Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRUDGE: Ron Paul is Putin's New Best Friend

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Stop trying to drive wedges.

"We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% the same on issues." "People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me." --Ron Paul
    Lol maybe you should read what I've been saying again. It isn't me who is driving a wedge. Let's consider the general voting population for a minute. I'm willing to bet 1/3 don't know there is a difference between Rand and Ron Paul, 1/3 think Rand and Ron have the same opinion on this (especially with the media fight Rand has been trying to wage against those labeling him an "isolationist") and 1/3 are intelligent and involved w/r/t politics enough to give Rand the benefit of the doubt. The people who agree with Ron are already voting for Rand.

So I say again, what exactly is it about defending Putin from western propaganda that will help the liberty movement more than Rand winning the presidency? I don't see the benefit of articles like this. Obviously Ron can say what he wants, but he should at least go back into politics mode and frame what he says in a way that won't be immediately dismissed by 2/3+ of the average Drudge Report readers who see it. Ron said himself he needed to work on his delivery in 2012.

And to people who have been saying Ron has other controversial statements - how many were on the front page of Yahoo and Drudge Report yesterday?
    Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-22-2014 at 10:06 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    The people who agree with Ron are already voting for Rand.
    I think it would be a mistake to make that assumption. I can only speak for myself with certainty, and so far I'm still on board with Rand....but I also know quite a few of Ron's supporters who are not. I wouldn't take that group of voters for granted...that's all I'm saying.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I think it would be a mistake to make that assumption. I can only speak for myself with certainty, and so far I'm still on board with Rand....but I also know quite a few of Ron's supporters who are not. I wouldn't take that group of voters for granted...that's all I'm saying.
    Let me rephrase: the people who agree with Ron on issues like this, if supporting a candidate on the ballot in a GOP primary, will already support Rand.

The larger issue is the same people will make up a large part of the small portion of the general public who will be able to give each the benefit of the doubt and discern between positions

What helps the cause of liberty is fighting the war propaganda and fighting the American empire's phony baloney 'Russia is evil' narrative. It is a good thing that Ron Paul isn't wishywashy and corruptible as some of his supporters

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    What helps the cause of liberty is fighting the war propaganda and fighting the American empire's phony baloney 'Russia is evil' narrative. It is a good thing that Ron Paul isn't wishywashy and corruptible as some of his supporters
    Keep it up with the meaningless ad hominems, you'll go far

he's already ahead of you...now what?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    he's already ahead of you...now what?
    Usually personal attacks and reliance on logical fallacies aren't means of succeeding in life, but if you want to believe that, go ahead

I have yet to hear anyone refute the simple and accurate statement that this article hurts Rand - shoot the messenger all you want, its true
    Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.

So I say again, what exactly is it about defending Putin from western propaganda that will help the liberty movement more than Rand winning the presidency?
    Well that's a tall order.

But Ron Paul's efforts at education and at exposing the Empire of Lies for what it is has brought things to the point where a presidential candidate can actually speak as clearly as Rand Paul does (not saying he's blatant and unvarnished, just saying he tells the truth about 100% more often than Dubya, McCain or Obama) and get away with it?

Ron Paul has been chipping away at them for decades, and probably will until God taps his elderly shoulder. I'm at a loss to see why I should have a problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Usually personal attacks and reliance on logical fallacies aren't means of succeeding in life, but if you want to believe that, go ahead

I have yet to hear anyone refute the simple and accurate statement that this article hurts Rand - shoot the messenger all you want, its true
    If you expect Ron Paul to ever regurgitate neocon propaganda, you're dreaming. If that's what the liberty movement becomes, it will have lost its worthiness and become no different than the typical hypocrite Republicans.

Matt, is that you?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McAdams fisks the tripe:

Attacking Ron Paul, National Journal Hits New Lows
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...hits-new-lows/

What a bizarre article about Dr. Paul from the National Journal! Beginning from the title, the piece read like something from a high school newspaper.

Does a publication playing the role of the grown-up voice on Capitol Hill really publish a piece titled “Ron Paul Is Putin’s New Best Friend“?

And it goes downhill from there.
    [...]
    Sticking to facts, avoiding outlandish conspiracy theories, and cautioning against taking the word of the US government on matters of foreign policy make Dr. Paul “Putin’s best friend,” she avers:

With his cool, dispassionate rhetoric, Paul seems to be just about the best voice for Putin’s interests anywhere—and better, surely, than Kremlin TV.
    Is this how serious journalists write? Ironically, it reads more like a denunciation piece in some 1950s publication of the Bulgarian Communist Central Committee: “Comrade Borissov’s lack of deception made him all the more suspicious!”

Does anyone need more explanation as to why people are abandoning the mainstream media in droves?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

yep mark levin can kiss my ass. $#@! that guy! this is why i hate him and have NOT fallen for his recent rand love, or freedom love. if anyone can call ron wrong for basically pointing out the obvious...as in DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS UNTIL A PROPER INVESTIGATION HAS BEEN DONE..., then i think that person has shown right then and there that they are either completely stupid as to what it takes to find proof of something, or theyre so pro american $#@!ing eagle, that they dont want to EVER think that our government can ever be wrong. especially since our government has done the same thing a few decades ago.

all ron is saying is dont buy into the hype from the same liars that have led us into so many false flag situations based on more lies before any evidence has even been gathered. it has NOTHING to do with being putins friend or taking up for russia.

the blind leading the $#@!ing blind!!!!!!!
    Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 07-22-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Still sticking this in these threads.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

post it to cnn and fox. theyll love i.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

Still sticking this in these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, Mark Levin read this story on Drudge. He went off a bit on Ron Paul, calling him a member of a small cabal of neo-Confederates. He turned it into a "they love Putin and hate Lincoln" thing.
    Levin took another opportunity today to attack Ron. Kept calling him a kook for "defending" Putin and "attacking" Reagan and Lincoln. Of course Levin has no source or context for any of his accusations.

And Ron is not saying that Putin is a good guy, or even that Putin did not have some hand in it. His main point is due process and a real investigation, in other words, justice.

But maybe the US media, the Obama Administration, the neoconservatives, the neo-liberal interventionists and Mark Levin don't care about due process and "justice".

Here's the real point of Ron's op-ed, straight from the horse's mouth:

Of course it is entirely possible that the Obama administration and the US media has it right this time, and Russia or the separatists in eastern Ukraine either purposely or inadvertently shot down this aircraft. The real point is, it's very difficult to get accurate information so everybody engages in propaganda. At this point it would be unwise to say the Russians did it, the Ukrainian government did it, or the rebels did it. Is it so hard to simply demand a real investigation?

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ight-mh17.aspx
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I wonder if the author of the article (Lucia Graves) and Mark Levin would be willing to admit that the U.S./Obama is responsible for the recent deaths of Palestinians in Gaza over the last week; seeing as how there is an “enormous amount of evidence” suggesting that the U.S. provided the IDF with the weapons/funding for the weapons that were used.

They probably would. It's the one thing, I'm sure, that they both think that Obama is doing right.

If they didn't admit it, then wouldn't that show a bit of hypocrisy on their part?

Or they could just blame the Palestinians for the IDF bombing them.

Sort of in the same way that GWB said that Saddam Hussein had “terrorized himself”.
    Last edited by Dary; 07-22-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12