Thread: If You Own A Kalashnikov Rifle, Obama Just Sanctioned You

If You Own A Kalashnikov Rifle, Obama Just Sanctioned You

Policy by other means.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...sanctioned-you

If you thought the latest round of US sanctions against some largely unknown Russians and a few new companies listed here, most notably Rosneft and Gazprombank - but not Gazprom, never Gazprom - that would cut off Russian gas to Europe and Merkel doesn't want that - would be largely a non-event, you are right. Unless you own a Kalashnikov, aka AK-47 rifle. In which case read on.

From the updated sanctions FAQ:

If I own a Kalashnikov product, is that product blocked by sanctions? Am I able to resell a Kalashnikov product at a gun show or other secondary market?

If a U.S. person is in possession of a Kalashnikov Concern product that was bought and fully paid for prior to the date of designation (i.e., no payment remains due to Kalashnikov Concern), then that product is not blocked and OFAC sanctions would not prohibit the U.S. person from keeping or selling the product in the secondary market, so long as Kalashnikov Concern has no interest in the transaction. New transactions by U.S. persons with Kalashnikov Concern are prohibited, however, and any property in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest is blocked pursuant to OFAC’s designation of Kalashnikov Concern on July 16, 2014. If a U.S. person has an inventory of Kalashnikov Concern products in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest (for example, the products are not fully paid for or are being sold on consignment), we advise that U.S. person to contact OFAC for further guidance on handling of the inventory.

If I have Kalashnikov products in my inventory, can I sell them?

If a U.S. person has an inventory of Kalashnikov Concern products in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest (for example, the products are not fully paid for or are being sold on consignment), we advise that U.S. person to contact OFAC for further guidance on handling of the inventory.
    In other words, the US just froze any transactions involving products made by the world's most popular assault rifle: both purchases and sales. For now, however, one can still buy Russian-made gold and silver. And US rifles, of course.... For now that is.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Free Market." Lol.

Dammit, I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "Free Market." Lol.
    Start your own Kalashnikov business. <s>
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

involving products made by the world's most popular assault rifle:
    my brain hurts....
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

This is one of the worst pieces I have seen on zerohedge recently.

If you own the rifle, then you are not sanctioned. Reading for comprehension people.

If Kalashnikov still owns the rifle outright or in part, then you are sanctioned. By why do you have a rifle you don't own?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    . By why do you have a rifle you don't own?
    It is only for Dealers who have them on consignment,, or other arrangement where they are not paid for up front.

I would expect it only affects a small number of folks.

Still damn stupid though.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I've been looking into the I. O. Inc. M214. Supposedly much more accurate. I think it's all American made, used to be in NC but now FL.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also covers anything made under the Saiga brand.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

How about the Chinese, Romanian, Bulgarian, etc. AK's? Wow, sanctioned by Obama, that sure makes me want to go out and buy an AK-74.

chinese ak's have been banned for years.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I'm seeing lots of new ones for sale in gun shows.

Meanwhile I can go to dicks sporting goods and buy a convertable M16 clone.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

So is this a ban on AK chow too...

-t

In other words, the US just froze any transactions involving products made by the world's most popular assault rifle: both purchases and sales. For now, however, one can still buy Russian-made gold and silver. And US rifles, of course.... For now that is.
    This seems to be a bit of an exaggeration. You're blocked from any new transactions with the AK-47 manufacturer, but the AK-47's already in circulation are fair game (correct me if I'm wrong)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Of course, zero hedge would never exaggerate though lol
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Meanwhile I can go to dicks sporting goods and buy a convertable M16 clone.
    The govt is trying to help you out by prohibiting you from buying inferior products to US grade weaponry, and people just moan about their loss of freedom.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I'm seeing lots of new ones for sale in gun shows.
    you are not unless you live in Canada. They were banned around twenty years ago. You might be seeing ones people tucked away for a rainy day coming out of the safes, but you are assuredly not seeing newly imported Chinese AK-47s as Bush banned them in 1989.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Really? I have one that is very rare (very little sold in the US before ban in 80s). DOes that mean it is even MORE valuable?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I've been looking into the I. O. Inc. M214. Supposedly much more accurate. I think it's all American made, used to be in NC but now FL.

This little battle cry from some people should be disregarded. People that say that "An AK can't hit anything past 50 yards" are either lying, or have never fired one in their lives. Is an AR more accurate at longer distances? Yes. Is an AK inaccurate over 100 yards? No. An AK and an AR are two different weapons for two different kinds of fighting. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    This little battle cry from some people should be disregarded. People that say that "An AK can't hit anything past 50 yards" are either lying, or have never fired one in their lives. Is an AR more accurate at longer distances? Yes. Is an AK inaccurate over 100 yards? No. An AK and an AR are two different weapons for two different kinds of fighting. Nothing more, nothing less.
    title is a bit misleading. Only Russian AK's are banned from import.

other AKs (Romy, Yugo, Chinese, et cetera) are more than fine.

But this will definitely put a pinch on 12 ga AKs, since I believe Saiga is the only one who makes em.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.