Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I know some people who are moving to Asheville because they are poets and its supposedly an artist colony. My Dad's family are all from the Sylva/Franklin area. My great grandparents and a bunch of my ancestors are buried around Cullowhee. I actually love that area but I've only been there as a tourist. Sad that some of that independent spirit that fueled some of my ancestors to defend NC in the Revolution seems to have flown the coop.
    Asheville is a lot of things. It is also a New Age mecca, and home to a large and active church of Satan. All the while nearby, is Billy Graham HQ. So.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I'm moving from KY to South Carolina, I'm going from being represented by Rand Paul and Thomas Massie to... Lindsey Graham.
    We do have another Senator - McConnell to Graham is not much of a difference - and if you roll your dice right you could get a Rep. like Gowdy...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm moving from KY to South Carolina, I'm going from being represented by Rand Paul and Thomas Massie to... Lindsey Graham.
    You just gave me a panic attack.

Stay away from Cleveland County NC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Wow... that sucks. I don't honestly know who Va's reps are, but I'm guessing pretty much any pair of senators could beat Schuemer and Gillbrand.
    They used to have Virgil Goode, but he was a lot better as a Presidential candidate than a representative. Their Senators are Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, two Democrats who aren't very good, but aren't leading the charge for evil either (like McCain, Schumer, Graham, Feinstein, etc). The guy who beat Cantor in the primary looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    You are the liberty seed. You will be Graham's undoing.
    I would be honored, I'm probably going to vote for the Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I have to get some credit here, I basically turned him into a libertarian
    Yeah, that's pretty much true.

"Ive had a chance to look at the [Libertarian] Party's website, I agree with some of the free market stuff, but it goes too far, and I beleive that drugs and prostitution should be illegal."

-CELTICEMPIRE, 2010, complete with spelling errors and the misconception that Libertarianism=Libertarian Party. I was shocked that anyone would even suggest legalization of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    We do have another Senator - McConnell to Graham is not much of a difference - and if you roll your dice right you could get a Rep. like Gowdy...
    I have Jeff Duncan, I don't really know anything about him. Tim Scott hasn't been around long enough for me tohave a strong opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    You just gave me a panic attack.
    They are scary people, I know.
    Stop believing stupid things

Visited the Raleigh area several times to see family. Liberty wise, I'd call it average. Geography wise, it's beautiful.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

They used to have Virgil Goode, but he was a lot better as a Presidential candidate than a representative. Their Senators are Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, two Democrats who aren't very good, but aren't leading the charge for evil either (like McCain, Schumer, Graham, Feinstein, etc). The guy who beat Cantor in the primary looks promising.

I would be honored, I'm probably going to vote for the Democrat.

Yeah, that's pretty much true.

"Ive had a chance to look at the [Libertarian] Party's website, I agree with some of the free market stuff, but it goes too far, and I beleive that drugs and prostitution should be illegal."

-CELTICEMPIRE, 2010, complete with spelling errors and the misconception that Libertarianism=Libertarian Party. I was shocked that anyone would even suggest legalization of drugs.

I have Jeff Duncan, I don't really know anything about him. Tim Scott hasn't been around long enough for me tohave a strong opinion of him.

They are scary people, I know.
    I was happy to see that I didn't post anything in that thread from 2010. I was such a dummy back then...

I've always enjoyed my short visits to the state. Geologically diverse, temperate, and friendly folk. Payne Stewart's ghost seems to enjoy the place, too, r.i.p.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Ashville NC has a great Craft beer scene.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12