Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congressman - Tax Drivers For Every Mile They Drive

Congressman - Tax Drivers For Every Mile They Drive

http://wealthydebates.com/democrat-c...ry-mile-drive/

(Penny Starr) While the House and the Senate this week issued measures intended to temporarily replenish the Highway Trust Fund before it runs out of money next month, Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) ended the week by proposing to hike – then abolish – the federal fuel tax and replace it with a per-mile “fee.”

“The policy development that I’m most excited about and that will reinforce the right practices for the future: After we raise the gas tax, we should abolish it,” Blumenauer said on Friday at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. “The time is right to replace the gas tax, because it’s no longer an accurate reflection of road use and benefit because of these wildly changing fuel consumption patterns, and replace it with a vehicle mile travel fee regardless of the choice of vehicle fuel.

(Continues on Link)

Obviously, this has NOTHING to do with replenishing the 'Highway Trust Fund', and EVERYTHING to do with TOTAL SURVEILLANCE. The whole thing about "we have the technology" pretty much amounts to a $#@!ing Odometer, not a Govt Mandated GPS that REQUIRES you to violate your 5th Amendment Right so they can take more of what little you have left.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The idea that government as it sits must be funded is insane!

Get a rope!

heavier vehicles/ loads do more damage to muh rhooOoodes but will now get sum social justice!
    EQUALITY 4 EVRY1!!!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I love my new mountain bike.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

How about states learning to slash funding in other sectors so that they can maintain their road infrastructure without Fed help. Arizona gets 45% of it's road money from the Fed. N.C. gets 25%.
    No one talks about cutting in one area to boost another. It's always more, more, more!

Politicians should be taxed by the lie

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    I love my new mountain bike.
    “The policy development that I’m most excited about and that will reinforce the right practices for the future: After we raise the gas tax, we should abolish it,” Blumenauer said on Friday at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. “The time is right to replace the gas tax, because it’s no longer an accurate reflection of road use and benefit because of these wildly changing fuel consumption patterns, and replace it with a vehicle mile travel fee regardless of the choice of vehicle fuel.
    Your sweat is taxable and your bike is a vehicle.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    Politicians should be taxed by the lie
    FOR THA WIN!!!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The idea that government as it sits must be funded is insane!

Get a rope!
    Most people fail to understand how the Federal Reserve Bank is involved in any of this.

First off, Federal Income Taxes go to the Federal Reserve Bank, not the Federal Govt. Income Taxes are NOT a means of paying for Services, these taxes ARE a means of Currency Destruction. Currency Destruction occurs because "money" is created when a person takes out a Loan, but that money is "destroyed" when a Payment on that loan is made. The US Govt "borrows" money from the Federal Reserve Bank, which creates "money", but is "destroyed" when payments are made, which is what Income Tax is intended to do. If that "money" that was created from loans remained in existence, Inflation would be quadruple and quintuple digits.

Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy

Monetary Policy is CREATING the "money". More appropriately, Currency, big difference. Fiscal Policy is the "destruction" of that "money" to "keep things in balance".

The end result of having a Central Bank is that Govts are no longer held in check by Taxes. They can pretty much spend what ever they want, when ever they want. A Govt that whose spending was Limited by Taxes they could collect would not be able to fund these endless wars. The Central Bank enables them to spend without funding. They no longer care where the "money" comes from. The entire idea of a "Balanced Budget" really has nothing to do with taxing as much as spent. What a "Balanced Budget" essencially means is that Govt is able to "make payments" on the existing debt, which does NOT include the entire balance owed, but only a percentage of that, just as your Credit Card (probably) does not require that you pay off the entire debt each month.

There are many ways to cause harm to a single individual. Physical, Emotional, Food, Financial, Reputational, Medical, Legal, Intellectual, Spiritual, and Sexual. Rough non comprehensive list. Just as there are that many ways to cause harm to an individual, there are many ways to "harm" a Govt or a Country as well. Physical harm to a country would be going to war where Tanks and Bombs are used. The important thing here is that each of those ways can be used as a means of Control. If we do not want violence against our Govt, other methods of the People retaining control over the Govt is needed. If we acted on Violence ONLY, there would be no elections, and people would Riot every time they wanted some very subtle change. Goes back to Broken Window Fallacy. Thus, others measures of Control by the People need to be in place. One of the most important ways is Financial. If people start getting pissed off about something, they can choose to stop paying taxes and cut off the thing the Beast needs to survive. This is where Central Banks come into play. The Central Bank removes the dependancy of the Govt on the taxes of the people as a measure of Control. Just as many people are completely dependant on Govt for things and those people are "more controllable" due to that dependancy, the Govt can be controlled much in the same way. The existence of the Federal Reserve Bank, and any Central Bank eliminates that dependancy. Thus, the Govt of any nation with a Central Bank will be dependant on that Central Bank, thus, the Control of the Govt rests with that Central Bank and not to its People.

We often complain about the abuses of Govt power. But what we dont really ask as frequently is HOW our Police were Militarized. The Militarization requires physical tools (a form of harm) in Guns, Tanks, SWAT Gear, etc, and since each physical thing is a Good that someone must produce, monetary compensation needs to be provided for that gear that is given to the Police. We sure as $#@! are not going to produce that stuff here, so our Govt borrows tons of money and a lot of this $#@! gets made in China, Taiwan, or Mexico. If we had a Govt that was completely dependant on Income Taxes, we never would have had a Militarization of Police to begin with to the degree it exists today. It simply could NOT be funded. Bite the hand that feeds you comes to mind, relevant with both funding Govt through Income Taxes or Govt dependancy on its Central Bank.

Central Banks, with their Control over Govt created by Money Dependancy do not want to give up this power. Govts do NOT want to be held accountable to their people. This is one of the reasons we see every Greivance as stated in the Declaration not only remaining unresolved, but escalating in severity. From one perspective, most people understand that neither Votes or Taxes can be used to hold a Govt accountable for its actions. They look at that list of ways to cause harm to an individual and try to select something else from that List. And first on the list is Physical Harm. IE, Revolution. But there are other ways that a Govt can be reigned in. Lists of Harm for Govt and Countries are a bit different than the list for an Individual. Emotional Harm obviously does not apply. Financial (Taxation) does, and Physical does. Supply of Tools that enable Tyranny is one that doesnt apply to an individual, but does apply on a much larger scale. The Militarized Police come from their supply of Tools and ability to purchase those Tools. And the NSA is also a Tool. Nukes are Tools. Code Enforcers are Tools. Propoganda is a Tool. They all require funding, and they all require that each Tool be used for its intended purpose.

To make this post relevant, this is exactly why Tracking of Individuals is so important to Govt. Invasion of Privacy is a Tool for Govt Control, a Govt which is in turn, Controlled by its Central Bank. Central Banks think they OWN the People, and Govt is their Tool for control of those People. EVERY Invasion of Privacy is an indirect result of the existence of a Central Bank. It can happen without a Central Bank, but not to the degree that it has happened here, today. But lets dig deeper. Since Control of Everything is the ultimate goal of those who want to own the world, literally, EVERY RIGHTS VIOLATION is a result of the existence of a Central Bank. As Endgame draws closer and closer, the extent to which the Rights of the People are violated can only continue to escalate. More people will be shot. More people imprisoned for ever escalating Crimes of Trivialtiy. More people will have their Rights violated. More forms of Spying will be applied. More poverty. More illness. More stupidity. More Rape. More starvation. More Dehumanizing the Human Livestock.

Its not a perfect analogy, but am I wrong on any of this?

(Note: This is not intended as a Call for Violence against our Govt, this is another Call for Balance between the Power of the Govt and the Power of the People.)
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Why don't you figure out how to balance a check book first and then get back to us about these complicated roads. FOAD
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How about states learning to slash funding in other sectors so that they can maintain their road infrastructure without Fed help. Arizona gets 45% of it's road money from the Fed. N.C. gets 25%.
    No one talks about cutting in one area to boost another. It's always more, more, more!
    The only way to accomplish this is to end their Money Supply, addressed in longwinded post above.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The only way to accomplish this is to end their Money Supply, addressed in longwinded post above.
    I've done my part. Four years running as a conscientious tax protester. I will not fund this empire.

Besides the constant goverment tracking, there are a few other things that bother me.

1. The economy depends on shipping goods from one place to another. This means government will create loopholes or exceptions. The laws should be applied as fairly as possible. Overtaxing one segment of society creates hardship and limits freedom.

2. Business needs to travel. Sales and tourism depend on travel. Driving is still the cheapest way for families to travel.

3. Per-mile taxes would harm the auto and energy industries. Jobs will be lost. I'm afraid innovation in technology (with all the layers of government regulation already in place) will not be economically feasible.

What this represents is a limitation of freedom for all but the very wealthy.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-14-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've done my part. Four years running as a conscientious tax protester. I will not fund this empire.
    I think there are two ways to interpret this:

• One: It doesnt matter if you do or dont pay taxes, they get their funding from elsewhere.
    • Two: Death by Unpayable Debt. Thus, not paying taxes can be effective because they will drown in their own debt.

Me? I lean toward Option 1, but that just leaves us less options.
    1776 > 1984

Taxing per mile is like raising income taxes across the board. This is a general tax on everyone so everyone will be affected. Thus both democratic and republican voters will be against this.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Here's one response:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I think there are two ways to interpret this:

• One: It doesnt matter if you do or dont pay taxes, they get their funding from elsewhere.
    • Two: Death by Unpayable Debt. Thus, not paying taxes can be effective because they will drown in their own debt.

Me? I lean toward Option 1, but that just leaves us less options.
    It really doesn't matter. Except to me. And that, to me, means everything.

Obviously, this has NOTHING to do with replenishing the 'Highway Trust Fund', and EVERYTHING to do with TOTAL SURVEILLANCE. The whole thing about "we have the technology" pretty much amounts to a $#@!ing Odometer, not a Govt Mandated GPS that REQUIRES you to violate your 5th Amendment Right so they can take more of what little you have left.
    It's a two for one with these asshats. Mo' money for them to spend, and Big Brother surveillance at the same time.

Replacing it would be “a more sustainable, stable funding source” tied to electronic tallies of each car’s miles driven.

To provide a test of that system, his other sponsored bill -- The Road Usage Fee Pilot Program -- would make grants to selected cities and states to conduct studies on “on implementing mileage-based fee systems.” (The Center for American Progress recommends that 10-15 states be involved.)

Possible methods for recording and reporting the number of miles traveled by a vehicle include an iPhone application, an onboard navigation device, or simply going to the local motor vehicle administration and having the odometer checked, Blumenauer said.

While the proposal has raised some concerns about privacy issues, its sponsor said the legislation ensures the privacy of drivers is protected [LOL!].

“We don't care where you go,” Blumenauer insisted. “We care how far you go.”

He also asserted that the technology could make life easier for drivers, as they could use it to pay for Amtrak, buses and parking (and even find the nearest open parking spot and determine how much it would cost to park there).
    Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ee_123292.html

“We don't care where you go,” Blumenauer insisted. “We care how far you go.”
    Then why do they care about anything MORE than an already existing Odometer?

Thats the Triple Whammy:

#1 End your Privacy
    #2 Take more Money
    #3 Three Felonies Per Day, probably to include Speeding
    1776 > 1984

same $#@!, another day.. BUT there is a motive...

Any time you see these 2 bit Marxist-Leninist puppets spewing the same rhetoric, you know there's plan put in motion. Remember, anytime government, regardless of party, has their cronies pushing the same public propaganda, you know it was covertly planned and a coordinated distribution through the public airwaves.

These 2 bit CON MEN and their operations are so easily revealed... to the diligent well informed, researching American.

Watch, watch either of the thieving 2 party dictatorship, they always start a timely/coordinated barking session on the same special interest issue, when the green light is given to go public... OH... and that includes their PR firms of corporate media shilling the same tune.

PS: ...AND IT ALWAYS includes stealing more money from the individual. HAH, LOOK BELOW... another liberal politician on Washington Journal Today, yes today, pushing for an increase in fuel taxes and taxing by the mile. Color me surprised you political amateurs

Washington Journal | C-SPAN
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-15-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Then why do they care about anything MORE than an already existing Odometer?

Thats the Triple Whammy:

#1 End your Privacy
    #2 Take more Money
    #3 Three Felonies Per Day, probably to include Speeding
    Don't forget the wars on us...

Any type of surveillance device will be used in whichever war is popular at the time...Drugs, terrorism, anti-government speech......

Wow, this Congressman is one of the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow, this Congressman is one of the worst!

Then suit up Earl. Their country needs you. Ours..not so much.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only a matter of time.

Bet your ass the self driving people pods will be taxed by the mile for all the added "safety infrastructure" required.

And not a $#@! will be given.

This phrase right here
    The policy development that I’m most excited about and that will reinforce the right practices for the future
    does not sound like it comes from someone who wants to ensure freedom for anyone.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

While the proposal has raised some concerns about privacy issues, its sponsor said the legislation ensures the privacy of drivers is protected

First they say Invasion of Privacy is no big deal because no one does anything with that data.

They say invasion of privacy is no big deal, if you're doing nothing wrong. (Thanks AF)

Then they say Invasion of Privacy is a good thing because they protect you from bad guys.

Then they say Invasion of Privacy needs to be expanded because you are probably a Criminal.

Then you are in Prison because of a Thought Crime, and that data was not only used, it was used against you.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 07-14-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    1776 > 1984

First they say Invasion of Privacy is no big deal because no one does anything with that data.

THen they say Invasion of Privacy is a good thing because they protect you from bad guys.

Then they say Invasion of Privacy needs to be expanded because you are probably a Criminal.

Then you are in Prison because of a Thought Crime, and that data was not only used, it was used against you.
    You forgot one step, somewhere between 1 and 2.

"They say invasion of privacy is no big deal, if you're doing nothing wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You forgot one step, somewhere between 1 and 2.

"They say invasion of privacy is no big deal, if you're doing nothing wrong."
    Agree. Fixed.
    1776 > 1984

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast