Thread: Remove suppressors as an NFA regulated item.(Whitehouse Petition)

Remove suppressors as an NFA regulated item.(Whitehouse Petition)

It needs 100,000 signatures. I understand its just a petition but I would be interested in what they have to say about it.

Remove suppressors as an NFA regulated item.
    we petition the obama administration to:

Removal of suppressors as an NFA regulated item would eliminate the $200 tax stamp, eliminate legality and travel issues between states, reduce hearing safety concerns related to discharging firearms, and would help people be courteous neighbors when discharging firearms.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm all for it.

No-brainer AFAIC.

In some European countries it is required that you supress high power rifles.

While we're at it, removed the McClure/Volkmer, (Reagan approved) ban on the production, sale and possession of newly manufactured full auto firearms.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    This could be fun.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    but I would be interested in what they have to say about it.
    You won't get any answers. You'll just get a "No, because $#@! you" in 500 words or less.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm all for it.

No-brainer AFAIC.

In some European countries it is required that you supress high power rifles.

While we're at it, removed the McClure/Volkmer, (Reagan approved) ban on the production, sale and possession of newly manufactured full auto firearms.
    Thank you for volunteering. Pease start that petition and I will help spread the word. I doubt I'll have any problem finding signers.

-t

Requires e-mail verification or it doesn't count...

waiting...

waiting...

waiting...

still waiting...

yawn!

is this F'n intentional...

PISSED!

-t

Why would you want to intentionally put yourself on a government gun list?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So by signing this, you admit that the White House has the authority to change legislation on gun laws?

Laws are about what you have to do or you can't do. They never give you more freedom. Nullification from anywhere is good.

Besides sir golfs a lot nullifies parts of everything crossing his desk via signing statements.

http://insidejbs.wordpress.com/2014/...s-catching-on/

As is customary among federal officials, Holder relied on only a portion of this clause, the part stating that laws of the United States “shall be the supreme law of the land” binding all the states. But a more complete look at this clause shows that federal laws are legitimate only if “made in pursuance thereof” of the Constitution. In other words, if a federal law is not in keeping with, or exceeds, the powers granted in the Constitution, it can rightly be declared illegitimate and not obeyed.

Besides, actually having Obama do that isn't the point, the point is to draw pubic attention to the issue and push back against the gun grabbers.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Why would you want to intentionally put yourself on a government gun list?
    The fact that such exists indicates a huge problem.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    It needs 100,000 signatures. I understand its just a petition but I would be interested in what they have to say about it.

For the children['s ears]!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    So by signing this, you admit that the White House has the authority to change legislation on gun laws?
    The President absolutely has the authority, indeed the duty, to refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws such as, for pertinent example, the NFA.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

In Milwaukee County, in order to get a suppressor, you need to get a form signed by the sheriff. Unfortunately, he never signs the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    The President absolutely has the authority, indeed the duty, to refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws such as, for pertinent example, the NFA.
    Ok lol

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    In Milwaukee County, in order to get a suppressor, you need to get a form signed by the sheriff. Unfortunately, he never signs the form.
    That's every county, I believe.

It's like a year waiting period here, last I heard.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Ok lol
    You disagree with that?

Congress also has the duty not to enact unconstitutional laws. The president is indeed supposed to be a check against unbridled tyranny. It doesn't actually work that way, of course, and arguably has never worked that way, but as far as Constitutionalism is concerned, I'd say Acala got it right.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

If you can get 100k people to sign, just get that same 100k to make/use/buy/sell them. Stop asking for permission.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    You disagree with that?

Congress also has the duty not to enact unconstitutional laws. The president is indeed supposed to be a check against unbridled tyranny. It doesn't actually work that way, of course, and arguably has never worked that way, but as far as Constitutionalism is concerned, I'd say Acala got it right.
    Ya I disagree. Obama will never do what is right