

We are seeking to apply those principles effectively to our situation. That is a different situation than the founders found themselves in. Tactical innovation is most certainly called for. The innovative and the determined will always win the day.

Rather than finding a new location, I would encourage people to take back government at the local level. This is something that can be done.
    Is it? I am not so sure as you. I would want proof. I am interested in things that work, that succeed. And my standard for success in this case is pretty high -- not unreasonably high, but higher than what I believe I can get by trying to "take back" my local government.

Did your Mayor just have an 80 year old man arrested for asking him to speak up? You can have that Mayor out of office and in jail pretty darn quick. If we want it.
    I really do not think I can. I do not have that kind of power. Maybe if I devoted my life to it for the next year. But I don't want to do that. And I don't really see how it would solve anything. The next guy will be not much better. Nothing will truly change.

At the local level, we can have Agenda 21 policies removed from Codes and Ordinances. At the local level, we can give back property rights to the property owners. Let local business' run without local government interference.
    These are enormous projects. All of these would be made much easier with a majority backing them. Don't you think?

It requires no more energy to fix the existing problem than it does to create a whole new community.
    I think that forming a new community from scratch is too ambitious and not realistic. I propose something much more normal: move into an existing town. Act normal. Go about life. But bring along with you your strong political belief in liberty.

Let's fix what we have...that's my point I think.
    I think that the geographical concentration tactic is a very interesting and potentially effective method to do exactly what you are wanting to do. Why go it alone when you can have backup? Why lose, when you can win?

Both that idea and your idea were originally stated as taking over a local government by bringing in a group of outsiders to out vote the existing population. My biggest problem with your idea was that trying to take over a group of people in such a way isn't moral or likely to succeeded, IMO. For example, there is talk of removing the company charter for that town if even people move in to take over by force. Seems like a reasonable way to react to a bunch of people with guns moving into a town to take it over by force.

I think you changed the idea to do like what is happening in Grafton, NH. It isn't a take over effort there but because it once appeared to be, there is still some push back. Plus obviously the expected push back from people working for the government, people with family members working for the government, liberals, Democrats RINOs and so on. But IMO, a take over effort maybe even should be opposed by locals on principle. States can remove company charters for towns and counties if they want to do so.

The FSP was never, ever about taking over or overwhelming the population with numbers. But because in a separate paper that predates the FSP, the person that eventually founded the FSP used the words take over, the MSM still to this day lies about the FSP calling it a take over... So you might want to move this thread to Hot Topic or have it deleted completely. Or maybe just ask everyone to edit their posts to remove the language. I'll do it if you do it Because this very thread, especially what you types in it, may haunt your project, if it gets off the group, for many, many years. Low informed people are not well informed. They make up the majority of voters and I don't want to see the people that might join your project have to face extra, unneeded prejudice.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what you say?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    PRB's purpose here is trolling. He has been a liberal troll right from the start. Just take a look at his posting history, including the thread where you and I had a conversation about him. He gets another neg rep from me. I recommend a neg rep party for him.
    what about my posting history makes me a liberal?

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    what you say?
    I am saying: what is the purpose of your post?

I am saying: what is the purpose of your post?
    I heard of a town which people tried to "take over due to a small population, for their own political purpose" so I posted that.

Thanks.

You're too late, though. Keith already tried smearing me by association to these neo-Nazis. And then to the bizarre and disturbing events of Jonestown by replying to 56k. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat Keith to something like this.

Thanks.

You're too late, though. Keith already tried smearing me by association to these neo-Nazis. And then to the bizarre and disturbing events of Jonestown by replying to 56k. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat Keith to something like this.
    I'm sorry. I'm not trying to smear you. Saying take over was a smear that you put on yourself. I was trying to show you why it is a smear. That those neo-Nazis did was try to take over a small town. It backfired and they went to jail. Now the town is thinking of ending it's corporate charter to make sure that it will be impossible for outsiders with guns to take them over.

If you want, I will ask a moderator to delete my reply to Jonestown. I honestly didn't know what the person was talking about. There have been so many failed take over ideas, it is hard to keep up with all of them

Thankfully you haven't used your real name in relation to any of this. Still, by calling it a take over in your first post, you are still swearing the idea, IMO.

I heard of a town which people tried to "take over due to a small population, for their own political purpose" so I posted that.
    Seems like a rational reason to post it, IMO.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to smear you. Saying take over was a smear that you put on yourself. I was trying to show you why it is a smear. That those neo-Nazis did was try to take over a small town. It backfired and they went to jail. Now the town is thinking of ending it's corporate charter to make sure that it will be impossible for outsiders with guns to take them over.

If you want, I will ask a moderator to delete my reply to Jonestown. I honestly didn't know what the person was talking about. There have been so many failed take over ideas, it is hard to keep up with all of them

Thankfully you haven't used your real name in relation to any of this. Still, by calling it a take over in your first post, you are still swearing the idea, IMO.
    what did they go to jail for? that I was never clear on.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry.
    Hey, no hard feelings!

I'm not trying to smear you. Saying take over was a smear that you put on yourself. I was trying to show you why it is a smear.
    Well then why not just say that, like TonySutton did? Come on, you and I have been on these forums a long time. I know that your number 1 priority is convincing people to move to New Hampshire. My thread seemed like it might constitute a threat to that agenda. It's only fair (and predictable) that you would descend on it to attack it however you could. No hard feelings; no problem. I just prefer that the thread keep moving in a more productive direction, instead of Koolaid and neo-Nazis.

That those neo-Nazis did was try to take over a small town. It backfired and they went to jail. Now the town is thinking of ending it's corporate charter to make sure that it will be impossible for outsiders with guns to take them over.
    1. They were neo-Nazis
    2. They were crazy
    3. They were living in non-first-world conditions -- no plumbing, etc.
    4. These were very marginal people -- even by the standards of other neo-Nazis!

They were just weird, marginal people. Same thing with Zach Bass.

I am not interested in doing some strange, bizarre, kooky thing. I am not interested in setting up hippy camp. Even some of the stuff in Keene -- the communal house where people can sleep on the couch or whatever -- is a bit too much like hippy camp for me.

There are high-quality, successful people who believe in libertarian ideas. Getting together and implementing a geographical concentration strategy, wherein we join with the locals to move the county or town closer to liberty, is a reasonable idea. So, we are discussing it. It's worth discussing.

Thankfully you haven't used your real name in relation to any of this. Still, by calling it a take over in your first post, you are still smearing the idea, IMO.
    Taking over is exactly what the FSP is doing, exactly what the FSP is all about. If you are that hung up about verbiage, though, perhaps other lesser persons will be, too. I will change my first post.

what did they go to jail for? that I was never clear on.
    For going out on the town waving their rifles around and shouting. Looking like they were out to make trouble. They were also drunk, I believe.

This is just a crazy, crazy guy, and his most crazy, loony friends. No semi-normal person would want to associate with him. Even other neo-Nazis don't want to associate with him.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast