Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cop shoots at dog...hits 10 year old boy.

SUE!

I wonder how far away this is from baby boo.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the situation of how the child was shot remains somewhat unclear.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This too. Wtf? The state shoots at the mundanes for this now?

They said he wandered into the trailer park and had made friendly conversation with some of the residents there.
    Don't befriend anyone new. It could be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wonder what happened to the dog that was running at him....
    dangerous to whom?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    This too. Wtf? The state shoots at the mundanes for this now?

Don't befriend anyone new. It could be dangerous.
    Well, the guy shot a member of the protected class (a cop) -- so of course anyone who associates with him is fair game for gang revenge.

While there are some facts we are missing in this situation, it can be determined by the few facts that are available that the officer is 100% at fault, and should be criminally charged accordingly.

It's quite simple, really. The officer claims that he was compelled to fire his weapon simply because a dog was running up to him. This obviously presents a slew of problems. First, if I were to have shot all the dogs that ran up to me over the years, I'd have killed scores of dogs. Any attempt to side with the officer's judgement on this case is demolished simply by what happened after his bullet missed the dog: i.e. he was not bitten or attacked by the he attempted to execute. So even if he had hit his supposedly intended target, it still would have been an unjust killing of an animal. In this case, he should be charged with Aggravated Cruelty of Animals which is a felony in the state of Georgia. Or, at the very least, he should be charged with conspiracy to commit this aforementioned crime.

But it gets worse, or course. Upon attempting to commit a felony while armed, said officer also proceeds maims a child. This situation is neatly defined in Georgia as Aggravated Assault, which carries a minimum sentence of 1 year in prison.

Spreading mayhem while dressed in a uniform and badge is still spreading mayhem.

Updates?

I noted that the name of the deputy was not released.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That may account for some of it, but in my mind the clear answer is the training.

Cops are taught and they train and they think they are soldiers behind enemy lines, and that every one of us are not citizens, with rights to be respected above everything else, but enemy hostiles.
    I think this is because a lot of them were taught and trained to be soldiers for the president's invasion forces and then when they come back so many of them go into "law enforcement". They should be deemed ineligible for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That may account for some of it, but in my mind the clear answer is the training.

Cops are taught and they train and they think they are soldiers behind enemy lines, and that every one of us are not citizens, with rights to be respected above everything else, but enemy hostiles.

The problem isn't military training... I'm not a combat vet; however, I was a military policeman. I understood that I was subordinate to the civilian populace; however, the problem is the ones who are not military vets do not understand that they serve the public—in fact, they are taught that we are "possible hostiles" and to be treated as such until properly "identified"... I $#@! you not... this is what we went through when I was a reserve deputy sheriff after the military.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for another thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12