Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Review Facebook Page turning off Many Rand Paul Supporters

Rand Paul Review Facebook Page turning off Many Rand Paul Supporters

I have noticed all these Rand Pages popping up and https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulReview
    is posting what people feel is pro hamas articles. The comments are full of Republicans saying that they are leaving Rand, calling him anti semitic, and many other things. This is not Rand but is a major liability as other pages related to Rand have been for posting controversial content.

Any ideas on how to get this corrected as I have already posted on the page, but I could see things getting worse.
    Last edited by Okaloosa; 07-19-2014 at 02:33 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's nothing you can do. If people are willing to for lack of a better term "jump off the Rand bandwagon" because of a single post a non-affiliated Facebook page made, I don't think they were that much of a supporter to begin with.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    There's nothing you can do. If people are willing to for lack of a better term "jump off the Rand bandwagon" because of a single post a non-affiliated Facebook page made, I don't think they were that much of a supporter to begin with.
    It's not so much about turning off supporters, it's more about turning off the average voter who don't educate themselves.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Being attacked is not as bad for Rand as having people use your name and convinve people not to support you. The fringe of the Ron Paul movement that cost Ron Paul votes are going to be much much worse for Rand this go around and we are going to have to police ourselves.

Saying that there is nothing we can do to correct this is wrong as these are people that already had interest in Rand and may never come back because of people posting their opinions while basically representing Rand by using his name.
    Last edited by Okaloosa; 07-19-2014 at 02:55 AM.

I get concerned about the "Rand Paul 2016" facebook page, which has over 150,000 likes. It's a good page and they're well-intentioned but it's basically a page run by Ron Paul libertarian types who frequently post things that are in line with Ron Paul's more fiercely-libertarian positions but go way beyond Rand Paul's more reserved positions. I worry this might turn off potential Rand supporters who think the page is representative of Rand's views.

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    I have noticed all these Rand Pages popping up and https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulReview
    is posting what people feel is pro hamas articles. The comments are full of Republicans saying that they are leaving Rand, calling him anti semitic, and many other things. This is not Rand but is a major liability as other pages related to Rand have ben for posting controversial content.

Any ideas on how to get this corrected as I have already posted on the page, but I could see things getting worse.
    Just post comments yourself on what Rand's correct position is. Be sure to mention that AIPAC supports foreign aid to Hamas.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Just post comments yourself on what Rand's correct position is. Be sure to mention that AIPAC supports foreign aid to Hamas.
    First, damage is done because first impressions matter and association of "Rand" supporters sharing those views. Second, I already am as I'm the only one who does. Third, I can't be everywhere I have a life outside of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    I get concerned about the "Rand Paul 2016" facebook page, which has over 150,000 likes. It's a good page and they're well-intentioned but it's basically a page run by Ron Paul libertarian types who frequently post things that are in line with Ron Paul's more fiercely-libertarian positions but go way beyond Rand Paul's more reserved positions. I worry this might turn off potential Rand supporters who think the page is representative of Rand's views.
    Yes me too as they have posted about marijuana and I saw the same thing with people not wanting to support Rand for that but this post by Rand Paul Review is getting much worse of a response.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I share pro-Israel stuff in alignment with Rand's position on my (smaller than RPR) page.

I noticed this happening 1-2 years ago and I commented that they are hurting Rand Paul so they banned me from commenting,
    Rand Paul Review $#@!ING SUCKS and they have no interest in actually getting Rand elected
    No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. -Samuel Adams

Anyone know who owns the URL? WHOIS shows it as privacy blocked
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg.

duplicate
    Last edited by Okaloosa; 08-17-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Jack Hunter is using the Rand Paul 2016 Facebook page that he admins. Recently the page has posted a great deal of content that is turning off a variety of people in the comments. He is also posting almost exclusively from his website rare.us which he is affiliaed with financially making this a conflict of interest.
    Last edited by Okaloosa; 08-17-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Rare is Jack's site?
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

First, damage is done because first impressions matter and association of "Rand" supporters sharing those views. Second, I already am as I'm the only one who does. Third, I can't be everywhere I have a life outside of politics.
    Nothing can be done is right because First Amendment. If you ever see them claim to be an official page, or affiliated with Rand in any way, that is actionable. As it is, you've done all you can coming here and pleading for help. Good job and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I thought you were some kind of New Media Expert? But you're looking for a URL for a Farcebook page?

