Thread: Enter to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!

Enter to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!

Enter a draw to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!!!

There will be a draw (to be webcasted) awarding 20 people a 30 minute ride on the Ron Paul Blimp! Some of you may have elected to enter the drawing when making an advertising purchase. Everyone else can also enter the drawing at the link below!!

Get in on a chance to ride history! Tell all your friends!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/drawing.php

www.ronpaulblimp.com
    Last edited by slantedview; 12-01-2007 at 10:28 PM.
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by slantedview View Post
    Enter a drawing to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!!!

There will be a drawing (to be webcasted) awarding 20 people a 30 minute ride on the Ron Paul Blimp! Some of you may have elected to enter the drawing when making an advertising purchase. Everyone else can also enter the drawing at the link below!!

Get in on a chance to ride history! Tell all your friends!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/drawing.php

www.ronpaulblimp.com
    Please regard the following as friendly advice. The proper noun form of the word "drawing" is draw, i.e. there will be a draw. Drawing in this context is a verb, and is therefore what you will do during the draw. Drawing as a noun generally refers to art, e.g. a pen and ink drawing.

You might also wish to revised the link on the RonPaulBlimp.com website to specify "Ride Draw" or something similar. When I first saw the link it wasn't clear what it was.

I bought a minute for the blimp, but I'm not entering myself in the drawing because I live too far away. Good luck to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by moberley View Post
    Please regard the following as friendly advice. The proper noun form of the word "drawing" is draw, i.e. there will be a draw. Drawing in this context is a verb, and is therefore what you will do during the draw. Drawing as a noun generally refers to art, e.g. a pen and ink drawing.

You might also wish to revised the link on the RonPaulBlimp.com website to specify "Ride Draw" or something similar. When I first saw the link it wasn't clear what it was.
    interesting. noted.

i see that a lot of people are entering the draw pretty quick (hey warren!)
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

I don't think that's correct:
    drawing (noun):
    the selection, or time of selection, of the winning chance or chances sold by lottery or raffle.

Draw is the verb form of drawing, e.g., we will hold a drawing (lottery) and draw for prizes.
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]

Quote Originally Posted by robert4rp08 View Post
    I don't think that's correct:
    drawing (noun):
    the selection, or time of selection, of the winning chance or chances sold by lottery or raffle.

Draw is the verb form of drawing, e.g., we will hold a drawing (lottery) and draw for prizes.
    I suppose it is a regionalism then. But that is the usage that I use and the one I normally see. Depending on the context both forms can be a noun or a verb in my experience. Obviously, usage varies.
    Last edited by moberley; 12-01-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Added more

I suppose it is a regionalism then. But that is the usage that I use and the one I normally see. Depending on the context both forms can be a noun or a verb in my experience. Obviously, usage varies.
    And, it was just a suggestion. Nothing more or less.

hahaha. ok, now that we have that out of the way....

tell everyone about the draw/drawing/thing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    just thinking when i saw google ron paul ... get google to pay for advertising their name and use their logo ... let's see one month @ say $350k ... if it works make sure they pay in gold lol

kill the banks
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Quote Originally Posted by kill the banks View Post
    just thinking when i saw google ron paul ... get google to pay for advertising their name and use their logo ... let's see one month @ say $350k ... if it works make sure they pay in gold lol

kill the banks
    i was wondering about that too. google's bound to get some increase in traffic from the blimp

who doesn't use google?

are people still asking Jeeves?