Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent: your help is needed to keep an innocent mother out of jail

Exclamation Urgent: your help is needed to keep an innocent mother out of jail

Legal Defense Fund Information:

h/t to KC Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    NOTE:

In the most recent post where I listed the Legal Defense Fund link, it turns out the link was bad. I corrected it in the orignal post, but if anyone missed it, the correct link to the fund is:

http://gogetfunding.com/project/shan...l-defense-fund

Thanks to any and all who have (or are planning to) donate. It appears the fund has hit double the original goal - they're over $53,000 right now - but have a hunch the tab is going to come to more than that in the end. So every little bit helps.

While we're at it, here's the link for the Shaneen Allen Billboard Project: http://www.nj2as.com/event-1741868

And the Fully Informed Jury Association's outreach project for Shaneen Allen: http://www.nj2as.com/event-1734159

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Activism bump!

This is Shaneen Allen and her two young boys:

If you're reading this and care to donate a few bucks to help keep this young woman out of a cage, here's the link to her legal defense fund:

http://gogetfunding.com/project/shan...l-defense-fund

Or if you prefer to send a direct donation via snail mail, it can be sent to her attorney's office:

Evan F. Nappen Attorney at Law PC
    21 Throckmorton Avenue
    Eatontown, NJ 07724
    C/O Shaneen Allen LDF

(In the memo portion of the check write: Shaneen Allen Legal Defense Fund.)

If you know any Second Amendment supporters, or for that matter anyone who has a sense of common decency, please pass this along.

Free Shaneen Allen!

William Norman Grigg

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...shannen-allen/

Philadelphia resident Shaneen Allen is a 27-year-old single mother who works two jobs to provide for her two children. Acting on the wise advice of a relative she bought a gun, took a gun safety course, and obtained official permission to exercise her innate right to self-defense. However, she made the mistake of crossing from Pennsylvania into a different tax jurisdiction called New Jersey, which is ruled by a different criminal clique through a different set of arbitrary edicts.

After being stopped by a costumed revenue farmer for violating one of New Jersey’s manifold official restrictions on the right to travel, Shaneen made the tragic mistake of being entirely candid when asked if she had any weapons in her possession. As a result she has been charged with the second-degree felony of “unlawful possession” of the means of self-defense. She faces the prospect of three years in a cage and the loss of her children.

The officer who abducted Shaneen actually admitted that she was being punished for her honesty. The same admission was made by the judge at her arraignment. Despite the fact that Shaneen has no criminal record, and clearly displayed no criminal intent, Atlantic County Prosecutor Jim McClain is refusing to offer her entry into a diversionary program that would allow her to avoid prison.

“When law and morality contradict each other,” wrote Frederic Bastiat, “the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.” Shaneen Allen has never broken the law in any sense; the edict that she ignorantly violated has no moral validity. Her case offers infuriating, albeit redundant, proof of the maxim that the only thing governments “make” are criminals out of innocent people, and corpses out of living human beings.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-28-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honest Gun-Owning Mom Busted In NJ Could Face 3 Years In Prison

http://www.my9nj.com/story/25996007/...ermit-problems

Atlantic County, New Jersey (My9NJ) -

27 year-old Shaneen Allen wanted to protect her family. She took a gun safety course, applied for and was granted a concealed carry permit and she purchased a gun.

“One of my family members, he thought it was appropriate for me to get one because I’m a single mother and I have two children and I work two jobs and I work late and getting up at that time of night I got robbed twice last year and he felt the need for me to get my license to protect me and my kids,” Allen explained.

However, while Allen, from Philadelphia, was covered to carry a gun in Pennsylvania, she made the mistake of crossing into New Jersey with the weapon and now she's facing a mandatory minimum of three-years in jail.

Allen said that she didn't know her permit didn't apply to New Jersey so when she was stopped for a minor traffic offense she told the police about her gun and her permit to carry. In this case, being honest may have cost her.

“The judge tried to tell me that telling the truth messed me up, my life up and the cop said the same thing. Me opening my mouth and speaking out he said I’m one out of ten people that spoke up and was honest and that got me in trouble,” she said.

Allen was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets which were in the gun. Under New Jersey gun laws, the illegal possession of a gun is a second-degree felony which holds a minimum sentence of three-years in prison.

Allen’s Attorney Evan Nappen feels that the judge doesn't have a lot of discretion in this particular case.

“We’re talking about a law-abiding, licensed person who did nothing wrong. She is now facing three-years minimum mandatory, where the judge has no discretion, in state’s prison,” he said.

Allen has no criminal record and only owned the gun for a week. So far the Atlantic County Prosecutor has denied her entry into a diversionary program that would allow her to avoid jail time.

The case is still moving forward but the question remains, will New Jersey’s tough gun laws take a young woman who wanted protection from criminals and instead force her to become one?

Now, here's what happens next:

1 - This young woman, trying to do everything right, with no criminal record at all, will go to prison.

2 - She will lose her children.

3 - She will more than likely suffer abuse in prison.

4 - She will never hold another decent job again.

5 - She is, in fact, $#@!ed.

Try and get a NJ jury to nullify and acquit on gun case.

You have a better chance of seeing God.

AmeriKa.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2014 at 06:06 AM.

DO NOT TALK TO COPS

Does that include lying to them AF?

You're $#@!ing right it does, when the answer is a simple NO.

When the cop asks: "You got any drugs or weapons in the car?" you $#@!ing say NO!

They are legally allowed to lie to us in order to trip us up and prosecute us on our own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    DO NOT TALK TO COPS

Does that include lying to them AF?

You're $#@!ing right it does, when the answer is a simple NO.

When the cop asks: "You got any drugs or weapons in the car?" you $#@!ing say NO!

They are legally allowed to lie to us in order to trip us up and prosecute us on our own words.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

John Adams once said:

“It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt
    and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.

But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen
    will say, ‘whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no
    protection,’ and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that
    would be the end of security whatsoever.”

Do NOT talk to Cops. They are NOT Officer Friendly, regardless of what their badge says or the False Authority they hide behind.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Now, here's what happens next:

1 - This young woman, trying to do everything right, with no criminal record at all, will go to prison.

2 - She will lose her children.

3 - She will more than likely suffer abuse in prison.

4 - She will never hold a another decent job again.

5 - She is, in fact, $#@!ed.

AmeriKa.
    You forgot #6. Go on public assistance programs so she has to rely on the same people that destroyed her life for her survival.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Here is the POS DA;

Last edited by tod evans; 07-15-2014 at 04:46 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

She's black. Will Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton stand up for her?

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ignorance is an excuse, there is precedence. 45,000 new bullsh!t laws a year no one could possibly know them all.
    http://research.lawyers.com/ignoranc...an-excuse.html
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 07-16-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Ignorance is an excuse, there is precedence. 45,000 new bullsh!t laws a year no one could possibly no them all.
    http://research.lawyers.com/ignoranc...an-excuse.html
    That's true. Depending on how the law is written, it might require that you have some knowledge not only that you are doing something but that what you are doing is wrong. That said, what really needs to happen here is jury nullification. I wish I was independently wealthy and had 1 million to spare. I would run TV ads throughout this jurisdiction pointing out the idiocy of this particular prosecution and the right of a jury to interpret not only the facts, but the law, as they see fit and acquit convictions of unjust laws with the hope of affecting the jury pool. That said, what she needs more than anything is publicity. Sadly she likely won't get it as showing a black woman being persecuting by out of control gun control is not a story the PTB wants to go national.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'm not even going to go into the irony of her having a gun for self-defense only to be brutalized by the system for having it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    She's black. Will Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton stand up for her?
    I'll not be holding my breath in expectation.

AmeriKa.
    The out on this case is make the jury see god. Jury are subject to their oath as well as 18 USC 201 so is the judge, cop and prosecutor. If you don't believe me ask your self how I dropped someone off at the hospital with their teeth knocked out screaming what did you hit me for, drove of and left them thier and did not get prosecuted for it.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I refer you to Post #3

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's true. Depending on how the law is written, it might require that you have some knowledge not only that you are doing something but that what you are doing is wrong. That said, what really needs to happen here is jury nullification. I wish I was independently wealthy and had 1 million to spare. I would run TV ads throughout this jurisdiction pointing out the idiocy of this particular prosecution and the right of a jury to interpret not only the facts, but the law, as they see fit and acquit convictions of unjust laws with the hope of affecting the jury pool. That said, what she needs more than anything is publicity. Sadly she likely won't get it as showing a black woman being persecuting by out of control gun control is not a story the PTB wants to go national.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    3 felonies a day...

Might be a low estimate now.

EVERYONE is a criminal. The government is just a bit more passive aggressive about it than Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia. They don't just blatantly drag you out of your home and throw you in prison for no clear crime, they just pin some bull$#@! tax law on you. You didn't pay enough of your extortion fees 6 years ago, so now 10 years of prison for tax evasion.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    EVERYONE is a criminal. The government is just a bit more passive aggressive about it than Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia. They don't just blatantly drag you out of your home and throw you in prison for no clear crime, they just pin some bull$#@! tax law on you. You didn't pay enough of your extortion fees 6 years ago, so now 10 years of prison for tax evasion.
    Give it time comrade.

Once the full surveillance network is in place, then you'll see these scofflaws brought to justice.

Just a matter of catching them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    The Nazis didn't either.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

The liberty movement really needs to come to this woman's defense. Imagine 100 white dudes with AR15s camped out at the courthouse Bundy Ranch style.
    This poor woman was working 2 jobs to feed her kids. She got a weapon to protect her family. Is this not the pinnacle of personal responsibility? I'm sure she could have quit her jobs and lived off of food stamps. She could have depended on 911 for personal protection (don't laugh, stay with me). But she chose to not to. She is one of us.

Lawyers or guns???
    Last edited by limequat; 07-15-2014 at 10:10 AM.

My mother used to get pretty upset when I would kid her and say, "It's not against the law unless you get caught." Now I'm starting to wonder if my kidding was more true than I thought it was. If there is no way to know all of the laws, then perhaps it really isn't against the law unless you get caught.

hah hah... Cutting in on "Law Enforcement's" crime syndicate. Hey, that's our job to protect/defend/control aka Cutting in on our 6 figure salaries and pensions and benefits. New Jersey government, a Circle Jerk of spewing totalitarianism. When seconds count... cops are minutes, if not hours away...
    27 year-old Shaneen Allen wanted to protect her family. She took a gun safety course, applied for and was granted a concealed carry permit and she purchased a gun.
    “One of my family members, he thought it was appropriate for me to get one because I’m a single mother and I have two children and I work two jobs and I work late and getting up at that time of night I got robbed twice last year and he felt the need for me to get my license to protect me and my kids,” Allen explained.
    Below is government hypocrisy at it's finest... government agencies left and right are purchasing Hollow Point Ammo(Starting in 2003, orders of 50 million and 225 million .40 S&W hollow point ammunition totaling 275 million rounds were purchased. After the expiration of the five year contracts in 2008, ICE purchased an additional 575 million rounds of .40 S&W hollow point ammunition with two separate orders (200 million and 375 million). Now, with the expiration of the 2008 contract, ICE has ordered a maximum of 450 million hollow-point rounds over the next five years.)... but for the mundane, it's completely illegal. Classic double standard of the Soviet Union Marxism and the "idiocracy" that keeps empowering the lying state of dictators.
    Allen was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets which were in the gun.
    I thought Congress passed the law to carry your Concealed Carry from state to state without persecution from the Socialist-Marxists? OH WAIT...
    Under New Jersey gun laws, the illegal possession of a gun is a second-degree felony which holds a minimum sentence of three-years in prison.
    Bill died after passing the House back in 2011... Harry 'SCUMBAG' Reid once again at work blocking freedom...

House Approves
    bill, H.R. 822, Concealed Firearm Permit Bill | Fox News
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-16-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Ok, how does one go about setting up a chip-in or donation?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's her lawyer:

Infuriating.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

And you bought the lie that the entire culture of New Jersey was built around the goal of protecting idiots! Silly mundanes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Infuriating.
    That it is, especially if she was really stopped for DWB.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

To be honest, this happens a lot. I don't know too many people from SE PA, who doesn't know not to take their guns into NJ. Not saying it's right. I'm just wondering how anyone can live here and be oblivious to this.
    Last edited by Lindsey; 07-15-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Here is the POS DA;

DA = Dumb Ass
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast