Thread: Conspiracy theorists proven right again by Snowden documents

Banned

Blog Entries

Conspiracy theorists proven right again by Snowden documents

Oh yeah. British intelligence has programs to skew polls and make favorable comments on youtube and other places.

The Government Communication Headquarters (GCHQ) – Britain’s National Security Agency (NSA) equivalent – commands a wide-ranging set of tools that enable it to hack into popular social media and communications outlets and plant false information on the Internet, according to a document published by The Intercept Monday. The long list of options ranges from inflating the results of online polls to allowing the agency to monitor Skype communications in real time, though the details of that capability remain murky.
    “If you don’t see it here, it doesn’t mean we can’t build it,” JTRIG says at the top of the list of programs, which includes the following code names and descriptions:

UNDERPASS – “Change the outcome of online polls.”
    SILVERLORD- “Disruption of video-based websites hosting extremist content through concerted target discovery and content removal.”
    CHANGELING- “Ability to spoof any email address and send email under that identity.”
    IMPERIAL BARAGE- “For connecting two target phone together in a call”
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/14/sno...usaolp00000591

But don't worry people, they only rig polls like, "do you believe terrorists are bad or good?", because obviously, GCHQ is only engaged in anti-terrorism, so they wouldn't skew polls of public discourse, about important things, like say, foreign policy or privacy.

Oh yeah, and of course, the NSA wouldn't utilize or share these tools, Oh no, of course not, they beleive in free speech!
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-16-2014 at 02:50 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Social Media + Real Conspiracy = Unlimited Propoganda
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

You know, I've realized something.

Everything's merely conspiracy theory until proven true. Then it becomes unimportant.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Note SILVERLORD trawls youtube channels and looks for the slightest infractions and reports them to get the channels shut down. Alex Jones has been hit by this a couple of times.

I am sure Google and Facebook knew about this $#@!, if not helped the government, or faced losing lucrative government contracts.

This has nothing to do with terrorism or catching bad guys, this has EVERYTHING to do with complete; societal, population, and mind control. $#@!ing Monsters in government spy agencies and the taxpayers are picking up this? Especially the US taxpayers picking up $100s of millions in funding GCHQ sites.
    AIRWOLF, ANGRY PIRATE AND DANCING BEAR: SOME OF GCHQ'S TOOLS

AIRWOLF YouTube profile, comment and video collection

ANGRY PIRATE A tool that will permanently disable a target's account on their computer

BIRDSONG Automated posting of Twitter updates

BIRDSTRIKE Twitter monitoring and profile collection

BOMB BAY The capacity to increase website hits, rankings

BURLESQUE The capacity to send spoofed SMS messages

DANCING BEAR Obtains the locations of WiFi access points

FATYAK Public data collection from LinkedIn

GESTATOR Amplification of a given message, normally video, on popular multimedia websites (YouTube)

GLASSBACK Technique of getting a target's IP address by pretending to be a spammer and ringing them. Target does not need to answer

GODFATHER Public data collection from Facebook

GOODFELLA Generic framework for public data collection from online social networks

MINIATURE HERO Active Skype capability. Provision of realtime call records (SkypeOut and SkypetoSkype) and bidirectional instant messaging. Also contact lists

PHOTON TORPEDO A technique to actively grab the IP address of MSN messenger user

SPRING-BISHOP Finding private photos of targets on Facebook

SCRAPHEAP CHALLENGE Perfect spoofing of emails from Blackberry targets

SUNBLOCK Ability to deny functionality to send/receive email or view material online

UNDERPASS Change outcome of online polls (previously known as NUBILO)

WARPATH Mass delivery of SMS messages to support an Information Operations campaign
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-16-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Pfft,
    All well-intentioned, I'm sure!
    ...just add those to the list of "so many ways that governments manage to eat out everyone's substance" tools:

Lies and Manipulation(gov’s mandatory mind-numbing K-12 "edu-training", cleverly flipped lies/truth, cooked official statistics, unlimited resources via fed funny money versus "on the tax payers back" and “national debt” illusions, MSM that gets into your head like a StarTrek "Ceti eel", illusions of free choice, privacy, and the electoral process, vilification of “enemies of the state”, gov/corporate immunity, hides/enables gargantuan levels of corruption both in and out of gov, whistle blower trap, and the endless “department of” mission creep to become the exclusive sources of knowledge, food, health, nurture, nature, safety and security).

Rules, Laws, Licensing and Regulation (just-Us system, maintain gov’s circle-of-power/status quo just because they can, or specifically to make you pay for something or force you to do something that you don't want to do, or to prevent you from doing something that you wanted to do).

Coercion and Force(domestic and international, ultimate gov power is all backed up by various flavors, levels and unlimited use of threats, fines, caging, mind controlling pills/”treatment", torture and the exclusive ultimate use of deadly force up to but not excluding total population annihilation. e.g., "Freedom Carpet Bombing" and drone strikes delivered to other countries).

P.S., IMO there are some big fundamental problems with anarchy too.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Everything's merely conspiracy theory until proven true. Then it becomes unimportant.
    You said a mouthful there! I am more and more convinced that the people within the "liberty movement" who spend their time fighting the "conspiracy theorist" are really the greatest threat to the liberty movement.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You said a mouthful there! I am more and more convinced that the people within the "liberty movement" who spend their time fighting the "conspiracy theorist" are really the greatest threat to the liberty movement.
    That is a dangerous conspiracy and you need to stop spreading it around.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

I take no pleasure in being proven right.
    I sincerely wish I was wrong about some things,, and hate it when I am right,, most of the time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The Worst Trolls On The Internet Are The Government Trolls
    http://www.strike-the-root.com/makin...-troll-edition
    We have all run into them. All over the Internet, there are horrible trolls that seem to delight in making life miserable for other people. But the worst trolls of all are the government trolls. And thanks to Edward Snowden, we now have some startling new evidence of what really goes on behind the scenes. According to newly revealed documents, British spy agency GCHQ is manipulating online discussions, infiltrating the computers of specific targets, purposely destroying reputations, altering the results of online polls, and using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for propaganda and espionage purposes. If people don’t start getting outraged about this now, the governments of the western world are going to see it as a green light to do even more. Eventually, it might get so bad that we won’t be able to trust much of anything that we see on the Internet.

There is a lot about the Internet that is really awful, but one great thing about it is the fact that it has allowed average individuals to communicate on a mass scale unlike ever before. As the general population has become aware of how powerful of a tool the Internet can be, the elite have become extremely alarmed. Unlike so many other things in our society, it has not been something that they have been able to easily control.
    [...]
    If we are going to have a free and open society, then we simply cannot have the governments of the western world running around systematically manipulating the Internet for their own purposes.

And of course it is not just the British that are doing this kind of thing.

Just recently, for example, the U.S. was caught manipulating discourse on Reddit and editing Wikipedia.

The rest of the world is watching all of this and they are absolutely disgusted with us. The more that we act like Nazis, the more they are going to regard us as such.
    [...]
    The people of the western world need to stand up and say enough is enough.

Are we going to stay silent as the integrity of the Internet is destroyed?

Are we going to stay silent while the Internet is transformed into a government propaganda tool?

Are we going to stay silent while the liberties and freedoms that we have left are systematically shredded?

If you do not like the direction that all of this is going, now is the time to let your voice be heard.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Not a good day for the likes of Jay Adkisson, Dan Evans, Joey Smith, and Ret Squid.
    Last edited by dude58677; 07-16-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Was the US complicit in this? Did the US know? What obligations do states have for promoting civil liberties in other countries?

Why isn't the MSM asking these questions?

First hand experience is that when I tell cohort of mine about these little tidbits that are coming out lately, I get that blank stare and a "so"?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Government has become the behemoth of all monster Mafia organizations violating the very US Codes they force the people to abide upon. RICO -- Racketeering, Influence, Corruption, & Organized Crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Pfft,
    All well-intentioned, I'm sure!
    ...just add those to the list of "so many ways that governments manage to eat out everyone's substance" tools:

Lies and Manipulation(gov’s mandatory mind-numbing K-12 "edu-training", cleverly flipped lies/truth, cooked official statistics, unlimited resources via fed funny money versus "on the tax payers back" and “national debt” illusions, MSM that gets into your head like a StarTrek "Ceti eel", illusions of free choice, privacy, and the electoral process, vilification of “enemies of the state”, gov/corporate immunity, hides/enables gargantuan levels of corruption both in and out of gov, whistle blower trap, and the endless “department of” mission creep to become the exclusive sources of knowledge, food, health, nurture, nature, safety and security).

Rules, Laws, Licensing and Regulation (just-Us system, maintain gov’s circle-of-power/status quo just because they can, or specifically to make you pay for something or force you to do something that you don't want to do, or to prevent you from doing something that you wanted to do).

Coercion and Force(domestic and international, ultimate gov power is all backed up by various flavors, levels and unlimited use of threats, fines, caging, mind controlling pills/”treatment", torture and the exclusive ultimate use of deadly force up to but not excluding total population annihilation. e.g., "Freedom Carpet Bombing" and drone strikes delivered to other countries).

P.S., IMO there are some big fundamental problems with anarchy too.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

RE:
    The Worst Trolls On The Internet Are The Government Trolls
    Hey, trolling keeps those same tax ticks from causing even more trouble, so let them play on the Internet instead of doing any (more harmful, real) guber-work.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well, I wasn't exactly referring to people within the liberty movement. It was more directed at the republicans I see who tend to dismiss things like Agenda 21 and then suddenly something in their home town regarding sustainable development passes through city council, and then you hear this sentiment, 'oh, well . . . it's not so bad.'

It's as if people would rather down-play things that come to fruition because they have too much pride to admit they were wrong. So, we have an endless cycle of conspiracy theories that come into the light and people don't do $#@! about it, because they'd have to start believing things they wouldn't normally want to believe.

First it was: The NSA isn't spying on your facebook page.

Now it's: Who cares?

I want to tell them: Just admit you were $#@!ing wrong in the first place and help us do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

How much do people get paid for government trolling?
    Last edited by dude58677; 07-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    How much do people get paid for government trolling?
    Well, that depends...

There's different organizations

Government military (enlisted/officer supervision) e.g. US Army 37F cyber ops
    Government civilian (DIA, CIA, NSA, DOS, DOJ, MIL, WH,
    Government contractors (SAIC, Booz Allen Hamilton, HBGary, Planatir, etc)

Civilian Special Interest: AIPAC, Megaphone(new versions), SPLC, GLBST, CSIS, AEI, FPI, PNAC, ZOA, UAW, etc...

Anywhere from $50K - $200K

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I know you weren't. I was. I expect to get attacked by my enemies. I guess I'm tired of being routinely attacked by so called "friends".

Well, I wasn't exactly referring to people within the liberty movement. It was more directed at the republicans I see who tend to dismiss things like Agenda 21 and then suddenly something in their home town regarding sustainable development passes through city council, and then you hear this sentiment, 'oh, well . . . it's not so bad.'

It's as if people would rather down-play things that come to fruition because they have too much pride to admit they were wrong. So, we have an endless cycle of conspiracy theories that come into the light and people don't do $#@! about it, because they'd have to start believing things they wouldn't normally want to believe.

First it was: The NSA isn't spying on your facebook page.

Now it's: Who cares?

I want to tell them: Just admit you were $#@!ing wrong in the first place and help us do something about it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yup, this...

UNDERPASS – “Change the outcome of online polls.”
    I thought that was us, here on RPF
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

SILVERLORD- “Disruption of video-based websites hosting extremist content through concerted target discovery and content removal.”
    I've been doing this online activism thing under this psuedonym and many others for a little over a decade. 90% or more of the older video content I've posted that has been activism related is now dead links.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Jay Adkisson and Ret Squid the same person?

It was unimportant before it was proven. Don't kid yourself.

I can't imagine any conspiracy theory that if proven true would bring down the government. People know deep down that the government is corrupt and they like it.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care