Thread: Man burns down house with makeshift blow torch to kill a spider

Man burns down house with makeshift blow torch to kill a spider

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-sets...o-kill-spider/

Man sets house on fire while trying to kill spider

SEATTLE -- A Seattle house was set on fire Tuesday by a man trying to kill a spider with a makeshift blowtorch, CBS affiliate KIRO-TV reports.

It happened around 8:30 p.m. Firefighters said the man who rented the house was trying to kill a spider in the laundry room with a can of spray paint and a lighter. The flames quickly spread through the room and into the attic.

"I saw the flames coming out of the side of the house and then popping sounds," neighbor Sue Green said.

Fire crews worried there could be ammunition in the house. They told neighbors to go back inside. The threat of explosives in the house was later ruled out.

"There was giant clouds of smoke just pouring out of the windows," said Kaitlin Sharp, who lives nearby.

Neighbors hosed down their houses and yards hoping to keep the flames from spreading.

The man who started the fire lives in the house with his mother. When the fire got out of control, he called 911. The fire caused $40,000 worth of damage to the structure and $20,000 worth of damage to its contents.

The Red Cross is helping the renters.

© 2014 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is something his mother was supposed to teach him not to do. Tsk, tsk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This is something his mother was supposed to teach him not to do. Tsk, tsk.
    His father should have shown him how to do it correctly imo
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    His father should have shown him how to do it correctly imo
    Indeed. Butane or oxy-acetylene is how it's done.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well...... did he at least he kill the spider?

'Net meme becomes real life...

He's my hero.

ETA: I had this creepy, disgusting insect in an apartment quite a while ago--it's called a cave cricket. They hung out in the bathroom...I made a circle of isopropyl alcohol around them once and lit those bitches on fire (tile floor, of course.)

I do not regret it.
    Last edited by amy31416; 07-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    He's my hero.

ETA: I had this creepy, disgusting insect in an apartment quite a while ago--it's called a cave cricket. They hung out in the bathroom...I made a circle of isopropyl alcohol around them once and lit those bitches on fire (tile floor, of course.)

I do not regret it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.