Thread: Medical hemp oil passes in MO

Medical hemp oil passes in MO

I don't think this has been posted yet:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/special...7797daca0.html

July 14, 2014 2:46 pm
    On the last possible day to do it, Gov. Jay Nixon today signed Missouri legislation that will allow the use of hemp oil for children with rare forms of epilepsy.
    The legislation went to Nixon's desk in May, and he had until today to sign it or veto it. If he did nothing, it would still go into law.
    The timing of this is interesting. There has recently been a push for medical legalization here in OK, and just the other day I was telling someone I didn't feel it would ever happen here until at least one other southern conservative state legalized it. Hopefully more dominoes will continue to fall.

Note also that this didn't happen in MO until a state legislator was personally affected:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...2d0423e17.html

A personal plea from a senator whose 9-year-old son has intractable epilepsy caused tears on the Senate floor Thursday, followed by unanimous approval of a bill legalizing a promising marijuana-based treatment aimed at helping such victims.
    Sen. Eric Schmitt, R-Glendale, told a hushed chamber that his son had his first infantile spasm at 11 months old and a four-hour seizure when he was 2 years old.
    Schmitt said Stephen was “maxed out” on all of his medications and that after looking into the CBD oil as a treatment, it sounded like a good option.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It looks like this product is being misnamed on purpose (I'm not sure if by supporters or opponents). Hemp oil is healthy and available at the store and online.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.