Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRUDGE: Ron Paul is Putin's New Best Friend

DRUDGE: Ron Paul is Putin's New Best Friend

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...riend-20140721

It used to be that blaming America for crisis abroad was largely the province of liberals. That folk wisdom appears to be changing—just ask Ron Paul. In the days after the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, the former House member has been quick to attack the West and President Obama for pointing any fingers in the direction of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"Just days after the tragic crash of a Malaysian Airlines flight over eastern Ukraine, Western politicians and media joined together to gain the maximum propaganda value from the disaster. It had to be Russia; it had to be Putin, they said," Ron Paul wrote in an editorial Sunday. "President Obama held a press conference to claim—even before an investigation—that it was pro-Russian rebels in the region who were responsible. His ambassador to the U.N., Samantha Power, did the same at the U.N. Security Council—just one day after the crash!"

Paul's argument, which he first made in a Friday television appearance, was quickly picked up by the Kremlin-funded English language outlet Russia Today. And on Monday, the Permanent Mission of Russia to NATO, a group tasked with facilitating cooperation between Russia and NATO, tweeted out his column.

Share This Story Share This Story Share This Story Ron Paul: Western politicians and media joined together to gain the maximum propaganda value from the disaster http://t.co/DjGLkpkbFE

— Russians at NATO HQ (@natomission_ru) July 21, 2014
    It's easy to see why they liked the piece. Politically, it's a much sounder line of argument for protecting Russia from blame than what's being reported on Russian TV (much of which is funded by the Kremlin), where conspiracies theories abound. One report promotes the idea that the airliner was already full of corpses when it took off from Amsterdam. Another claims the tragedy was somehow mysteriously the result of the Ukrainian military confusing MH17 for Putin's presidential plane.

"Watching some of these Russian newscasts, one comes away with the impression of a desperate defense attorney scrounging for experts and angles, or a bad kid caught red-handed by the principal, trying to twist his way out of a situation in which he has no chance," Russia expert Julia Ioffe wrote in The New Republic.

Not that any of the outlandish coverage is particularly useful to Putin. As David Remnick recently wrote, Putin has become something of a victim of his own propaganda machine. The wild exaggeration on nightly broadcasts has "become a problem for Putin, because this system cannot be wholly managed," Gleb Pavlovsky, a former Putin adviser, told Remnick of the Russian media. "The news programs have 'overheated' public opinion and the collective political imagination."
    More at link
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even though I know how stupid and irrational human beings can be, I'm still stunned when I see someone rail against Obama and his media minions on one subject, and then turn around and take the word of the very same Obama and media minions as gospel when it comes to blaming Russia for the MH17 incident.

What's even more mind-boggling is that this kind of thing is even coming from some people who saw through the bull$#@! Obama-Kerry dreamed up to get us to go to war in Syria.

If RP was president, America and Russia would be allies

It's "via" Drudge. He didn't use that headline.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    It's "via" Drudge. He didn't use that headline.
    Actually that's exactly how it was when I first linked it : Ron Paul is Putin's New Best Friend...

It has since been changed on Drudge to "Ron Paul Stands Up for Putin"
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I know its important for Ron to say stuff like this and I'm sure a lot of what he's saying is true, and I'm sure I'm going to get bashed for saying this, but...

Doesn't he know this is going to hurt Rand, at least a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    I know its important for Ron to say stuff like this and I'm sure a lot of what he's saying is true, and I'm sure I'm going to get bashed for saying this, but...

Is it?
    No - No - No - No

It shouldn't, with a fair media. Ron and Rand Paul are two different individuals. Rand Paul is no more responsible for what his father says than Ted Cruz is for his dad fighting for Fidel Castro.

Problem is, the media isn't fair. I fully expect Dondero to be trotted out sometime in 2016 to say he saw Rand Paul reading/writing those accursed newsletters.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Actually that's exactly how it was when I first linked it : Ron Paul is Putin's New Best Friend...

It has since been changed on Drudge to "Ron Paul Stands Up for Putin"

Hmm. I get every Drudge headline in my rss reader, even the old ones. Or at least I thought I did. Often times he (they) change them right away and I get both. But maybe some slip through. Cheers.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

As if this was the first time Ron Paul ever said anything controversial...

Unbelievable.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Well, Mark Levin read this story on Drudge. He went off a bit on Ron Paul, calling him a member of a small cabal of neo-Confederates. He turned it into a "they love Putin and hate Lincoln" thing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    As if this was the first time Ron Paul ever said anything controversial...

Unbelievable.
    His son is the de facto leader for the Republican nomination right now, and you know this is just going to be fodder for the low-information crowd. So yeah, believable.

His son is the de facto leader for the Republican nomination right now, and you know this is just going to be fodder for the low-information crowd. So yeah, believable.
    Ron should kill himself and wipe out any and all things on earth that have anything to do with him, lest Rand be damaged in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, Mark Levin read this story on Drudge. He went off a bit on Ron Paul, calling him a member of a small cabal of neo-Confederates. He turned it into a "they love Putin and hate Lincoln" thing.
    I don't like KGB agents like Putin either. I have no idea if Putin was involved or not, and Ron Paul said so as well in his Texas Straight Talk.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, if Michael Davis is reading this. THIS is why we dislike Mark Levin. And I do despise Abe Lincoln, but I don't like KGB agents like Putin either. I have no idea if Putin was involved or not, and Ron Paul said so as well in his Texas Straight Talk.
    Cui bono?

The “cui bono” principle is always a good place to start in the search for culprits in any wrongdoing. Using this approach, the only self-interest motivation I see in all of this – at least thus far – is in the Ukrainian government’s trying to enlist the support of the rest of the world in its ongoing civil war in that country. If the Western powers can be convinced that a group of anti-establishment rebels performed this evil deed, all kinds of economic, political, and military support would probably be made available to the Ukrainian central government. This principle is not evidence that the Ukrainian state was responsible for bringing down this plane, but it is a good place to begin doing what the Western politicians and media will not want to see undertaken: asking the kinds of questions that will not be asked by establishment-minded people.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...iner-atrocity/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't really care, and I hope Ron doesn't either. Ron has no responsibility to Rand.

And, I don't say that as a "Rand hater". I want Rand to win. But I care more about education and getting the truth out, honestly. And, I'm not exactly thrilled with Rand anyways.

Now, I really don't know if what Ron is saying is true here, I haven't looked into it at all, but with that being said I trust Ron given his track record.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, if Michael Davis is reading this. THIS is why we dislike Mark Levin. And I do despise Abe Lincoln, but I don't like KGB agents like Putin either. I have no idea if Putin was involved or not, and Ron Paul said so as well in his Texas Straight Talk.
    Agreed.

There is a very large portion of the electorate that agrees with Ron on this.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Ron should kill himself and wipe out any and all things on earth that have anything to do with him, lest Rand be damaged in any way.

I remember when "Red Dawn" came out... and even then... I was suspicious of why we were supposed to Hate them.
    during the Vietnam war, I thought I understood.
    today?
    I don't think Putin is attacking us. I am thinking it is the other way around.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Of course it is entirely possible that the Obama administration and the US media has it right this time, and Russia or the separatists in eastern Ukraine either purposely or inadvertently shot down this aircraft. The real point is, it's very difficult to get accurate information so everybody engages in propaganda. At this point it would be unwise to say the Russians did it, the Ukrainian government did it, or the rebels did it. Is it so hard to simply demand a real investigation?
    You know we are in dire straits when a rational and common sense approach is considered controversial.

BTW. This same ethical approach should not only be applied to western media coverage, but Russian media as well. RT America is great at calling out the Western media, but how about their domestic news coverage. I know for a fact they are hypocrites. I'm honestly sick of the red team blue team $#@! in American politics and the same goes for the counterpropaganda in the media that is void of truth.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 07-21-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

They already have a million other things that Ron Paul said or did to use as fodder. Is one more thing he says really going to make a difference?

Ron Paul isn't exactly new on the scene. Everyone knows he's Rand's father.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 07-21-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Cui bono?
    I think it may have been a case of mistaken identity, but I have not looked into it much. It's a war zone over there.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for Ron Paul for calling the propaganda out. If the war party is unhappy, that means we're doing good work/

Fight Headlines with Headlines:

National Review is Obama's New Best Friend
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

damn thats funny....thanks.

I mean, any marketing major will tell you that Rand Paul and Ron Paul are easily confusable brands...the media doesn't even have to misreport anything, and headlines like these will have an effect on Rand and reinforce the "isolationist" line of attack. It's just a plain fact.

I have a feeling that Rand winning would do more for the liberty movement than protecting Putin from propaganda, so I'm not sure what the net positive is of articles like this.
    Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-22-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Stop trying to drive wedges.

"We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% the same on issues." "People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me." --Ron Paul

Ron does, and should continue, to speak truth to power, period.

Rand can deal with it.... better yet, he can learn a thing or two from his father.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast