Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rick Perry slams Rand Paul's 'isolationist policies' in Washington Post op-ed

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    Rick Perry will be Fox News Sunday and Face the Nation tomorrow: http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-sla...191225475.html

Man the Twitters and the Facebooks, Perry will probably be on the attack
    Face The Neocon Nation was more than happy to lead Perry on the attack, prompt him and give him as much time as he wanted to use.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish this was right, unfortunately I have so little faith in the electorate that I think they will pick Perry for his new glasses. The choice is clear to liberty lovers, which is by far not most republicans. The crowd that is more interested in American Idol than the state of our country will screw us again I'm afraid.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Rick Perry wrote an Op-Ed attacking Rand for three reasons.

1) He's running for President in 2016.

2) He's concerned about the growing "isolationism" within the Republican Party.

3) Ummm, he can't remember the third reason.

I can't wait for primary season.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Face The Neocon Nation was more than happy to lead Perry on the attack, prompt him and give him as much time as he wanted to use.
    Saw it. The Progs are more than hŕppy to get the Necons foaming at the mouth.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Perry's neoconservative advisers...

Rick Perry, the “hawk internationalist”

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    - Douglas Feith (Bush, Perry adviser)
    - William Luti (Perry adviser)
    - Andrew McCarthy (Perry adviser)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Saw it. The Progs are more than hŕppy to get the Necons foaming at the mouth.
    XNN
    Well, since McCain is vowing to lead the warmongers into Hillary's camp when we get Rand Paul nominated, those same progs are about to find out that they're the neocons now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

From what I've read in comments on the articles covering this, almost all of them have been pro Rand. I think a Perry attack is an even bigger blessing than a Cheney attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Having worked as a correctional officer, let me be the first to say Perry's glasses look just like the ones issued to the inmates. I've seen them a million times, lol. Wonder which prison he got his from.
    Maybe a promotional freebie from a prison-industrial-complex lobbyist? Isn't Texas one of those states where stealing a Milky Way bar gets you 30 years to life?
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-13-2014 at 07:08 PM.

F'K Rich Perry... He is only in it for the drugs. I can take one look at him, and know he can't pass a stink test ... Just like Boehner, Reid, Obama, Holder, Pelosi ... None of these people can pass a piss test ... and only a court order would force them too. But doubt the judges could pass a piss test either. Any ideas why these criminals in the Federal Government are not required to take a piss test, when Walmart employees are?

Interesting question to ask. We should be demanding it.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...oreign-policy/

Reading Perry’s uninspired op-ed, I was reminded of a finding in Pew’s recent political typology report. According to the survey, there was a major difference in priorities between the two conservative groups that Pew identified. The more socially conservative populist group, which Pew dubbed “steadfast conservatives,” was heavily in favor of a less activist foreign policy and wanted the U.S. to “focus more at home.” This contrasted sharply with the preferences of “business conservatives.” Another group, the so-called “young outsiders,” were also found to be a “a right leaning group” with generally more libertarian views, and they were even more likely than either conservative group to say that the U.S. should “focus more at home”:

The two groups on the right that heavily favor less activism abroad account for 30% of all registered voters, while “business conservatives” make up just 12%. Based on Perry’s latest arguments, and his past record as governor and as a presidential candidate, it’s fair to say that he very much identifies with “business conservatives” in terms of policies and priorities, which puts him squarely in the same tradition as the last two losing Republican nominees. Positioning himself as an advocate for foreign policy activism also puts Perry on the wrong side of a very large number of people that normally vote Republican. Perry may be betting that this is the right way to curry favor with party elites, but it is very likely to backfire with Republican voters if he makes the mistake of running again.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    Thank GOD - I was hoping he would do this. Every position taken by Rick "Adding-hipster-glasses-to-make-people-forget-how-stupid-I-am" Perry is immediately discredited.

I wonder who his ghostwriter was for this little number...
    I wonder if someone close to Rand saw this thread before Rand included the dig at Perry's glasses in his op-ed

Last edited by LibertyEsq; 07-14-2014 at 10:12 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Having worked as a correctional officer, let me be the first to say Perry's glasses look just like the ones issued to the inmates. I've seen them a million times, lol. Wonder which prison he got his from.
    Here's a good close up of the glasses. Is it a confirmed Texas prison-industrial complex standard issue?

Last edited by anaconda; 07-14-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123