Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These Cops Can’t Go Back to Work After Experiencing Police Misconduct Firsthand

Exclamation These Cops Can’t Go Back to Work After Experiencing Police Misconduct Firsthand

These Cops Can’t Go Back to Work After Experiencing Police Misconduct Firsthand

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...uct-firsthand/

Matt Agorist

July 18, 2014

Four veteran New York State Parole officers, who were driving down route 59 in Rockland County, didn’t know their lives were going to be forever changed on that late April night.

The last thing they thought would happen would be a potentially deadly confrontation with other cops.

But that is exactly what happened.

The officers were wearing their vests and shields and riding in a state-issued vehicle with a parole placard on the dashboard. Suddenly, the car was surrounded at gunpoint by cops from the Ramapo Police department and one from the Village of Suffern.

“All I could think of was if I sneeze, or blink, or clear my throat, that, yeah, I might have a bullet lodged in my head,” said Annette Thomas, one of the officers in the car that night.

The officers believe they were victims of racial profiling. “Racial profiling, there’s no doubt in my mind. I believe that 4 black officers with gold shields in a predominantly white neighborhood was just a tad bit too much for them to swallow,” Shelia Penister told WABC New York, when asked about the reason for the stop.

Apparently Ramapo cops received a 9-1-1 call reporting black people riding through the neighborhood wearing bullet proof vests, so they responded.

According to WABC, Officer Mario Alexandre had left his business card at the parole violator’s home but says police never called his number, and although the vehicle plate was registered to the state, cops still confronted the parole officers.

Alexandre, the driver, says a Ramapo PD cop got physical.

“He came toward me, punched me in the badge, said, bulls—, you can buy it at any store. I said, if you turn it over, you will see the state ID. But he didn’t pay no attention to that,” he said.

The scene quickly escalated into a dangerous situation as the assaulting officers began issuing different commands while pointing guns as the 4 officers.

“We had our hands up but then they were giving us different commands,” said Washington.

Alexandre said that everyone was giving different orders and they were afraid they were going to get shot.

(So tell me, Officers Washington and Alexandre...Just what the $#@! is one of us lowly Mundanes supposed to do? - AF)

The officers have now filed a Federal claim against both police departments for violating their civil rights.

“Once they already had confirmation of the identities’ of my clients, they had 1, no right to stop them, 2, no right to hold them at gunpoint, 3, no right to assault them and use excessive force on them,” said Bonita Zelman, attorney for the officers.

The officers have been so traumatized by this incident that they are unable to return to the job.

“If I do return to work, I still have to encounter working with other law enforcement agencies and I’m not sure how I’m supposed to do that when I’m fearful, distrusting. I basically felt betrayed,” said Thomas.

If ever there were a red flag of a government organization running wild with violence and negligence, this is it. Hopefully this incident will shine some much needed light on the deadly incompetence of so many police departments.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, what do you expect with the growing police state?

If this lady is correct we may all hae to get used to such treatment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l26A...=youtube_gdata

Remember when we were he land of the free?

I think every Cop should know what it feels like to be the Mundane as part of their training.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

so are they trying to get disability out of this? kinda sounds like thats where it is leading.

Heartbreaking stuff.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    so are they trying to get disability out of this? kinda sounds like thats where it is leading.
    Exactly.This happens 100 times a day to mundanes and not so much as an apology. Happens to some piggies, and they never work another day in their lives.
    Awesome. 'Merica!

They're all in the same gang. But ya still gotta respect another's turf.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poetic justice?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Last edited by presence; 07-20-2014 at 02:57 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

ROFLOLCOPTER
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to presence again.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think every Cop should know what it feels like to be the Mundane as part of their training.
    Actually, I think they do. During their translation from civilian to Urban Warrior Martial. I think this helps them to rationalize the division between mundane and Master, and then apply the same tactics that were used on them during hazing. I mean, training.

ETA:

Enter Police Academy: 'they are treating me like scum because I am a civilian.'
    Exit Police Academy: 'they are treating me with respect because I am a policeman.'
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 07-20-2014 at 04:37 PM.

It's tough to follow directions coming from several different directions, sending you in several different directions but I'm pretty sure many know that and use it like a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    It's tough to follow directions coming from several different directions, sending you in several different directions but I'm pretty sure many know that and use it like a weapon.
    All the better to light you up, my pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Actually, I think they do. During their translation from civilian to Urban Warrior Martial. I think this helps them to rationalize the division between mundane and Master, and then apply the same tactics that were used on them during hazing. I mean, training.

ETA:

Exit Police Academy: 'they are treating me with respect because I am a policeman.'
    Military basic training mentality.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

ETA:

Agree, and expanding. Depends on who "they" are.

Enter Police Academy
    - Other Cops (they) are treating me like scum because I am a civilian.
    - People (they) are treating me with respect because I am a civilian.

Exit Police Academy
    - Other Cops (they) are treating me with respect because I am now a policeman.
    - People (they) are treating me like scum because I am now a policeman.

I think the few Cops that understand both perspectives are the ones that earn the respect of both sides.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I love it when they eat their own.

Oh and everyone reading this should give presence some rep. Well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Military basic training mentality.
    I spent basic doing what the Navy called ITU (intensive training unit) which is afterhours calisthenics with an M-1..

I was granted this honor for punching a lippy lieutenant in the chops..

To this day I don't suffer fools or loudmouths in a socially acceptable manner.

Point being, I went in with an attitude and distrust of "The Machine" and I got out with that distrust confirmed and justified, if anything my attitude is worse as I get older.

“Once they already had
    confirmation of the identities’ of my clients, they had 1, no right to stop them, 2, no right to hold them at gunpoint, 3, no right to assault them and use excessive force on them,” said Bonita Zelman, attorney for the officers.
    'Cuz the Enforcer Class is special, don'tcha know. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Exactly.This happens 100 times a day to mundanes and not so much as an apology. Happens to some piggies, and they never work another day in their lives.
    Awesome. 'Merica!
    yep my point exactly. a regular person having a traumatic experience on a job would have to just either keep on working or go find another one. seems this "fear for their lives" line they always yell and scream shows me 2 things. 1 their a bunch of pussies that should have never been a cop in the first place. and 2, theyve all collaborated a same said excuse to cover anything and everything that ever happens to them on the job, and off the job. liars they are.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    yep my point exactly. a regular person having a traumatic experience on a job would have to just either keep on working or go find another one. seems this "fear for their lives" line they always yell and scream shows me 2 things. 1 their a bunch of pussies that should have never been a cop in the first place. and 2, theyve all collaborated a same said excuse to cover anything and everything that ever happens to them on the job, and off the job. liars they are.
    Or complete girly men. Or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"It's only traumatic when it happens to us. It's just 'normal' when it happens to peons."

“All I could think of was if I sneeze, or blink, or clear my throat, that, yeah, I might have a bullet lodged in my head,”*said Annette Thomas, one of the officers in the car that night.
    Scared sh!tless, she knew she was close to dying. She knew because she is a cop, she knew that cops have itchy trigger fingers. She knew cops don't value lives other than their own, their comrades, family and acquaintances. She knew cops have no reservation about murdering people.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The officers have been so traumatized by this incident that they are unable to return to the job.

EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

There's so many cops and agencies around they can't keep track of each another anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I spent basic doing what the Navy called ITU (intensive training unit) which is afterhours calisthenics with an M-1..

Point being, I went in with an attitude and distrust of "The Machine" and I got out with that distrust confirmed and justified, if anything my attitude is worse as I get older.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Scared sh!tless, she knew she was close to dying. She knew because she is a cop, she knew that cops have itchy trigger fingers. She knew cops don't value lives other than their own, their comrades, family and acquaintances. She knew cops have no reservation about murdering people.
    And they can do that practically with impunity.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Never punched out a LT but I impersonated my Division Officer, Commander and TomCat pilot, to get back in the rack on an overdue sponson watch in Korea. In winter.
    He let it slide. Just told me never let it happen again. He was cool mofo. Had his XJ6 shipped to most major in-ports. Lol.

Aside from him I came out of the Navy with the belief that "I will never work again or someone I would not hire."

Lawsuit incoming.

And us ever suffering tax paying Mundanes pay, once again.

Multiple Cops Held at Gunpoint by Other Cops Who Mistook them for Criminals

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vid...UxFCyRxXXJF.99

Village of Suffern, NY — Video has been released of an incident that occurred last spring in which four veteran New York police officer were surrounded and held at gunpoint at a busy intersection by Ramapo Police.

As we previously reported, the officers were riding in a state-issued vehicle, attempting to execute an arrest warrant when suddenly the car was surrounded at gunpoint by cops from the Ramapo Police Department and one from the Village of Suffern.

“All I could think of was if I sneeze, or blink, or clear my throat, that, yeah, I might have a bullet lodged in my head,” said Annette Thomas, one of the officers in the car that day.

(Yup, and you're right...had you twitched funny your brothers in blue would have blown you away. Welcome to our world. - AF)

The Ramapo police were allegedly responding to a 9-1-1 call placed reporting black people wearing bulletproof vests in a car.

Dash cam footage shows a hectic scene as the police speed up and box the parole officers in, jumping out with guns drawn. The officers in the car surrender immediately, completely unaware as to why this was happening in the first place. The footage shows a Ramapo officer reach in and open the driver’s side door as Officer Mario Alexandre emerges, hands up. After all four officers are out of the patrol unit, a third officer wielding a rifle approaches the group. This all occurs mid-morning, in the middle of a busy intersection.

All four officers were wearing their vests and shields, riding in a state-issued vehicle with a parole placard on the dashboard reading “State of New York — Executive Department — Division of Parole.” They informed the Ramapo cops they had just come from a home in Suffern, attempting to execute an arrest warrant, and provided information for them to verify that.

So why, after all these identifying factors, were these officers put through this by the Ramapo Police?

Well, the four black officers are suing, accusing the Ramapo Police of racial profiling. In the suit they claim “they were traumatized, humiliated and feared for their lives.” They haven’t yet returned to work and are currently on workman’s compensation.

“If I do return to work, I still have to encounter working with other law enforcement agencies and I’m not sure how I’m supposed to do that when I’m fearful, distrusting. I basically felt betrayed,” said Thomas.

“If these guys aren’t safe, imagine what a young black man feels about interacting with the police,” said Damon Jones, the New York representative of Blacks in Law Enforcement of America. “They have no chance.”

Along with racial profiling, the lawsuit, which names Ramapo PD, Rockland County, the village of Suffern and Suffern Police Department as defendants, is also alleging an attempt at a coverup. Both the audio from the footage and the police report have not been released. While an investigation is underway, Ramapo police have refused to answer any questions, directing all inquiries to Ramapo Assistant Town Attorney Dennis Lynch. According to Lynch, “The actions of the town of Ramapo police were reasonable under the circumstances.”

Lynch has not clarified why there is an investigation if the actions of the town’s police were reasonable.

Grant Valentine of Chestnut Ridge, a retired parole officer and NAACP member, spoke of the incident, saying “I think it was an absolute case of racial profiling. I think what they saw was four black people they perceived to have guns in a car and they reacted based on those assumptions.”

While it is not specified how much the suit is seeking in damages, it does ask the court to require special training of both the Ramapo and Village of Suffern Police Departments, “to prevent such conduct in the future.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast