Thread: Video: Rand Paul on Obama's handling of Putin, Malaysia crash (On the Record with Greta)

Video: Rand Paul on Obama's handling of Putin, Malaysia crash (On the Record with Greta)

Rand Paul on Obama's handling of Putin, Malaysia crash

Jul. 21, 2014 - 5:27 - Kentucky senator and perhaps future 2016 candidate on whether the president has shown weakness in his aproach to the downing of a Malaysia airlines flight over the Ukraine. #MH17
    video here... http://video.foxnews.com/v/368962377...#sp=show-clips
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've only seen Greta when she has been linked or tubed on this forum. That said - I like her.
    She does a good job asking questions without the arrogant interruptions that are common among types like Mr. Hannity

I think Rand did good in this interview.

It will annoy the anti-Israel crowd, but the non-interventionist crowd shouldn't be bothered much.

Greta seems to like Mr. Paul.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Hes so smooth
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Absolutely despicable of Rand. Where is Rand's evidence that Russia was in any way involved in the crash before he's running his mouth parroting media / gov't propaganda? Really worries me.

Has Rand talked with his Dad lately?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Absolutely despicable of Rand. Where is Rand's evidence that Russia was in any way involved in the crash before he's running his mouth parroting media / gov't propaganda? Really worries me.
    Very disappointing to say the least. He's lost so many already. Right in line with all the media.
    Oust the Montebanks!

Right, because the Russian media is devoid of ANY statist propaganda.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

I wasn't gonna bring this up out of respect for the sub-forum, but since its out there now, not only did he blame the separatist, but he said they did it intentionally. Like, WTF man? The intel isn't even out there to show who did it, but Rand knows the intent of the matter too? At least he said this is a matter for Europe to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    I wasn't gonna bring this up out of respect for the sub-forum, but since its out there now, not only did he blame the separatist, but he said they did it intentionally. Like, WTF man? The intel isn't even out there to show who did it, but Rand knows the intent of the matter too? At least he said this is a matter for Europe to resolve.
    Saying they did it intentionally doesn't mean anything except that it wasn't an accident. It doesn't mean he thinks they knew it was a passenger plane - which U.S. intel actually disproved this morning (and by the way, it wouldn't make sense from the Russian separatist perspective to purposefully shoot down a passenger plane anyway). They intentionally shot down the plane, thinking it was a transport or whatever Ukrainian military plane they thought it was
    Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-23-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    Saying they did it intentionally doesn't mean anything except that it wasn't an accident. It doesn't mean he thinks they knew it was a passenger plane - which U.S. intel actual disproved this morning (and it wouldn't make sense from the Russian separatist perspective to purposefully shoot down a passenger plane anyway). They intentionally shot down the plane, thinking it was a transport or whatever Ukrainian military plane they thought it was
    Fast forward to 1 min 45.

Ironically, I think the unintentional downing of a passenger airline he was referring to in which there was an 'immediate apology' was the Iranian airline US military shot down, which Bush refused to apologize for because "I will never apologize for the United States — I don't care what the facts are... I'm not an apologize-for-America kind of guy.". I could be wrong about what passenger airline he was referring to obviously.

When Rand says it "wasn't a mistake", he might just be meaning that they intended to shoot down the aircraft at the time, before it was properly identified. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, because I don't see how anyone could *not* see it as a mistake unless it was a false flag. Neither side in the conflict would have any reason whatsoever to intentionally shoot down a random commercial airliner from Amsterdam heading to Malaysia, so it had to have either been a mistake or a false flag.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Fair enough, I can see what you two are saying.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Frankly, I was kinda' wondering the same thing..maybe he's trying to back peddle from "Putin tweaking..."
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-24-2014 at 07:59 PM.