Like Gunny said. Mark Zuckerberg. Go get him. Be sure to post the pics of you posing with him when you get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have people on nearly a daily basis think my Rand Paul/Ted Cruz 2016 page (not my preferred ticket, btw) is run by Rand Paul.

These people are obviously well meaning idiots, (seriously, they think Rand has already chosen Cruz as a running mate and he has a page with just 4,500 likes) but there are a lot of them. Now imagine how many people think Rand runs the Rand Paul 2016 page. That actually sounds and looks a bit more legitimate.

I think its ran by Jebby Sanderson.

Quote Originally Posted by sl7yz0r View Post
    I noticed this happening 1-2 years ago and I commented that they are hurting Rand Paul so they banned me from commenting,
    Rand Paul Review $#@!ING SUCKS and they have no interest in actually getting Rand elected
    Im not familiar with that page (or any FB page for that matter....the $#@! is poison for so many reasons) but the propaganda pages to demonize Rand are just warming up. Expect more and more of them loaded with inaccuracies, outright lies and fake shill comments backing up the lies. Not much you can do except counter the comments yourself and encourage others to do so also.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Rare is Jack's site?
    Dunno if it's his site but fwiw there's been some recent chatter about Hunter being closely involved with it as part of an effort to turn it around.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If the person running the Rand Paul 2016 page actually wants to see Rand get elected in 2016, they should rename their page to something more clearly un-official sounding.

It says this...

"About
    This page is a grassroots effort to help preserve our rights and freedoms as expressed in the United States Constitution and is not Rand Paul's official page."
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Who cares? They still vote. Which is the point.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

I don't know if there is "nothing" he can do. If he cares about it enough, he could start his own non-official Rand Paul Facebook Page, populate it with posts he thinks are better suited to getting Rand elected, and then work to make it more popular than the non-official Rand Paul Page that he objects to.

is posting what people feel is pro hamas articles. The comments are full of Republicans saying that they are leaving Rand, calling him anti semitic, and many other things. This is not Rand but is a major liability as other pages related to Rand have been for posting controversial content.

I looked at the page and went back several months looking at posts. I didn't see a single pro hamas post. Possibly, you are confusing that facebook page with this forum.
    ================

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I looked at the page and went back several months looking at posts. I didn't see a single pro hamas post. Possibly, you are confusing that facebook page with this forum.
    Looks like the post was deleted by Rand Paul Review. When all the top comments call Rand an anti-semite they probably decided to remove it.

Last year, Ron Paul sued a website for using his name without his permission.

Perhaps Rand could do the same.

Hunter is the editor of Rare, I believe. There was an article last week or so talking about how he turned the site from a floundering, run of the mill conservative site into a libertarian favorite.

In an effort to help rare.us the Rand Paul 2016 facebook page is is getting comments like these.

'Well Rand Paul shows his true colors he does not have my vote... THEY SHOULD be afraid of breaking the law and the parents should teach them that."
    "Rand Paul please dont go there. You have the support, please don't resort to this Obama type of propaganda."
    "I am beginning to be disappointed in my KENTUCKY Senator!"
    'You're about to loose a supporter. This race card you've been filling my news feed with is only adding fuel to the fire, and quite frankly is bull $#@!!"

I post this so maybe other people can reply that it is not Rand Paul as Jack Hunter banned me for posting that it is an unnofficial page multiple times.

There IS something we can do. We can alert people in the Rand Paul camp of this, and get him to issue a statement repudiating the whole page. All it would take from him is a single Facebook post. I'm sure some of the people here among us have connections, make it happen.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 08-27-2014 at 02:36 PM.

I'd put money on this being Jebby....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast