Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC - Man choked to death by cops over (unfound) untaxed cigarettes.

Exclamation NYC - Man choked to death by cops over (unfound) untaxed cigarettes.

You know what's encouraging...the comments.

This has not gotten out to the "usual suspect" sites, so it reflects a little better, perhaps, on what people actually think.

Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ors_picks=true

Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:41 PM

A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video of the incident shows.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.

Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the Daily News.

She got no details from police until after she had gone to the hospital to identify his body, she said.

“I saw him with his eyes wide open and I said, ‘Babe, don’t leave me, I need you.’ But he was already gone,” she said.

A family friend searching for her in the hospital ran into detectives from the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Division. The friend put them on the phone with her, the grieving widow said.

She spoke with a Detective Howard, who told her, “I’m sorry for your loss,” she said. He said his office was involved “because there is wrongdoing,” she said.

Police officials said Garner had a history of arrests for selling untaxed cigarettes. Cops said they observed him selling his wares Thursday on Bay St. and moved in for an arrest.

An NYPD spokesman would only say the man “was being placed in custody, went into cardiac arrest and died” at Richmond University Medical Center.

But Esaw Garner and other family members said it was a trumped up claim.

“They’re covering their asses, he was breaking up a fight. They harassed and harassed my husband until they killed him,” she said. Garner’s family said he didn’t have any cigarettes on him or in his car at the time of his death.

She said she pleaded with police at the hospital to tell her what happened, but they brushed her off.

“They wouldn’t tell me anything,” she said.

<snip>

At the video’s end, the cop who had choke-held Garner can be seen staring at the camera that was videotaping him.

“This had nothing to do with the fight, this had something to do with something else,” the cop said, and walked away.

A law enforcement source said the incident was troubling.

“A guy is dead in our custody. That is always a potential problem,” the source said.

Pictures and video and the rest of the story at the link...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're not murderers if they wear a costume.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Interesting they referenced this in the comments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

What is the point of having "Police Protection" if they are not there to protect you, but only to protect the very tippy top 0.0001%?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

jeeze russia is getting worse every day
    oh wait
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Justice will not be found in their courts.

Murdered over nothing. Chaos, chaos, chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    They're not murderers if they wear a costume.
    Funny thing when one does in the line of duty hundreds of officers show for the ceremonies, is that because no one else will attend.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/templat...l#.U8kGkvldV8E
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The mighty Will Grigg picks up this story.

From Zero to Murder in Minutes: The Latent Lethality of Every Police Encounter

William Norman Grigg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ice-encounter/

Whitehall, Pennsylvania resident Kevin McCullers may be crippled for life after being shot repeatedly in the back by a Pennsylvania State Constable trying to serve a warrant for unpaid parking tickets. At the time of the assault McCullers was backing out of his driveway on his way to Dunkin’ Donuts. The officer insisted — let’s all say it together — that he acted out of fear for his life, a condition that is diligently cultivated within the state’s enforcement caste.

“They never knocked on the door! No nothing! I just heard the gunshots!” exclaimed Hafeezah Muhammad, a neighbor who witnessed the attempted homicide.

In a fine display of impartiality between the victim and his would-be murderer, Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin conceded that the costumed assailant made “mistakes” and is part of a corps of tax-farmers operate “under no one’s direct supervision” — but said that the victim could have avoided being shot if he had arranged to make the extortion payments on an installment plan.

McCullers was more fortunate than Eric Garner, an asthmatic street vendor who suffocated beneath a half-ton of privileged, state-subsidized suet after five NYPD officers threw him to the sidewalk. One of the assailants put Garner in a chokehold; he was quickly joined by several others who slammed the victim’s head repeatedly to the concrete. Following standard procedure, other officers provided a barricade to protect their comrades as they murdered Garner, who had six children and two grandchildren. One officer threatened a citizen who video-recorded the entire atrocity.

Unlike the belligerent parasites who murdered him, Garner was a productive citizen and a peacemaker: He had just broken up a fight before the police arrived. In doing so he humiliated the armed tax-farmers, who immediately began harassing him in search of a pretext to kidnap him. He had court dates in October for the supposed offenses of pot possession and “possessing or selling untaxed cigarettes,” which was apparently treated as a pretext for a purely retaliatory arrest.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the New York Daily News. Every time a citizen leaves his home –or even backs out of his driveway — he runs the risk of an encounter with the police, who are perfectly capable of going from zero to murder in minute when dealing with trivial matters of revenue collection. Of course, the home offers no sanctuary in a country where police routinely kick in doors in SWAT raids that occur before daybreak or after sunset.

This story hits home because a close loved one of mine has severe asthma. I could imagine these filthy, murderous pigs accosting them to the point of a deadly asthma attack. And it would be extremely easy to trigger an asthma attack in a severe asthmatic with pepper spray.
    Last edited by youngbuck; 07-19-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo

Good movie. Haven't seen the remake. Oh, sorry, reboot. I suppose remake is to reboot as comic book is to graphic novel.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

"let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    This story hits home because a close loved on mine has severe asthma. I could imagine these filthy, murderous pigs accosting them to the point of a deadly asthma attack. And it would be extremely easy to trigger an asthma attack in a severe asthmatic with pepper spray.
    Off topic, but has this loved one of yours ever been tested for Vitamin D3 deficiency? It may not be a cure-all, or panacea, but may be a contributing factor, including overall general health. Im sure others more knowledgable could fill you in more on Asthma + Vitamin D...

(Very possible I got this info wrong, but at least worth looking into)

On topic - Some people have Pacemakers. A shock from a Tazer could just as easily disrupt their hearts. Asthma + Pepper Spray / Mace seems to be just as bad.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Off topic, but has this loved one of yours ever been tested for Vitamin D3 deficiency? It may not be a cure-all, or panacea, but may be a contributing factor, including overall general health. Im sure others more knowledgable could fill you in more on Asthma + Vitamin D...

(Very possible I got this info wrong, but at least worth looking into)

On topic - Some people have Pacemakers. A shock from a Tazer could just as easily disrupt their hearts.
    Asthma + Pepper Spray / Mace seems to be just as bad.
    Some people have VNS implants too (more likely will in the future as it will probably be approved for depression and other similar disorders). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagus_nerve_stimulator I imagine a tazer shot would paralyze or kill someone with such an implant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

A similar event happened in Taiwan in 1947 which inevitably led to a revolution...

On the evening of February 27, 1947 a Tobacco Monopoly Bureau enforcement team in Taipei went to the Taipeiting District (太平町) of Dadaocheng (present-day Nanjing West Road), where they confiscated contraband cigarettes from a 40 year old widow named Lin Jiang-mai (林江邁) at the Tianma teahouse (天馬茶房)(25.0540029°N 121.5123282°E). They took her savings of the non-taxed (illegal) cigarettes. She demanded for their return. One of the men holding a gun hit Lin's head with a pistol, prompting the surrounding Taiwanese crowd to challenge the Tobacco Monopoly agents. As they fled one agent shot his gun into the crowd, killing one bystander who lunged at him. The crowd, which had already been harboring many feelings of frustration from unemployment, inflation and corruption of the Nationalist government, reached its breaking point. The crowd protested to both the police and the gendarmes, but was mostly ignored

Violence flared the following morning on February 28. Security forces at the Governor-General's Office, armed with swords(?), tried to disperse the crowd. Some fired on the protesters who were calling for the arrest and trial of the agents involved in the previous day's shooting, resulting in several deaths.[9] Formosans took over the administration of the town and military bases on March 4 and forced their way into local radio station to protest.[10] By evening, martial law had been declared and curfews were enforced by the arrest or shooting of anyone who violated curfew.

For several weeks after the February 28 Incident, the Taiwanese civilians controlled much of Taiwan. The initial riots were spontaneous and somewhat violent. Within a few days the Taiwanese were generally coordinated and organized, and public order in Taiwanese-held areas was upheld by volunteer civilians organized by students, and unemployed former Japanese army soldiers. Local leaders formed a Settlement Committee, which presented the government with a list of 32 Demands for reform of the provincial administration. They demanded, among other things, greater autonomy, free elections, surrender of the ROC Army to the Settlement Committee, and an end to governmental corruption. Motivations among the various Taiwanese groups varied; some demanded greater autonomy within the ROC, while others wanted UN trusteeship or full independence.[11] The Taiwanese also demanded representation in the forthcoming peace treaty negotiations with Japan, hoping to secure a plebiscite to determine the island's political future.
    source... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/228_Incident

BTW that event led to martial law which was the longest in world history, lasting 38 years until 1987. Gradually after martial law was lifted, Taiwan evolved into a fully functioning democracy.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 07-19-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

This should surprise nobody. This is what NYPD does.

They have always been corrupt, but I remember a time when they left the average man alone, content to involve only themselves in their various perfidies such as showing up to Tonio's for their large bags of cocaine. Just as with the rest of the nation's departments, NYPD is no longer content with that chunk of criminal privilege. They want it all.

People in NYC are almost completely disarmed and can do nothing except cower and pray they do not come to unwanted attention... or move out. Most choose the former and so I have no sympathy for them. They accept the conditions of their serfdom - who am I to object on their behalf?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    People in NYC are almost completely disarmed...
    only officially

Unofficially, NYC is armed to the teeth.

What in the hell is that?

nvrmnd, found it

Sgt. Charlie Eipper has been a professional warrior in the service of his country and community for approximately 23 years. He spent three years in the U.S. Army as a helicopter pilot. He presently serves as a Police Officer with the Wichita Falls Police Department in his home town of Wichita Falls, Texas. Sixteen years of Charlie’s 20 year career as an Officer of the law was spent on the SWAT team. During his term as a SWAT team member and the supervisor of the department’s Gang Task Force, Charlie has been involved in several incidents involving the use of deadly force and killing.

Charlie has been a member of Grace Church located in Wichita Falls, Texas for 20 years. He has received extensive Biblical training in the church including a close mentorship for the last 12 years with the Lead Pastor, Dr. Thomas Rodgers. While under the tutelage of Dr. Rodgers, Charlie was coached in the skill of accurately interpreting Scripture through diligent contextual observation.

Charlie earned his Bachelor of Science in Education degree in 1989 which prepared him to teach levels K-12 in the public school system. In 2004, he received his law enforcement instructor certification from the state of Texas Peace Officer licensing agency, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Enforcement (TCLEOSE). He has seized several opportunities to teach on Jesus’ perspective on killing in both law enforcement and civilian venues.

Charlie has combined his skills in instruction with his personal experience in killing as a Christian warrior providing him the ability to connect with the reader. He has “earned the right to be heard” among his colleagues in the military and law enforcement. Considering his credentials and experience, Sgt. Charlie Eipper is the logical choice to author Jesus Christ On Killing. http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-K.../dp/B00ISWK9K8
    Um.......onward Christian soldiers?
    Last edited by Origanalist; 07-19-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

this guy needs his own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

nvrmnd, found it

A teacher with a badge!

A teacher with a badge!
    Coming soon to "educate" you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Coming soon to "educate" you.
    "Now Billy, this is why Jesus Christ likes it when we kill people. It's for your own good."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You know what's encouraging...the comments.

This has not gotten out to the "usual suspect" sites, so it reflects a little better, perhaps, on what people actually think.

Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ors_picks=true

Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:41 PM

A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video of the incident shows.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.

Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the Daily News.

She got no details from police until after she had gone to the hospital to identify his body, she said.

“I saw him with his eyes wide open and I said, ‘Babe, don’t leave me, I need you.’ But he was already gone,” she said.

A family friend searching for her in the hospital ran into detectives from the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Division. The friend put them on the phone with her, the grieving widow said.

She spoke with a Detective Howard, who told her, “I’m sorry for your loss,” she said. He said his office was involved “because there is wrongdoing,” she said.

Police officials said Garner had a history of arrests for selling untaxed cigarettes. Cops said they observed him selling his wares Thursday on Bay St. and moved in for an arrest.

An NYPD spokesman would only say the man “was being placed in custody, went into cardiac arrest and died” at Richmond University Medical Center.

But Esaw Garner and other family members said it was a trumped up claim.

“They’re covering their asses, he was breaking up a fight. They harassed and harassed my husband until they killed him,” she said. Garner’s family said he didn’t have any cigarettes on him or in his car at the time of his death.

She said she pleaded with police at the hospital to tell her what happened, but they brushed her off.

“They wouldn’t tell me anything,” she said.

<snip>

At the video’s end, the cop who had choke-held Garner can be seen staring at the camera that was videotaping him.

“This had nothing to do with the fight, this had something to do with something else,” the cop said, and walked away.

A law enforcement source said the incident was troubling.

“A guy is dead in our custody. That is always a potential problem,” the source said.

Pictures and video and the rest of the story at the link...
    Is it just me or did I detect a smidgen of remorse in that cop's behavior before he walked away?

Oh, and Mr. "A dead guy is a potential problem for us" is what troubles me the most. Your choice of words, sir, is very telling.

Who refers to a murder victim as a "potential problem" except for those who MIGHT suffer extremely minor backlash? Don't express your regrets that it happened, just let everybody know that you are afraid this could tarnish your outstanding reputation.

Potential problem, my ass. See my sig.

EDIT: I take it back, there was no remorse. These are some cold bastards.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 07-19-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Failure to Comply.

Contemp of Cop.

Nothing will get you killed faster around cops.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Is it just me or did I detect a smidgen of remorse in that cop's behavior before he walked away?

Oh, and Mr. "A dead guy is a potential problem for us" is what troubles me the most. Your choice of words, sir, is very telling.

Who refers to a murder victim as a "potential problem" except for those who MIGHT suffer extremely minor backlash? Don't express your regrets that it happened, just let everybody know that you are afraid this could tarnish your outstanding reputation.

Potential problem, my ass. See my sig.

this 'potential problem' quote is, in fact what also resonated with me the most when I read this article. Frankly, the implications are horrifying. and might even be debilitating if they weren't entirely expected.

comments are encouraging, for lack of a better word.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    this 'potential problem' quote is, in fact what also resonated with me the most when I read this article. Frankly, the implications are horrifying. and might even be debilitating if they weren't entirely expected.
    Exactly. The question then becomes, why is nobody offended when the NYPD kills a man and then publicly worries about their image by brushing his death off as a "potential problem"? Why is this expected behavior?

Keep in mind, this is ALL that statement says about it. The fact that they used the word "problem" implies that they are directly referring to them and their own officers because that's the only context in which the word "problem" even makes sense. It's a problem for THEM and THEM only, at least as they see it. It's a potential problem because either they might have their image tarnished, or a lawsuit could set them back in revenue collection. Those are the only possible problems they could be referring to. There were no words of regret or remorse or sympathy, just a public statement that this could pose a problem to the department's good standing. And the kicker is... nobody seems to even care about the NYPD's bold lack of concern. The fact that they can say this as if it were the most normal thing in the world is shocking. It may not be shocking that they think that, but that they said it and nobody is reacting IS shocking.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 07-19-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword
    His truth is marching on.

Glory, glory, hallelujah!
    His truth is marching on ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

nvrmnd, found it

Sgt. Charlie Eipper has been a professional warrior in the service of his country and community for approximately 23 years. He spent three years in the U.S. Army as a helicopter pilot. He presently serves as a Police Officer with the Wichita Falls Police Department in his home town of Wichita Falls, Texas. Sixteen years of Charlie’s 20 year career as an Officer of the law was spent on the SWAT team. During his term as a SWAT team member and the supervisor of the department’s Gang Task Force, Charlie has been involved in several incidents involving the use of deadly force and killing.

Charlie has been a member of Grace Church located in Wichita Falls, Texas for 20 years. He has received extensive Biblical training in the church including a close mentorship for the last 12 years with the Lead Pastor, Dr. Thomas Rodgers. While under the tutelage of Dr. Rodgers, Charlie was coached in the skill of accurately interpreting Scripture through diligent contextual observation.

Charlie earned his Bachelor of Science in Education degree in 1989 which prepared him to teach levels K-12 in the public school system. In 2004, he received his law enforcement instructor certification from the state of Texas Peace Officer licensing agency, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Enforcement (TCLEOSE). He has seized several opportunities to teach on Jesus’ perspective on killing in both law enforcement and civilian venues.

Charlie has combined his skills in instruction with his personal experience in killing as a Christian warrior providing him the ability to connect with the reader. He has “earned the right to be heard” among his colleagues in the military and law enforcement. Considering his credentials and experience, Sgt. Charlie Eipper is the logical choice to author Jesus Christ On Killing. http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-K.../dp/B00ISWK9K8
    What in diddling hell is a rational adult supposed to make of this? Jesus' perspective on killing?? Did Jesus write a book or a term paper or something on the matter?

No, seriously, things like this make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone or trapped in the church of the subgenius with no doors back to the real world.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Update...

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City police officer involved in the arrest of a man who died in custody after being placed in an apparent chokehold has been stripped of his gun and badge and placed on desk duty, police said Saturday.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, and an officer who has been with the force for four years were both taken off the street after the death Thursday of 43-year-old Eric Garner on Staten Island, police said.

The department would not identify the second officer but said he would retain his gun and badge while on desk duty. The reassignment is effective immediately and will remain in effect while Garner's death is being investigated, police said.

The president of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the city's largest police union, called Pantaleo's reassignment a "completely unwarranted, knee-jerk reaction."

The decision, Patrick Lynch said in a statement, "effectively pre-judges" the case and denies Pantaleo the "very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job."
    I wonder why the NYPD would take such drastic action?

Oh, they've been Sharptoned. I wonder when he will pose with Shaneen Allen or the family of Miriam Carey?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-20-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast