Thread: PA-Cops tackle, rough up and hospitalize teen girl for curfew violation.

Exclamation PA-Cops tackle, rough up and hospitalize teen girl for curfew violation.

Teen hospitalized after being suspected of being out past police-imposed curfew

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/m...wright-curfew/

CLAIRTON, PA — A teen’s evening excursion for ice cream resulted in her going to the hospital in a neck-brace, after police found her and her friends in public just a few minutes past the government-imposed curfew for minors.

The incident happened on Tuesday, July 15th, 2014, when 17-year-old Merceedez Wright and her friends decided to finish their evening with a stop for dessert.

It was just past 10:00 p.m., the hour in which the town of Clairton (pop. 6,700) had arbitrarily declared that people under the age of 18 must not be found in public under penalty of law.

The ordinance (and all such curfews) directly violates the individuals’ right to travel and peaceably assemble.

The Clairton Police Department saw the young-looking group of individuals and began hassling them about being in public past the legally-enforceable bedtime. Pittsburgh’s KDKA reported what happened after police initiated contact.

[Merceedez] Wright says she and her friends started walking away, but returned to pick up a purse and cell phone that had been left behind. Officers reportedly put her friend in a cruiser, and Wright says she tried to walk away, but was stopped by an officer.

Bryon Clifford, who witnessed the incident, said, “She kept walking. He got out, started chasing her, and once I seen her running around the corner about five seconds later, I hear her screaming at the top of her lungs.”

Wright says she admits that she ran from police saying she was scared by the way the officer got out of the car.

“They both just tackled me to the ground and smushed my face into the ground, and their feet and legs, and they start pulling my hair, pushing me and stuff,” Wright added.

“I don’t think that curfew is great of a violation that someone needs assaulted,” said the girl’s mom, disturbed at the use of force.

Ms. Wright’s injuries were serious and she remains in the hospital. Her mom said that she’s experiencing problems with her lungs, among other things caused by the rough handling of the girl by police.

“I was terrified,” said Ms. Wright to KDKA. “I thought I was going to be beaten up for hours.”

The problems originated with the initial passage of the curfew by lawmakers. Such laws create a “Nanny State”; assigning police officers to play a parental role over all of society, instead of focusing on crimes with a tangible victim. This is a real an invitation for abuse and oppression of individual rights.

Ms. Wright’s story illustrates that every law — no matter how well-intentioned — may ultimately be administered using violent force. It is therefore prudent to reserve legislative action for only the most egregious of bad behaviors, to minimize government intervention in people’s lives and to avoid the creation of a Nanny State.

All Americans should enjoy the freedom to peacefully go out for an ice cream cone without being harassed by government agents.
    (Not in today's AmeriKa, comrade. - AF)
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

She did this to herself:

http://ericpetersautos.com/2014/07/1...year-old-girl/

The cops did it to keep her safe...It is curfew afterall...

There is some surveillance video...Cops will enjoy a good circle jerk watching it before it gets permanently damaged and suddenly disappear.

http://www.wtae.com/news/teenage-gir...ation/26992088

“It was basically a diagnosis that she had some type of air pocket between her lungs,”

Audelia Amoah, Wright’s mom said.

“I guess from when the police pounded on her.”
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/...few-violation/

This condition is a medical emergency that can cause
    steadily worsening oxygen shortage and low blood pressure.
    Unless reversed by effective treatment,
    these sequelae can progress and cause

death.

Pneumothoraces can be caused by

physical trauma to the chest
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax

Last edited by presence; 07-17-2014 at 11:54 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Zero tolerance!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's for the children.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I didn't know Clairton, PA was a real town -- I seem to remember it being mentioned in "The Deer Hunter." Anyway, she should be thanking her benevolent protectors, they were just looking out for her well-being, out of the goodness of their hearts. Sheepdogs looking after the sheep, protecting them from the wolves.

If they had allowed her to stay out, who knows what might have happened to her -- some street gang members might have come along and attacked her and put her in the hospital. Oh, wait ...

She did this to herself. When gestapo says night night, you had best go night night. Sometimes Daddy Law just has to knock some sense into these degenerates.

Cops and their families still alive and unharmed? Count on more such incidents until a cop who does this thing can be 100% assured that effective retaliation will happen.

i'm starting to see a pattern here....anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    I see a few.

Which one are you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Yea. I see a pattern of misfits blatantly violating the LAW which puts them and others at great risk of harm.

Something must be done to stop these people from putting our officers in harms way.