Thread: FL-Elderly man beaten, tased in the face for ‘aggressive’ walk, dies from injuries

Exclamation FL-Elderly man beaten, tased in the face for ‘aggressive’ walk, dies from injuries

Elderly dementia patient beaten, tased in the face for ‘aggressive’ walk

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/a...owers-beating/

16 July 2014

The officer attempted to coverup his actions by intentionally tampering with his dash-cam recorder.

MELBOURNE, FL — The subject of a controversial beating from 2011 has died following his traumatic brain injury. A mumbling, elderly dementia patient was kicked to the ground and beaten by an officer who feared that his life might be endangered by the man’s ‘aggressive’ walk towards him. The officer was later found to have tampered with his dash-cam, but remains on the Melbourne Police Department to this day.

Many pictures and rest of the story at link...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...dies/12469905/

The video prompted outcries of police brutality and an investigation of Middendorf's actions. Middendorf was reprimanded for disabling his patrol car's camera but was found justified in his use of force.

He continues to work for the Melbourne Police Department.

Flowers' family sued the city and police department. The lawsuit claimed Middendorf and other officers used excessive force, but a district court said the officers were justified. A federal appeals court earlier this year upheld the lower court's ruling that the officers were justified in their use of force, records show.

So his boss, the city, and the federal gov't basically told Middendorf it's OK to kick and beat elderly people to death....if they walk aggressively....It's also OK for a 2nd officer to walk up to the elderly man who's face down on the ground with Middendorf on top, and shove a taser in his face...Wow.

How the $#@! is this justified? You have a fat guy sitting on top on an old man...an old man that's been kicked in the stomach and punched a few times...

Now another guy walks up...bends ALLL the way down (looked like the cop had to reach down with some difficulty) to find the guy's face...Then tase him in the face...WTF!?

How is that justified use of a taser in any way shape or form?
    Last edited by Mani; 07-17-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post

How is that justified use of a taser in any way shape or form?
    It's not. But what are you going to do about it?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Despite the camera being disabled, video was extracted from the hard drive.
    Wait until the LEOs learn to shred their hard drives.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Officer Middendorf stated, “[I] had to protect myself in fear he [Flowers] was going to attack me. Not knowing if he was armed or not, I struck the defendant in the face to distract him.”
    Take note: Cops can do whatever they want just because they claim they don't know if you are armed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    It's not. But what are you going to do about it?
    If someone I knew was killed by a cop in this way and was not punished I would take care of it myself with little regard for my own safety or well being.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Wow, how disgusting. Where is Tod's image of the rope when you need it?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Not worthy of rope, preferred American History X curb stomping.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    If someone I knew was killed by a cop in this way and was not punished I would take care of it myself with little regard for my own safety or well being.

seems to be a popular sentiment these days....

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Sorry been workin'...

Get a rope!

We should be blaming the DA for shielding this kind of behavior just as much as we blame the police force. Police brutality should be prosecuted as a criminal act, it isn't enough to throw him off the police force.

Hopefully we'll have a president soon (or Governor, depending on the jurisdiction) who will appoint prosecutors with the balls to do so...
    Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-17-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    We should be blaming the DA for shielding this kind of behavior just as much as we blame the police force. Police brutality should be prosecuted as a criminal act, it isn't enough to throw him off the police force.

Hopefully we'll have a president soon (or Governor, depending on the jurisdiction) who will appoint prosecutors with the balls to do so...
    It's up to thee-n-me to hold 'em accountable, no elected official is going to do it.

^^ This

A family lawsuit following the incident resulted in the courts backing the police. Both a district court and a federal appeals court supported the officers’ use of force. Officer Derek Middendorf continues to work for the Melbourne Police Department.
    Just-Us. The entire system is against you and for them. There is no outrage left. It is them vs. us. As simple as that. I've made my peace and will shoot dead a sonofabitch that behaves in this manner. Best get your heads on straight people. They'll be visiting you or yours sometime in the future. And they won't hesitate to kill you or yours. Because, for them, there is no consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sorry been workin'...

Get a rope!
    I'd get banned for hanging a smiley.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    I'd get banned for hanging a smiley.
    Smiley is a government informer.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Last edited by tod evans; 07-17-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

no worky.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    no worky.
    Fixed..

pussies hiding behind their tin badges!

This is what is so sad...The farce of a justice system failed this family. the city and federal gov't shot their case down. They lost. They have no more course of action. Where's the outrage from the NAACP or Al Sharpton?

Why is it Rodney king took a beating and it caused riots? Weren't they chasing Rodney and he was on drugs and stuff? (Not that it's justified his beating...) But that caused outrage...but an old man who committed NO CRIME, walking towards a cop gets a kick in the chest and smacks his head on concrete, then gets a full beat down, and finally tased in the FACE! He DIES from his injuries...But no community stands up for him? Is it because Rodney Kings beating was so many cops and the beating was for so long? And this elderly man getting beat down by 1 or 2 cops was considered just another day??

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    This is what is so sad...The farce of a justice system failed this family. the city and federal gov't shot their case down. They lost. They have no more course of action. Where's the outrage from the NAACP or Al Sharpton?

Why is it Rodney king took a beating and it caused riots? Weren't they chasing Rodney and he was on drugs and stuff? (Not that it's justified his beating...) But that caused outrage...but an old man who committed NO CRIME, walking towards a cop gets a kick in the chest and smacks his head on concrete, then gets a full beat down, and finally tased in the FACE! He DIES from his injuries...But no community stands up for him? Is it because Rodney Kings beating was so many cops and the beating was for so long? And this elderly man getting beat down by 1 or 2 cops was considered just another day??
    Well I don't know if it was thrown out on a question of law or fact. If there was a criminal charge brought, a jury would have to decide the facts, and it couldn't just get thrown out by some "tough on crime" judge based on his or her version of the facts.

And just because they lost their civil case doesn't mean a prosecutor couldn't bring a criminal case, if he or she had the guts to do so.
    Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.