Thread: Border Agent points gun at Boy Scout

Border Agent points gun at Boy Scout

I weep for the youth of this country

After detaining a van of Boy Scouts for taking pictures at a checkpoint, threatening to throw them in prison for ten years on a fabricated felony, a United States Border Patrol Agent whipped out his gun and aimed it at one of the boys, just to let him know he meant business.

But we all can breathe easy because a Boy Scout leader has assured us the boys have since learned their lesson.

According to KCCI (click to see video):

Charles Vonderheid with the Mid-Iowa Council Boy Scouts of America said Troop 11 learned a valuable lesson.

“We want to make sure they follow the rules. A Scout is a good citizen. It would be a great lesson in civics for that young man and that troop,” he said.

A BS statement from a BSA official. The Boy Scouts of America should be demanding an apology and an investigation into the incident.

The incident took place this month as a group of Iowa Boy Scouts were on a three-week road trip, trying to enter Alaska from Canada in a four-van caravan. One Boy Scout pulled out a camera and snapped a photo of a Border Patrol Agent.

The Agent immediately confiscated the camera, ordering all the Scouts out of the van, telling them he needed to search them and their luggage.

One of the Scouts tried to pull a piece of luggage down from the roof of the van to enable the Agent to search it, apparently trying to do his good deed for the day.

But that caused the Agent to fear for his life.

Within a second, the Boy Scout was staring down the barrel of a gun, a crisis that is not covered in the Boy Scout Handbook.

The Agents detained the Scouts for four hours, ensuring they were free from any contraband or weapons, before they were allowed to proceed with their trip into Alaska.

Fox said one of the Scouts took a picture of a border official, which spurred agents to detain everyone in that van and search them and their belongings.

“The agent immediately confiscated his camera, informed him he would be arrested, fined possibly $10,000 and 10 years in prison,” Fox said.

Fox said he was told it is a federal offense to take a picture of a federal agent.

Not wanting things to escalate, Fox said he did not complain.

Another of the Scouts was taking luggage from the top of a van to be searched when something startling happened.

“He hears a snap of a holster, turns around, and here’s this agent, both hands on a loaded pistol, pointing at the young man’s head,” Fox explained.

Fox said that had them all in fear.
    http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...g-photography/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't some arguing that we need MORE border patrol agents?

eff the Boy Scouts, GD Fascist/Hitler Youth program run by the true American Nazis was my experience of it. Oh, and I hope Scout Leader P. Bregitzer has since passed on from some horrible wasting cancerous wasting flesh eating slow disease you lying thieving Nazi piece of $#@!.

That's...
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

A BS statement from a BSA official. The Boy Scouts of America should be demanding an apology and an investigation into the incident.
    A BS statement indeed. SMDH
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Aren't some arguing that we need MORE border patrol agents?
    Yes,, because so many Canadians are coming for our jobs.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    eff the Boy Scouts, GD Fascist/Hitler Youth program run by the true American Nazis was my experience of it. Oh, and I hope Scout Leader P. Bregitzer has since passed on from some horrible wasting cancerous wasting flesh eating slow disease you lying thieving Nazi piece of $#@!.
    Mileage varies. We did a lot of camping and exploring the native American ways.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    "Our"?

And furthermore, would that justify this regardless?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can anyone think of a better reason to have a military than to defend the nation's borders?

We need to bring them all home and let the rest of the world sort out its own mess.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    "Our"?

And furthermore, would that justify this regardless?
    Not mine.
    But it is the common excuse/complaint.

I was just making the point that it was NOT the Mexican border.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-22-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Can anyone think of a better reason to have a military than to defend the nation's borders?

We need to bring them all home and let the rest of the world sort out its own mess.
    There would be much more of this, I'm sure. Well, under the scenario that they line our borders, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Mileage varies. We did a lot of camping and exploring the native American ways.
    Same here. I also got drunk for the first time on a BSA camping trip.

There is no country on earth where citizens are more likely to experience the “midnight knock” than the United States of America.

There is no country on earth where citizens are more likely to experience the “midnight knock” than the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Freedom comes dressed in a flack jacket driving an MRAP....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Freedom comes dressed in a flack jacket driving an MRAP....
    Freedom to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Freedom to die?
    Freedom to shoot your dog. Every 98 minutes

Not mine.
    But it is the common excuse/complaint.

I was just making the point that it was NOT the Mexican border.
    So when people say they want to close our borders, they don't mean the whole thing. We should lock the front door but anybody is welcomed to use the back door.

That's a new one...Men in badges now fear for the safety...from BOY SCOUTS...

Girl scouts are next....Then the easter bunny...Santa Claus sneaks by one of those $#@!ers after he quietly came down through the chimney. These guys will blow is $#@!ing head off.

Santa's dead. He didn't comply that fat $#@!. I told him to stop, and he kept coming toward me. I feared for my safety and shot him 6 times. Santa did this to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post

Girl scouts are next....Then the easter bunny...Santa Claus sneaks by one of those $#@!ers after he quietly came down through the chimney. These guys will blow is $#@!ing head off.

Santa's dead. He didn't comply that fat $#@!. I told him to stop, and he kept coming toward me. I feared for my safety and shot him 6 times. Santa did this to himself.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mani again.

Bump.

Huh? I thought paulites wanted more security on the border. This sort of $#@! is going to happen when you want to crack down on the illegals. Guess paulites want to talk the talk but dont want to walk the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Huh? I thought paulites wanted more security on the border. This sort of $#@! is going to happen when you want to crack down on the illegals. Guess paulites want to talk the talk but dont want to walk the walk.
    I'm sure the local boy scout troop taking pictures of their first border crossing is reasonable suspicion to believe they were smuggling illegals into Alaska Does being a BP mean leaving common sense at home?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    How you are tolerated is a testament to something.

As to the emboldened: Broken clock and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm sure the local boy scout troop taking pictures of their first border crossing is reasonable suspicion to believe they were smuggling illegals into Alaska Does being a BP mean leaving common sense at home?

They have no common sense. They hire people who want to use their power over others. They get jacked up, adrenaline pumping, roided up, loser $#@! heads, who get off on pulling out their guns on anyone, even boy scouts. These BP's get off on that $#@!. They won't change. Showing petty power over mundanes is why they signed up for that job, so it's not a surprise. And at the end of the day, they get a pat on the back for, "keeping us safe." So the behavior just gets more bold. When they compile the statistics for stopping terrorist or potential threats, they will tick this boyscout caravan as one incident of stopping a potential threat and keeping america safe.

In Alaska, no less.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post

Reminds me of the end of this song.

I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG