Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop shoots at dog...hits 10 year old boy.

Cop shoots at dog...hits 10 year old boy.

DOUGLAS, GA (WALB) -
    Coffee County Sheriff Doyle Wooten confirmed late Thursday night that a 10-year-old boy was shot while investigators stormed the scene where they said the suspect in a shooting traveled to.

Douglas Police Chief Gary Casteloes said the suspect, who shot an officer in the leg, was captured around 7:30 p.m. The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Christopher Barnett.
    Investigators said Barnett was found outside a home in a trailer park on Burton Road in the Bethel community outside Douglas. They said he wandered into the trailer park and had made friendly conversation with some of the residents there.

The family who lives on the property said their 10-year-old son was shot in the back of the knee. Sheriff Wooten later confirmed that the boy, identified by the family as Dakota Corbitt, had been shot by one of the deputies at the scene.

The bullet entered from the back of the knee and exited out of the front of the child's leg. He was initially taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment, but was later sent to Savannah Memorial Hospital for surgery.

But the situation of how the child was shot remains somewhat unclear.

Sheriff Wooten said a deputy, who was not named, was on approaching the property when a dog ran up to him. The deputy's gun fired one shot, missing the dog and hitting the child. It was not immediately clear if the gun was actively fired by the deputy.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was called to investigate the shooting.
    http://www.walb.com/story/25991974/s...spect-captured

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The deputy's gun fired one shot, missing the dog and hitting the child. It was not immediately clear if the gun was actively fired by the deputy.

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

WTF?
    Manufacturing defect. Hero won't be charged with child endangerment.

WTF?
    Of course they would never just admit that they were wrong and irresponsible. As always the blame will be shifted elsewhere.

WTF?
    I read it as actively=intentionally. Hopefully that is what they mean - because that could very well be the case. If he quickly drew his weapon and accidentally pulled the trigger while doing so.

The interesting thing to watch is if he will want to retire from the force after this or if he will fight to stay on. I'd think shooting a 10 year old and seriously maiming him would be traumatic. I couldn't imagine wanting to keep the job after doing something like that.

WTF?
    WTF ? is right

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    I read it as actively=intentionally. Hopefully that is what they mean - because that could very well be the case. If he quickly drew his weapon and accidentally pulled the trigger while doing so.

The interesting thing to watch is if he will want to retire from the force after this or if he will fight to stay on. I'd think shooting a 10 year old and seriously maiming him would be traumatic. I couldn't imagine wanting to keep the job after doing something like that.
    Wake up dude, he is in for a raise.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I wonder what happened to the dog that was running at him....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wonder what happened to the dog that was running at him....
    Could be the alleged dog was just as fictitious as the self-shooting firearm...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any of us would be thrown in prison for LIFE for simply having a gun around a child, let alone discharge said firearm unsafely or actually hit someone else with it. I think the real child in this case was probably the officer that tried to shoot the dog to begin with, regardless of his actual age in years. Adult-olescent?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

WTF?
    LOL, I know right?

N
    O
    W
    !
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Prediction:

5 extra charges for suspect Christopher Barnett for endangering the child.
    Pay raise to 6 figure baseline and paid time off for officer friendly.
    Trailerpark child in wheel chair gets $10,000 in settlment.
    Same dog shot dead within a year.
    Another dog dead in 98 minutes.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Inevitable.

Bull$#@!.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Sheriff Wooten later confirmed that the boy, identified by the family as Dakota Corbitt, had been shot by one of the deputies at the scene.

[]

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The deputy's gun fired one shot, missing the dog and hitting the child. It was not immediately clear if the gun was actively fired by the deputy.
    I hope the gun was put on paid leave and was given a stern talking to.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Law enforcement = Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Law enforcement = Chaos.
    That's just what I was thinking.

The man on the run made "friendly conversation".

The cops show up, hut hut about, raise hell, shoot at an innocent family's dog, miss, and hit an innocent 10 year old kid.

All because they were amped up and out of control because one of theirs got shot previously.

New advice to add, in addition to never talking to cops:

If you are near an area where cops are searching for an alleged cop shooter: hit the $#@!ing dirt.

Avoid them at all costs at that point.

Do whatever you need to do, in order to prevent ANY contact with the state's forces at that point.

There have now been numerous cases where a whole squad of cops will storm into a location, or upon a vehicle, and light up the whole damn place with hundreds of rounds fired.

They have been taught and trained and had hammered into them that they are in a warzone, that this is war, that every person they meet is a "hostile" to be neutralized at the slightest hint of trouble.

They will shoot and kill anything that moves, and will not give a flying $#@! about innocent people in the crossfire or directly targeted by mistake.

But, but the children..........

$#@!s.

I'm surprised it hasn't been happening with greater frequency.

Was a matter of time, I suppose.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

But, but the children..........
    Gotta shoot those kids to save those kids.

"Should not have brought his kids to a warzone".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's just what I was thinking.

The man on the run made "friendly conversation".

The cops show up, hut hut about, raise hell, shoot at an innocent family's dog, miss, and hit an innocent 10 year old kid.

All because they were amped up and out of control because one of theirs got shot previously.

New advice to add, in addition to never talking to cops:

If you are near an area where cops are searching for an alleged cop shooter: hit the $#@!ing dirt.

Avoid them at all costs at that point.

Do whatever you need to do, in order to prevent ANY contact with the state's forces at that point.

There have now been numerous cases where a whole squad of cops will storm into a location, or upon a vehicle, and light up the whole damn place with hundreds of rounds fired.

They have been taught and trained and had hammered into them that they are in a warzone, that this is war, that every person they meet is a "hostile" to be neutralized at the slightest hint of trouble.

They will shoot and kill anything that moves, and will not give a flying $#@! about innocent people in the crossfire or directly targeted by mistake.

Would you guess 'roid rage or just cops being cops, comrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Would you guess 'roid rage or just cops being cops, comrade?
    That may account for some of it, but in my mind the clear answer is the training.

Cops are taught and they train and they think they are soldiers behind enemy lines, and that every one of us are not citizens, with rights to be respected above everything else, but enemy hostiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That may account for some of it, but in my mind the clear answer is the training.

Cops are taught and they train and they think they are soldiers behind enemy lines, and that every one of us are not citizens, with rights to be respected above everything else, but enemy hostiles.
    I've noticed modern police training rather resembles an army boot camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could be the alleged dog was just as fictitious as the self-shooting firearm...

No doubt. I would not be surprised if he shot at the kid on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Prediction:

5 extra charges for suspect Christopher Barnett for endangering the child.
    Pay raise to 6 figure baseline and paid time off for officer friendly.
    Trailerpark child in wheel chair gets $10,000 in settlment.
    Same dog shot dead within a year.
    Another dog dead in 98 minutes.
    I'll predict the 10-year-old gets arrested for interfering with an arrest, at which point they will start beating up his mom while screaming "Stop resisting!" at her.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States
    Somebody +Rep that for me, Im out of ammo ATM...

(note: made font bigger on quote)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I was expecting the rest of the title to read "... boy gets charged with obstructing justice"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Official investigation may reveal that the malfunctioning firearm was not the cause of that child's bum knee and lifetime long limp.

Blaming the Gun, Not the Shooter — Especially if He’s a Cop
    William Norman Grigg

Proponents of civilian disarmament will often describe a gun as an entity possessing an independent will and a capacity for malice –as in the phrase, “Guns kill children,” as opposed to “Guns can be used to kill — or to save — children.” People of that persuasion do not seek the abolition of firearms, but rather the creation of a state monopoly on firearms ownership, which means that they must consider firearms in the hands of armed state agents as mystically immune to their otherwise irrepressibly murderous impulses.

Alas, guns aren’t reliably benign even in the consecrated hands of the state’s duly commissioned agents of officially sanctioned violence. This is why we frequently read about police-owned guns killing our wounding innocent people. This is apparently what happened recently in Douglas, Georgia: As police searched for a suspect in a nearby shooting, 10-year-old was shot during a raid by sheriff’s deputies. According to Sheriff Doyle Wooten, the still-unnamed deputy was “approaching the property when a dog ran up to him. The deputy’s gun fired one shot, missing the dog and hitting the child. It was not immediately clear if the gun was actively fired by the deputy.” (Emphasis added.) It’s certain that the suspect won’t be permitted to take refuge in the same contrived ambiguity.

Fortunately, the child managed to survive this most recent example of the curious phenomenon of spontaneous self-discharge by guns in the hands of police officers.

10:54 am on July 12, 2014
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...-if-hes-a-cop/

Related article: When Guns In Police Hands Spontaneously Fire Themselves

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...re-themselves/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast