View Poll Results: Who do you hate more - Bush or Obama?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • George W. Bush

12 42.86%
  • Barack Obama

16 57.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you hate more - Bush or Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Dude is considering re-invading the country.
    Obama? Where do you see that? While he might slip in a few "advisers", I don't think Obama is crazy enough to do a full scale re-invasion of Iraq. His base doesn't want it, the country doesn't want it, except for the Establishment cronies. Because if there is one thing Obama cares about, it is that he will do the popular thing. Now Cheney, if he had any shame, he wouldn't show his face in public after the Iraq War debacle, but since he is back and nuttier than ever, I am convinced that either he is mentally ill and truly believes he is right, or he is really evil and wants permanent war. Either way, he would have launched a full scale re-invasion of Iraq even if 99% of the country said 'no' in the polls. So Obama > Cheney.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Obama? Where do you see that? While he might slip in a few "advisers", I don't think Obama is crazy enough to do a full scale re-invasion of Iraq. His base doesn't want it, the country doesn't want it, except for the Establishment cronies. Because if there is one thing Obama cares about, it is that he will do the popular thing. Now Cheney, if he had any shame, he wouldn't show his face in public after the Iraq War debacle, but since he is back and nuttier than ever, I am convinced that either he is mentally ill and truly believes he is right, or he is really evil and wants permanent war. Either way, he would have launched a full scale re-invasion of Iraq even if 99% of the country said 'no' in the polls. So Obama > Cheney.
    You have a lot of faith in the word of a man who has never told the truth in his life. As for me, I haven't drunk either flavor of the koolaid and I'm not about to.

Let's invade 2 nations and bomb 4 right out in the open vs lets invade 4 countries and bomb 8 all up in secret. Yeah, I'm not finding any real benefit to the second choice to recommend it to me over the first.

Let's invade 2 nations and bomb 4 right out in the open vs lets invade 4 countries and bomb 8 all up in secret. Yeah, I'm not finding any real benefit to the second choice to recommend it to me over the first.
    It has been my experience that the overtly evil individual is always less dangerous than the equally evil individual with a talent for fooling people into believing he's a good guy.

Of course, Dubya would have remained pretty good at fooling people that way if he had only kept Cheney locked up in the closet where he spent 2001-2002...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It has been my experience that the overtly evil individual is always less dangerous than the equally evil individual with a talent for fooling people into believing he's a good guy.

Of course, Dubya would have remained pretty good at fooling people that way if he had only kept Cheney locked up in the closet where he spent 2001-2002...
    Yeah, I'd rather see what the guy was doing to me than to have it sneak up and bite me in the rear. Doesn't mean I prefer W's either. He forged all the tools that Ohbombya is now using against us. Do I want another W to forge more tools, or another O to abuse the hell out of them?

Do I want to be shot in the head or in the heart?

"Neither" for a dollar please. None of the above, in fact. They both feed off of each other and are equally wrong in their own way.

You have a good point that the kind of evil that deceives people into seeming good, is particularly evil. I don't think we need examples of the unrejected messiahhood of the O doing that as that is his basic MO and most everybody recognizes it.

http://www.gop.com/act/i-miss-george-w-bush-t-shirt-43

http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I guess what I'm saying is even acknowledging that the worst part is how they deceive people, there is still not enough there to really recommend one team over the other. To judge better or worse here I would have to ask "who violated the Constitution more?"

Bush opened nearly all of the doors; and then Obama ran down the aisles of the China Shop in a BEARCAT. Who disrespected the Constitution more? Seems to me they share an equal burden here.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Obama has normalized the policies of Bush and Cheney et. al. He has expanded many of them. From assassinating American citizens, to his drone program, to signature strikes, to the use of Title 50 rather than Title 10 with regards to JSOC and their ever expanding endeavors into torture, assassination and regime change.

He isn't better. If anything he's worse. But I despise neoconservatives and the war mongering pigs so much that I cannot possibly say that. Besides, the sorts of evil these particular individuals are responsible for really need not be compared. It is atrocious how they joke and laugh, lavishly living and squandering wealth. They ought be tried, together, at the Hague.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Boy, I don't know. There's just so much to hate about both. On one hand, Bush ruined conservatism, handed oodles of money to entrenched corporations and banks and started wars that have destroyed millions of lives and wasted trillions of dollars. On the other hand, Obama ruined liberalism, handed oodles of money to entrenched corporations and banks, continued the wars though on a slightly smaller scale, killed an American without trial, and brought in Obamacare, the worst piece of economic legislation in American history.

It amounts to a distinction without a difference.

I'd have to say that Obama is a more colossally terrible president, but only because he had the opportunity to stand on the shoulders of giant.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Obama has normalized the policies of Bush and Cheney et. al. He has expanded many of them. From assassinating American citizens, to his drone program, to signature strikes, to the use of Title 50 rather than Title 10 with regards to JSOC and their ever expanding endeavors into torture, assassination and regime change.

He isn't better. If anything he's worse. But I despise neoconservatives and the war mongering pigs so much that I cannot possibly say that. Besides, the sorts of evil these particular individuals are responsible for really need not be compared. It is atrocious how they joke and laugh, lavishly living and squandering wealth. They ought be tried, together, at the Hague.
    I tend to agree with you, though imagine a situation in which Obama were president prior to Bush. Do you think Obama wouldn't have gone to war in Afghanistan, and attempted to nation-build? He certainly would have. Would he have gone to war in Iraq? That might be debateable. My guess is that he would have continued the attacks of Clinton, and attempted to nation-build in other middle eastern, african, and central Asian nations. You know he would have unflinchingly used and abused the Patriot Act. You know nothing would be different with the NSA, torture, Gitmo, etc. You know we'd have Obamacare.

And if Bush came later, do you think he would have put an end to the nation building? No way. Do you think he would have undid Obamacare? No way. He pushed for Medicare Part D. Would he have done anything different with the domestic spying? Would he have cared about the Bill of Rights?

If you swap their time in office, I don't know how much different things would be now. Saddam might still be alive, but Assad and others might not be. As a matter of policy, there'd be no fundamental change. The details of how it were put into action might be somewhat different, but in aggregate, America would be in the same position, and I think that statement is accurate if we'd had 16 years of Bush or 16 years of Obama.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 07-16-2014 at 11:24 AM.

I won't waste my hate on pointless puppets.

Hate the puppet-masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Hate the puppet-masters.
    The culpable are culpable.

$#@! em all.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Like others, I don't like to put it all on the head puppet. Just a useful idiot in a suit with a security detail.

I could not vote in the poll because Bush + Obama= HillaryJeb

I don't hate Bush.

Where is the choice to hate those who pull BOTH their strings? They are chess pieces, not players.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I love em both. They are/were the best candidates to run the country into the ground. If more respectable people had be elected I'd be far to old to survive the economic collapse and upcoming Armageddon as probably would take 20 years longer. Now, just need Hillary in 2016, and you can retreat to your bunkers, and prepare chaos.

It should stabilize in a decade, and then can grow old in relative peace.

I just can't decide between evilist and evilist-er. :-/
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

I can't decide, so I'll just add this silly video.... speaking of puppets.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Do you think Obama wouldn't have gone to war in Afghanistan, and attempted to nation-build? He certainly would have. Would he have gone to war in Iraq? That might be debateable (sic).
    Of course he would have. Hussein was going off the petrodollar. You seem to be missing a point. The strings are pulled. What difference does it make what the puppet's name is? Hussein tried to deny the petrodollar and he went down.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Hate the puppet-masters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

The American people supported the policies that Bush and Obama support. Aslong as the American people is statist hating individual politicians will not make any difference since their replacements will also be statist. The road to liberty is in convincing our brothers and sisters to believe in liberty. I don't hate Bush or Obama and neither should you, they're only human beings with political views shared by millions of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach View Post
    The American people supported the policies that Bush and Obama support. Aslong as the American people is statist hating individual politicians will not make any difference since their replacements will also be statist. The road to liberty is in convincing our brothers and sisters to believe in liberty. I don't hate Bush or Obama and neither should you, they're only human beings with political views shared by millions of Americans.
    This is true. As well, hate is such a strong word. Is also contradictory when we see that many people continue to support those who would continue implementing the policies in which they have established during their service. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast in the two party system. Everyone claims to be about changing things just to hurry up and get elected but do nothing in terms of changing the course of history once they're in. Even the more popular and so called "libertarian" leaning candidates remain loyal to espousing establishment rhetoric as they continue to grow comfortable in the atmoshpere of the mainstream media where most of the interference is run for the establishment parties and interests. Hopefully one day in the future speaking of changing the course of history will be as important as just trying to hurry up and get elected. I think that the day is approaching as we continue to see a mass/global migration from mainstream middlemen doing the asking and people are starting to get the facts directly from the ground. This renders the interference and grandstanding useless. But you're right. The people will always get what they ask for. Every time. Even if they don't truly understand what it is that they are fooled into asking. You know? We ask, you decide and all of that?

Heck, there really is very little difference in Obama and Bush.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-29-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Truthfully, I never imagined in my wildest dreams I would hate anyone more than George Bush. I even told my son in 2007; no way Obama could be a worse President ... Man was I ever wrong.. I fell for the kewl daddy, soul man from whence know one knows of his origin ... I loved his transparent government, lol ... As a civil rights activist since the 1970's, I loved seeing a man of color emerge as President ... I know now his entire presidency was built on lies ... The biggest joke ever perpetrated upon the American people to prove just how ignorant we are... Would you have ever imagined in your lifetime, a gay black man from somewhere (no one really knows where), emerging to become President of the United States married to a Transvestite? I'm not a homophobe, but I point out just how dumb the electorate is to vote for someone they don't know chit about ... We have a President and a First Transy, from where I have no clue. All I know is the ODD Couple is here to harm the country, and there are no more than five in the Congress with any balls to stop them.
    That's the first I've heard of the gay/tranny reference. Got any sources?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

From reading the thread it seems like the consensus is that the president doesn't matter because the puppet masters behind the scenes are really in control. So why do you people think that putting "our" candidate in charge will make a difference?

As much as I despise Obama, at least he has shown some restraint in foreign policy. If Bush was still in charge, I have no doubt we would be knee-deep in Persian blood right now. There are few people alive I hate worse than mass-murdering psychopath, George W. Bush.
    Last edited by Saint Vitus; 07-29-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    From reading the thread it seems like the consensus is that the president doesn't matter because of the puppet masters behind the scenes are really in control. So why do you people think that putting "our" candidate in charge will make a difference?
    Haven't yet determind who is "us" exactly yet.

It seems to me that we're just being stimulated to run interference for the establishment in order to benefit the GOP as a whole. Much different phenomenon now that the statesman is no longer running. We see more establishment party folks playing the role of "us" but I don't buy it. Especially when we continue to hear the same old tired establishment party rhetoric. The old "Oh, that's just a lil game we're playing" is also tired and transparent.

The world is on fire and we want to play "games" instead of providing an honest and transparent assessment relevant to our understanding of geopolitical scope. This says one of two things.

There is something to be said for lower level projects and getting elected at the local level but on the larger front, I think it's just a matter of keeping the two party system fighting over who gets to crack the whip on the people.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-29-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Haven't yet determind whi is "us" exactly yet.

It seems to me that we're just running interference for the establishment in order to benefit the GOP as a whole. Much different phenomenon now that the statesman is no longer running. We see more establishment party folks playing the role of "us" but I don't buy it. Espoecially when we continue to hear the same old tired establishment party rhetoric. The old "Oh, that's just a lil game we're playing" is also tired and transparent.
    Agreed! Once again... I don't see youtube videos with millions of hits for Rand. I don't see "Rand Paul cured my Apathy" TShirts.

Ron > Rand
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

We didn't start the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Then how does it make you feel that Obama (YOU, the TAXPAYER) is funding obama al qaeda? Just curious why anyone would suggest Obama may have a hint of worthiness, allowing your phones to be tapped, allowing invasion of our southern border, touchy, feeling chit on granny at the airport, drone strikes everywhere and anywhere, in the name of saving us from al qaeda when your tax dollars are funding it ... What about the Southern Border, where Homeland Security has opened the gates for terrorists and drug cartels to enter; while keeping border patrol busy, under gag orders, changing diapers ..

Obama is an extreme muslim terrorist ... How you can't see this, I will never know. George Bush is mentally retarded ... Obama is a Criminal Illegal Alien that should be in prison, along with his husband.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't stand either.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Why waste my hate on an ex-president and a lame duck? The poll should be "Who do you hate more? Chris Christie or Hillary Clinton?" And frankly I don't hate anyway. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places."
    I understand that this is the correct position, but I do hate scumbags that murder hundreds of thousands and destroy our liberty. I guess its just one of those Romans 3:23 flaws.

So we should prefer the bigger liar because his lies sound nicer?
    I think Obama's a touch more moderate on foreign policy. Its a hair, it really is, but if you're going to rank establishment loons, you kind of have to rank based on hairs.

Its not a significant difference, it really isn't. I would never have oted for either. But if you put a gun to my head, I'd take a third term of Obama over a third term of Bush. I think the latter would be more likely to start a war with Iran, and when both options suck for us domestically, I'm going to marginally prefer the option that will kill less foreigners. Of course, I' rather see them both treid and executed for murder, but if I have to pick between the two, I'm saying Obama is a touch less bad than Bush. That may be partially because I'm personally sick of conservative drones actually thinking Bush is a good President. I'm not exposed to the liberal drones as often being in evangelical circles. And I hold Christians far more accountable for who they support and what they believe than non-Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I understand that this is the correct position, but I do hate scumbags that murder hundreds of thousands and destroy our liberty. I guess its just one of those Romans 3:23 flaws.

I think Obama's a touch more moderate on foreign policy. Its a hair, it really is, but if you're going to rank establishment loons, you kind of have to rank based on hairs.

Its not a significant difference, it really isn't. I would never have oted for either. But if you put a gun to my head, I'd take a third term of Obama over a third term of Bush. I think the latter would be more likely to start a war with Iran, and when both options suck for us domestically, I'm going to marginally prefer the option that will kill less foreigners. Of course, I' rather see them both treid and executed for murder, but if I have to pick between the two, I'm saying Obama is a touch less bad than Bush. That may be partially because I'm personally sick of conservative drones actually thinking Bush is a good President. I'm not exposed to the liberal drones as often being in evangelical circles. And I hold Christians far more accountable for who they support and what they believe than non-Christians.
    I think if Dick Cheney was mentioned, more here would prefer Biden over him. With Bush, you get his whole NeoCon cabinet. Granted Holder and Obama's other people are bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12