Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Creating a Free Town or County

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Basically nothing.
    I think there are very strong and significant psychological differences. It would be important to understand them. I agree with you very strongly that understanding psychology is important and valuable.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I think there are very strong and significant psychological differences.
    What do you think they are?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    What do you think they are?
    Read the above books, or even the authors' blogs, and you will start to get the general outlines of *some* of my ideas (still in flux) regarding the answer to that Question.

Costilla boasted 3,400 inhabitants in 2013. 1,600 off gridders joined the area in last couple years, mostly independents and conservatives. Officials are desperately trying to run them out of the county. We are a very REAL THREAT OF TAKING OVER. Import a few hundred patriots in the next year and we can win. Not a dime to your name required just get here any way you can we will make due.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty4vince View Post
    Costilla boasted 3,400 inhabitants in 2013. 1,600 off gridders joined the area in last couple years, mostly independents and conservatives. Officials are desperately trying to run them out of the county. We are a very REAL THREAT OF TAKING OVER. Import a few hundred patriots in the next year and we can win. Not a dime to your name required just get here any way you can we will make due.
    Vince, it does seem like a fascinating opportunity. Maybe I'll go over and scout it out. What would you do were you to take over? What is your agenda?

Very simple. I would read the constitution and do what it says. For those that know the constitution, that would be a VERY EXTREME political platform. So think about it. What is my agenda. If you were to read something in the constitution that I'm not adhering to and can point it out to me, I have to do/not do it.

There are as you know MANY things going on in "government" that are unconstitutional. I invite people to TELL ME what is unconstitutional that is currently happening.

My #1 priority would be educating the people of my county on their RIGHTS so I don't need to be sheriff for more than four years.

Very simple. I would read the constitution and do what it says.
    But the constitution (the federal Constitution) does not apply to county Sheriffs.

And the Colorado Constitution is not that great.

I'd like more specifics. So let's get specific:

With regards to the rampant begging on the roads and sidewalks and corners, would you be cracking down and eliminating it, or relaxing controls?

Vandalism. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Shop-lifting. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Speeding. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Drug abuse. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Thanks!

Since when does the sheriff not take an oath to the federal constitution?

Vandalism is property damage. It obviously cannot be tollerated.

Shoplifting is stealing. Is the answer here not obvious?

Speeding is a commercial violation. If not operating commercially speeding is not unlawful. Traveling recklessly on the roads would not be tollerated, however patrols by staff officers would be eliminated. Speedtraps by and large are only motivated by money and profit They rarely help anyone.

Drug abuse is up to the abuser to stop when they choose to. There is no authority in the constitution to regulate what people smoke, eat, snort or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    But the constitution (the federal Constitution) does not apply to county Sheriffs.

And the Colorado Constitution is not that great.

I'd like more specifics. So let's get specific:

With regards to the rampant begging on the roads and sidewalks and corners, would you be cracking down and eliminating it, or relaxing controls?

Vandalism. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Shop-lifting. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Speeding. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Drug abuse. Cracking down, or relaxing?

Thanks!
    True freedom is often very popular to the individual you may be talking to. Freedom for everyone else in that context is usually not popular to anyone.

Since when does the sheriff not take an oath to the federal constitution?
    They should defend it, sure, great, but under a Constructionist view, they cannot very well violate it. It does not apply to them.

The Constitution is an EULA restricting the actions of one institution: the Federal Government. Of course, like all EULAs, the user it's supposedly "binding" to only listen to the CD with an attitude of upmost respect, only in a sound-proof environment, not criticize nor divulge any proprietary musical chords encountered, never, ever upload to torrent, and be prepared to turn over any first-born children or (in lieu of that) bodily organs to the company of party the first, hereafter known as Your Massa, that user is completely ignoring the EULA. He long ago tore it off and threw it away! He does not even consider us, We the People, to be his Massa! Scandalous, yes? The audacity!

Perhaps via the Associative Property it could come to be relevant to county sheriffs in very particular cases, such as cooperating with Federal agents in certain operations. If the action were unconstitutional, the sheriff could refuse to cooperate. But that is an edge case.

Sounds like your answers were:

Begging: You're not going to reply to that.
    Vandalism: Crack down.
    Shoplifting: At least keep the status quo. Will you become more harsh than the current regime -- that is, crack down? Unknown.
    Speeding: Not only relax, but almost entirely stop enforcement.
    Drug Abuse: Entirely stop enforcement.

OK, good. I support your agenda.

How is the campaign going?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011