Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White flags flying from Brooklyn Bridge, cops probe breach

White flags flying from Brooklyn Bridge, cops probe breach

White flags flying from Brooklyn Bridge, cops probe breach

By Natasha Velez and Larry Celona

[IMG]http://********************************/2014/07/photo_-11.jpg?w=680&h=450&crop=1[/IMG]
    Photo: Anderson / Splash News

In a stunning security breach, the giant American flags at the top of both sides of the Brooklyn Bridge were replaced by white flags overnight, cops said.

The two new flags appear to be American flags that were painted over white — the traditional symbol for “surrender” — and were flying Tuesday morning from both towers.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are the white flags the same size as the usual American ones? If so, maybe all they did was fly one of these drones up there and paint those very same American flags white?

Dimes to dollars, it was "performance art." If that's the case, I think I like it. Most Americans have willingly surrendered their liberty, and regardless of what the meaning is, or who did it, or how it was done, there is one certainty in this: neither NYPD stop and frisk operations, TSA patdowns, or "enhanced security" stopped someone (or a group of someones) from climbing a series of ladders and putting something atop the Brooklyn Bridge.

Could have been something more...explosive...than "performance art." And all the security theater in the world can do nothing to prevent that.
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

A Mysterious White Flag Is Flying From the Brooklyn Bridge

Did New York City surrender? And if so, to whom? That’s what everyone is asking this morning after pictures on social media revealed that two unexplained white flag was flying from the top of each of the Brooklyn Bridge’s two towers where American flags usually sits. At exactly 11:00 a.m., the flag on the Manhattan side of the bridge was taken down, but investigators are still unsure how it got there.

Some people on Twitter joked that it may have to do with Mayor Bill de Blasio’s eight-day family vacation in Italy, while others thought maybe Starbucks had finally taken control of the city.

Gothamist reports that those close enough can see that the flag is actually an American flag that has either been painted white or bleached. An ABC News live stream of the white flag blowing in the wind at the top of the Brooklyn Bridge shows men on nearby investigating:

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    Dimes to dollars, it was "performance art." If that's the case, I think I like it. Most Americans have willingly surrendered their liberty, and regardless of what the meaning is, or who did it, or how it was done, there is one certainty in this: neither NYPD stop and frisk operations, TSA patdowns, or "enhanced security" stopped someone (or a group of someones) from climbing a series of ladders and putting something atop the Brooklyn Bridge.

Could have been something more...explosive...than "performance art." And all the security theater in the world can do nothing to prevent that.
    Yeah, that's really the oddest story I've heard yet. That bridge has non stop 24/7 traffic and it's unbelievable no one saw anything. I would love to know the perp's meaning.

one of our founders got tired of rolling over in his grave, and he finally got out, and got up there and raised it....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    one of our founders got tired of rolling over in his grave, and he finally got out, and got up there and raised it....
    Thus endeth, this thread...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    deleted
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

I also think this could be a way to get TSA on the Bridges now. Because it was a security breach...blah, blah, blah...

Final lap, perhaps?
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

cops probe breach
    That is always disconcerting.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Suggest to grab attention and a message into the coconuts of the created United States of Idiocracy should of been this flag:

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

The white flag doesn't mean surrender. It calls for a hiatus in hostilities. It may lead to surrender, but not necessarily. It might lead to negotiations and peace.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

SMDH.

Deputy Intelligence Director Miller: "A good deal of pre-operational planning, perhaps ah, indications they have experience climbing, in construction, in bridge work."

AP: As operations commerce to remove the flags 'Unfolded' there were little sense of danger.

Ugh these morons... Are you $#@!tin me? This is how the state and media report this?

No mention of the white flags symbolizing "TRUCE" aka "Stop Violence", most likely reflecting either NYPD brutality or foreign policy disasters "Ukraine, Israel/Gaza, et al...?

Nope, corporate media is reporting this all as, what is going on in New York City with all these secure sites being compromised/security breeches?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

SMDH.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-22-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They've been given the chance. Might not be too long before the black flag is raised if they do not begin to heed the warnings.

white flags are flags of the Taliban...omg they have invaded and claimed brooklyn!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    white flags are flags of the Taliban...omg they have invaded and claimed brooklyn!
    Let them have it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Curious if they could swing into TN and claim Memphis? Do they have a 800 number that I could call to make a request?

LMAO
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

It would have been more appropriate if they had just turned the American flag upside down as a sign of distress.
    I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried that to be hypochriticalley immortalized.
    Davy Crockett

Look up, get up, and don't ever give up.
    Michael Irvin

Quote Originally Posted by TN_VOL View Post
    It would have been more appropriate if they had just turned the American flag upside down as a sign of distress.
    good point...if it had been a true Patriot, thats what would have happened...makes me go hmmmm..

I thought those were hipsters

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or basically put up the Gadsden flag.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_VOL View Post
    Wouldn't have been very noticeable.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

If someone figured out how to get all the dye to fade uniformly after a specified time, then there needn't have been a security breach at all. The flag could have been injected into their flag-replacement process anywhere by anyone.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

After 911 we conformed to the requests of our perpetrators. We continue to surrender our freedoms. They wanted the US to change, and we obliged.

NYPD’s Miller: No Likely Terror Connection In Brooklyn Bridge White Flag Placement

Update:

NYPD’s Miller: No Likely Terror Connection In Brooklyn Bridge White Flag Placement

American flags were once again flying on top of the Brooklyn Bridge Tuesday afternoon, after someone replaced the flags sometime overnight with what appeared to be whitewashed or faded versions of Old Glory.

NYPD Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller said police do not believe the incident was connected to any terror threat.

Miller said as of around 8:30 p.m. Monday, the American flags were still flying on the Brooklyn and Manhattan towers of the bridge. But around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, construction workers noticed the white flags had taken their place.

Surveillance video revealed that around 3:10 a.m., several people were seen crossing the bridge – four or five of them in a group. Several minutes later, the light that normally illuminates the American flag on the Brooklyn side of the bridge flickered and went out, Miller said.

About 12 minutes after that, the light on the Manhattan side of the bridge also went out, he said.

By 7:30 a.m. Monday, calls about the rogue flags were coming in to police. The bizarre sight turned plenty of heads.

“I saw it on the walk over, but I didn’t know what it was,” a woman said.

“It seems pretty, I don’t know, daring,” a man said.

When members of the Emergency Service Unit went to the top of the bridge later in the morning to document the scene, they found two 20-foot by 11-foot flags on each tower, which appeared to be American flags with stars and stripes that had been bleached white.

Police also found large aluminum pans that had been affixed with zip-ties to cover up the lights that normally illuminate the flags.

Continued...

I think this picture symbolizes it best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast