Thread: Ben Stein: 'Jew Hatred' Exists 'in the Media'

Ben Stein: 'Jew Hatred' Exists 'in the Media'

Newsmax

Ben Stein: 'Jew Hatred' Exists 'in the Media'

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 07:29 PMBy: Bill Hoffmann

The mainstream media exhibit a disturbing malice for Jews that smacks of anti-Semitism, actor, economist and commentator Ben Stein tells Newsmax TV.

"There's just a certain amount of Jew hatred in the media, especially in the elite media, that cannot be overcome or explained away,'' Stein said Tuesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show.''

"The media in this country for a very long time has been contemptuous of Jews and contemptuous of Jewish life," Stein said.

"This was true during the Holocaust, when the media was largely controlled by old, lying, wealthy, white Protestant males, and it's true now when it's controlled by mostly left-wingers.''

Stein, a former speechwriter for Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford and an actor in such films as "Ghostbusters II,'' said media defenders try to "pretend it's not anti-Semitism, it's really anti-Israel, but it's really anti-Semitism.''

Just as upsetting is the fact that Jews themselves have key positions in today's media, he said.

"The media likes to portray Jews as bullies and murderers and . . . it's kind of amazing to me, because so much of the media is Jewish,'' he said.

"Some of that media is very, very good. I mean, I look at people like [The Weekly Standard founder] Bill Kristol, he's absolutely fabulous. But there's a deep-seated self-hatred, especially [among] the New York City elite media.

"They want to show they're not Jewish by being anti-Israel, and it's not going to work. We know they're Jewish and we know that they're not being fair to their own people, but they'll keep doing it.''

Stein said the media has unfairly slammed Israel for its military strikes against Hamas, which last week fired rockets at key Israeli cities.

"We're supposed to think there's something wrong with them for defending their country,'' said Stein, who is also a Newsmax contributor.

"Every story about the war in Gaza should begin with 'Hamas started it, Hamas endlessly refuses to have a ceasefire.'

"Hamas could have an incredibly prosperous and happy, peaceful partnership with Israel, and they don't, they prefer to fight, they prefer to kill.''

Stein lashed out at Secretary of State John Kerry for his sarcastic off-camera remark about Israel's military strike against Hamas in Gaza as "a hell of a pinpoint operation.''

"Terrible, shocking, shocking. Kerry is a perfect example of everything we have talked about, because Kerry is Jewish – ethnically,'' Stein said.

"Yet he is so eager to push an image as a WASP gentile and to look down his nose on Israel. He is sort of a perfect specimen of the kind of behavior we're talking about.''
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ben...t_nbr=guxuawe5

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I had a bit part in a couple 80's movies and went on to making a living making incorrect economic assessments on TV, could I then make the assertion that the spaghetti industry hates Italians, and not sound like a complete moron?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

LOL, in the media of all places?!? Gimme an F'N break.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If I had a bit part in a couple 80's movies and went on to making a living making incorrect economic assessments on TV, could I then make the assertion that the spaghetti industry hates Italians, and not sound like a complete moron?
    He also had a fairly successful game show that ran for around 6 years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Win_Ben_Stein%27s_Money

As to the OP claims: yes, my heart absolutely weeps for those poor victims of the media.

...when the media was largely controlled by old, lying, wealthy, white Protestant males...
    Damn dirty WASPs.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, given that few Zionists are actually Jewish, I think the closest I've seen to antisemitism came from Mel Brooks. Who is Jewish. And, unlike Israel apologists, has a sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jews Against Zionism is a group for Jews and others opposed to the Zionist movement and ideology, and to its impact on both Palestinians and Jews. This is not a religious group, not a racist hate group, and not a conspiracy-theory group. JAZ is a political group, committed to coexistence between Palestinians and Israeli Jews.

We believe that the conflict in Palestine cannot be resolved without a return of Palestinian refugees and dismantlement of the Zionist structure of the state of Israel - and that this is impossible in the context of two states and a re-partition of Palestine. We advocate the only approach which can lead to peace with justice in the region: we call for a unitary, secular and democratic Palestine, the return of Palestinian refugees, and full and equal rights for Palestinians, Israeli Jews, and all other people living in the whole of Palestine.

http://www.freewebs.com/jewsagainstzionism/

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Some Jews Hate Zionism.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zionism is a red herring. It's Bolshevism which is the disease that needs to be controlled. The modern state of Israel and its inhabitants are merely more pawns in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Zionism is a red herring. It's Bolshevism which is the disease that needs to be controlled. The modern state of Israel and its inhabitants are merely more pawns in that game.
    I believe that the Zionist Nation of Rothschild has a much bigger disease and problem than Bolshevism.

Jews Against the War
    Friday, July 18, 2014
    By Barbara Parmet, S.B.

Unfortunately, Israel and Palestine are in the news daily with reports (as of Monday morning) of over 10 Palestinians dead and rockets going to and from Gaza. On Saturday, I, with my colleagues from the local chapter of Jewish Voice for Peace, stood outside the Farmers Market to let people know that we care about the Palestinian people who are dying and the Israelis who are also living in fear. The most painful words people told me over and over was that they were shocked that Jews would care about what happens to the Palestinian people.

We, as American Jews, oppose Israel’s war on the Palestinian people. We must hold Israel accountable. This is a one-sided war of destruction, driven by the Israeli government’s hunger for land and fueled by the corporate desire for profit.

The 1.8 million Palestinians have been stateless for decades and are being held captive as prisoners inside of Gaza. They are being bombarded by Israel with some of the most advanced weapons in the world; they have no shelters to run to and no way to leave.

We of Jewish Voice for Peace say no to collective punishment. Over 77 percent of those killed in Gaza have been civilians; 30 percent have been children, reports the UN. Over 1,000 have been wounded, and hospitals, handicap care facilities, geriatric facilities, and family homes have been targeted. Gaza has been under siege for seven years. The Palestinians have lived under occupation for three generations.

We want Americans to know that $8.5 million a day of American tax dollars go to the Israeli war machine. Calls for boycott, divestment, and sanctions against Israel and companies that profit from the Israeli occupation of Palestine have intensified and are now more important than ever.

Jewish Voice for Peace is a national, grassroots organization dedicated to achieving a just and lasting peace that recognizes the aspirations of both Israelis and Palestinians for security and self-determination.
    http://www.independent.com/news/2014...s-against-war/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"You discredit yourself!" (veteran RPFers will remember that line)

What would Ben Stein do without the ability to claim anti-semitism anytime someone says something he disagrees with?
    Last edited by devil21; 07-23-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Anytime someone makes remark against Israel they are immediately branded a anti-Semite.

If you say anything negative about Obama you are immediately branded a racist.

It's distractions and diversion and mainly, to shut you up.

Charlton Heston's had it right:

“Political correctness is tyranny with manners.”
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Anytime someone makes remark against Israel they are immediately branded a anti-Semite.

If you say anything negative about Obama you are immediately branded a racist.

It's distractions and diversion and mainly, to shut you up.

Charlton Heston's had it right:

“Political correctness is tyranny with manners.”
    I think it's just hilarious that the Israel majority of Zionist Ashkenazim Jews was NEVER semitic.

Heston could have easily left off the "with manners" unless he was just being PC.

I think it's just hilarious that the Israel majority of Zionist Ashkenazim Jews was NEVER semitic.

Heston could have easily left off the "with manners" unless he was just being PC.

If you defend the Palestinians you are really pro-Semitic.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you defend the Palestinians you are really pro-Semitic.
    How about anti-UN? They created this mess.

How about anti-UN? They created this mess.
    The Brits started the whole ball rolling. The Balfour Declaration-1917.

double post
    Last edited by lilymc; 07-23-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    LOL, in the media of all places?!? Gimme an F'N break.
    Keep in mind that the "Jews" who control much of the media and Hollywood are not actually Jewish. They are secular Jews... (or, they do have spiritual views, but not biblical Judaism. More like new-agey or occultic spiritual views)

So, it is possible to be "Jewish" yet be opposed to true Judaism.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

The US Followed in 1922.

Germany sent thousands in 30s,,, with boatloads of supplies.
    That was when they went really militant. though there had been violence before that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transfer_Agreement

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The tie between that and the UN is Rothschilds.

He called Ron Paul's remark anti-Semitic:

He should just stick to acting.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.