Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID - Cop shoots dog confined in man's van

Exclamation ID - Cop shoots dog confined in man's van

All because a busybody dropped a dime on an innocent man.

See Something Say Something.

Cop shoots dog in a parked van, claims it was lunging, vicious pit bull

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/i...in-parked-van/

COEUR D’ALENE, ID — An officer shot and killed a dog that was waiting for its owner inside of a parked van. The officer later claimed it ‘lunged’ at him, but it was also revealed that he had his gun drawn the entire time.

The dog’s owner was Craig Jones, who was sitting inside a nearby restaurant eating breakfast at the time of the shooting. His black Labrador, ‘Arfie,’ was waiting inside his van, with a window half-opened for ventilation.

A Coeur D’Alene police officer approached the vehicle, apparently because someone called police to report it being a ‘suspicious’ white van that bore similarities to one related to a child-luring case. The unnamed officer went in with his gun already drawn, KREM 2 News reported.

Arfie sat in the van, anticipating his owner’s return. The officer claims that Arfie then “lunged” at him, and he shot the dog in the chest. Arfie died.

A photograph of the scene showed that the bullet had actually traveled through glass to reach the dog.

The officer recorded his actions as necessary to protect himself from a “vicious pit bull,” when the truth was that he killed a black Lab sitting in a parked car. Mr. Jones said the shooting was unbelievable and his dog did not have a mean bone in his body.

It is difficult to precisely understand the urge that certain police officers feel as they unnecessarily shoot people’s pets while invading their space. It seems apparent, however, that if an officer is too jumpy to restrain his trigger finger when facing a pet, he is a clear liability for using unneeded force against human beings.

There has been no word on the officer’s identity or the department’s intention to fire or discipline him.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-10-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These $#@!s knew it wasn't a "pitbull", but they know that saying it was one will cause people who might have otherwise been concerned about it to go "meh, it was a pitbull, it probably needed to be shot!".

And as far as the cop having his gun drawn the whole time, I saw an example of it this past week, a neighbor's dog had gotten out and was clawing at their front door wanting in, and a cop pulled up and already had his Glock in hand as he was getting out of the car. I guess non-lethal means like pepper spray don 't even have to be considered when you are cleared to shoot 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    These $#@!s knew it wasn't a "pitbull", but they know that saying it was one will cause people who might have otherwise been concerned about it to go "meh, it was a pitbull, it probably needed to be shot!".

And as far as the cop having his gun drawn the whole time, I saw an example of it this past week, a neighbor's dog had gotten out and was clawing at their front door wanting in, and a cop pulled up and already had his Glock in hand as he was getting out of the car. I guess non-lethal means like pepper spray don 't even have to be considered when you are cleared to shoot 100% of the time.
    And I'm sure he was there because somebody "reported" the loose dog.

This goes here:

The vast majority of Gestapo informers were not full-term informers working undercover, but were rather ordinary citizens who for whatever reason chose to denounce those they knew to the Gestapo.

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was—for the most part—made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information. Gellately argued that it was because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933 and 1945 was a prime example of panopticism. Indeed, the Gestapo—at times—was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo

SMFH. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    SMFH. :'(
    Any encounter with a cop...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ya know, being terrified of a dog in a car that obviously can't get anywhere near you was a trait more typical of small children and the mentally/psychologically disabled when I was younger. If a mundane had done this, it would be cause to question his mind and or intelligence. With cops, we know they already just scrape the bottom of the figurative barrel to hire thugs...so lack of intelligence and/or maturity is a given. Sad state of affairs, but that what we get when Boobus outnumbers the rest of us...and can vote for the anti-drug warriors, crime warriors, and various other mobsters. :P
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Should be met with preemptive force since it's a huge gamble whether you will survive the encounter if you submit?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

98 minutes later...
    Last edited by Root; 07-10-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: minutes/seconds smh

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    another article on this -- the owner has the wrong idea though, the cop should be at the bottom of a lake ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1862334

Idaho cop shoots, kills adorable black Lab named Arfee after mistaking him for aggressive pit bull

BY Nicole Hensley
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, July 10, 2014, 4:19 PM

The 2-year-old pup Arfee was hanging out in his owner's van when a trigger-happy cop mistook him for a far larger, more aggressive dog.
    An Idaho police officer shot what he thought was a lunging pit bull, but the owner says it was a black Lab named Arfee.

The owner, Craig Jones, was eating lunch at a nearby restaurant in Coeur d'Alene when the shooting happened and can't believe his best buddy is gone.

"This cop left a hole in both that can't be fixed," Jones wrote on Facebook. "If it wasn't for my desire to face him in court and strip him of his badge, I would probably be at the bottom of the lake."

Loud barking spooked a Coeur d'Alene police officer on Wednesday morning into shooting a dog sitting in the driver's seat of a parked van after a caller reported a suspicious vehicle parked in the area.

The officer walked right up to the white van with his gun drawn because he believed the driver may have been watching children in the area and trying to lure them, according to a Spokane TV station, KREM-TV.

However, the van was empty of any offenders. There was only Arfee trying to stick his head out of the window barking at the officer's face, so he fired one shot at the pup's chest through the partially closed window.

The dog died shortly after.

snip

However, the van was empty of any offenders. There was only Arfee trying to stick his head out of the window barking at the officer's face, so he fired one shot at the pup's chest through the partially closed window.

"$#@!ing Mundane mutt has the nerve to bark at me??!! $#@! You!!" *BANG* - Officer Friendly

Why do People Abuse Animals?

Psychological Reasons
    The activities related to intentional abuse have deep connections to some severe psychological problems. Surveys conducted on psychiatric patients reveal that people with psychopathic personality disorders have a tendency to torture pets and other small animals. This type of behavior is termed as zoosadism and such people may show similar aggression towards humans as well. It is often found that children and adolescents who show cruelty towards their pet dogs and cats have actually undergone some abusive behavior themselves or have witnessed some forms of abuse.
    Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/why-d...e-animals.html

"$#@!ing Mundane mutt has the nerve to bark at me??!! $#@! You!!" *BANG* - Officer Friendly
    Could well be what happened, the cop was all amped up thinking he had found a kiddy diddler's van, then the dog barked and startled him -- pissing him off and sending him into a rage.

A purely vindictive "$#@! you" kind of thing. Why?

Because they can.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-10-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Could well be what happened, the cop was all amped up thinking he had found a kiddy diddler's van
    Except there was no $#@!ing "kiddy diddler in the first place..

All there was,,, was an anonymous call from someone who either has a grudge against this guy,, or who sees buggers behind every bush.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    The Coeur d'Alene Police Department is currently reviewing the officer involved shooting of a dog that occurred yesterday (July 9th) at 821 Sherman Ave. Animal Control officers originally identified the dog as a pit bull. The Police Department had a veterinarian examine the dog and it has been identified as a lab mix.

We understand the grief the family is dealing with due to the loss of their pet. We also understand the distress this has caused for citizens.

The officer who shot the dog is also distraught over this incident.

The Police Department has received voicemails and emails threatening in manner toward this officer and the other officers that work for the City of Coeur d'Alene.

For these reasons the name of the officer that shot the dog will not be released today.

Chief of Police Ron Clark has made it clear this incident will be investigated and reviewed for policy and legal compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Except there was no $#@!ing "kiddy diddler in the first place..

All there was,,, was an anonymous call from someone who either has a grudge against this guy,, or who sees buggers behind every bush.
    It sounds like this was not a deliberate "SWATTING" but just another case of "See Something Say Something" busybodies calling cops and $#@!ing up somebody's life.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It sounds like this was not a deliberate "SWATTING" but just another case of "See Something Say Something" busybodies calling cops and $#@!ing up somebody's life.
    Hard to tell the difference.. with an anonymous accusation..

To my thinking,, the caller should be held accountable along with the shooter.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Hard to tell the difference.. with an anonymous accusation..

To my thinking,, the caller should be held accountable along with the shooter.
    I agree and they should be liable to civil suits.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Most of the comments are against the cop.

Joe is cool...

Joe Fucile To Officer Coward McGirlypants: If you're firing through the window to hit a barking dog because you're so afraid of it, you're an emotionally fragile little delicate flower that has no business having a gun.

The dog was probably startled your anal sphincter slamming shut so hard it clanged like a bell. Total panic kill.

Since you identified a lab as a pit bull, I'm not giving you a whole lot of credibility and highly doubt you are telling the truth.
    about an hour ago · Like · 15
    Levi's an $#@!...
    Levi Norris I'm grateful for all the officers that serve and protect us daily, even when sometimes that involves making split decisions if they feel a threat. I'm sorry about the loss of the dog, and I'm sure shooting a dog was not on his or hers checklist of things to do that day.. To be able to serve and protect us, they have to protect themselves. And yes, sometimes they may make a mistake even, but we don't have to run them to the ground for doing their job to the best of their abilities.
    about an hour ago · Like · 16

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Levi's an $#@! a cop...
    FTFY

If not a cop, then a FoFoC.

Some people are saying it was the owners of the Java on Sherman coffee shop who called police about the "suspicious van." And someone on the Facebook page says that the owners insisted that the man immediately drive the van off their property as soon as the police were done, with the blood and brains of the dog still splattered all over, not giving him a chance to have it cleaned up.

I used to hate Facebook, but I think it may have some uses in possibly waking some people up -- or at least planting some seeds of doubt in their minds, anyway -- like, for example, ideas like "don't call the cops -- EVER."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JAVA-...91104540947269
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-10-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Should be met with preemptive force since it's a huge gamble whether you will survive the encounter if you submit?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I agree and they should be liable to civil suits.
    I have absolutely zero faith in their "Just-Us" system......

Remember family court is part of the civil side............

I see no mention of the dogs age in the article, if that picture was recent before the execution, then it was just a puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm missing a lot of these stories...I just tried to answer Henry's question, and when I searched Screwgle news using my generic search terms, nothing came up.

FTFY

If not a cop, then a FoFoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Friend of a friend of a cop

(after trying to decipher enhanced's vague acronyms, I'm getting rather good)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I see no mention of the dogs age in the article, if that picture was recent before the execution, then it was just a puppy.
    The article in post #9 says 2 years old.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Friend of a friend of a cop

(after trying to decipher enhanced's vague acronyms, I'm getting rather good)
    Say it like this: Feaux Fock

Friend or Family of Cop.

I hope I'm not as cryptic as ED.

Say it like this: Feaux Fock

Friend or Family of Cop.

I hope I'm not as cryptic as ED.

I've always pronounced it Ef Ef Oh See or occasionally Ef Oh Ef Oh See. Ya learn something new every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast