Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck to Bring Soccer Balls, Hot Meals to Illegals: 'We Must Open Our Hearts'

Glenn Beck to Bring Soccer Balls, Hot Meals to Illegals: 'We Must Open Our Hearts'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...pen-Our-Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Breitbart
    Glenn Beck said bringing soccer balls, teddy bears, and hot meals to illegal immigrants who have been detained along the U.S.-Mexico border will be the most right thing he has ever done.

On July 19, Beck will travel to McAllen, Texas, because he believes Americans must "open our hearts" to the illegal immigrant children who have been unlawfully entering the country.

"I’ve never taken a position more deadly to my career than this – and I have never, ever taken a position that is more right than this," Beck claimed, according to The Blaze.

Beck said helping illegal immigrant children, most of whom have fled Central American nations, was more "right" to him than even calling out radical Islam.

“We’re going to fill some tractor-trailers with food, with water,” Beck said. “The churches have asked us if we could bring teddy bears and soccer balls, so we’ve loaded up a whole tractor-trailer of nothing but teddy bears and soccer balls. And then I’m going to go serve breakfast and lunch, and I’m going to help unload these trucks, hot meals for 3,000. That’s what we’re doing.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree. I want to add something though. Put it in a "to go" bag. Secure the border until we end the welfare state.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Boycott?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

"I’ve never taken a position more deadly to my career than this –..."
    One could only hope it puts the final nail in that coffin.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

He's getting torn to shreds in the comments.

I'll give him points for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Why the ?

I don't think they should all be allowed to stay; but I don't disagree with anything he said as quoted in the article. It isn't their fault, he is performing private charity and not spending tax money. I applaud Beck in this instance.

I actually find it disappointing that he would be getting "torn to shreds".
    Last edited by specsaregood; 07-09-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Interesting.

I don't know what his game is here. But good for him for doing this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Freepers are ripping into Beck too:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3177783/posts

"We" must open our hearts?

Sorry

But doesn't the Bible pretty much say that those who give and boast about it are scum? Or something like that?

GB is a tool

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Interesting.

I see you're an advocate of the North American Union. That's all that's going on here, he's helping blaze the path.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

The most humane thing to do would be to reunite them with their families in their home countries.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Sorry Glen. We all get to boast about the 2.7 BILLION that Dear Leaders want to spend....on a crisis created by the non enforcement of federal immigration policy and federal labor laws. The old make a crisis and come up with a solution scam.

Sorry Glen. These poor kids would not be used as political fodder if your Monsanto buddies and the like would be prosecuted for hiring illegals for $2.00/HR with no benefits or taxes paid.

Sorry Glen. Using Jesus and your twisted religion to push your corporate handler's agenda is not going to get you closer to the front of the Going to See Jesus bus.

Hey Glen? Where are the soccer balls for all the orphans we have created in the Middle East over the past decade? I get it Christian=Give a $#@!, Muslim=Meh, their daddies should not have been terrorists. Innocence in children only apply if they match your brand of Sky Avenger? Hmmmm....

I guess you can tell I don't fall for the fake give a $#@!s like this sobbing for Jesus fool produces regularly....right about the time his ratings start to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Boycott?
    Great news! Now we can supply them with extra government welfare instead of Beck's charitable donations!

I'm with the suspicious lot.
    He's said and done a whole lot of things libertarians would love... if they were anything more than a setup to a solid kick in the nuts.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Great news! Now we can supply them with extra government welfare instead of Beck's charitable donations!
    We already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    The most humane thing to do would be to reunite them with their families in their home countries.
    Except that unfortunately their parents sent them here. Human trafficking is booming.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Glenn Beck should be boycotted on general principle.

I'm trying to build coalitions here.

No need to get butthurt that libertarians dislike your employer.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Personal charity shouldn't be an issue. The problem being that the government aided and abetted this crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post
    I see you're an advocate of the North American Union. That's all that's going on here, he's helping blaze the path.
    No I'm not. And nothing in the OP makes any mention of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Sorry Glen. We all get to boast about the 2.7 BILLION that Dear Leaders want to spend....on a crisis created by the non enforcement of federal immigration policy and federal labor laws. The old make a crisis and come up with a solution scam.
    You got that backwards.

It's not the non-enforcement of those laws that create crises that demand more government. It's the enforcement of them.

so, i'm supposed to believe that no one KNEW that these kids were coming?.....

yeah, bus loads of kids streaming north in buses and horse carts weren't noticed by anyone?....sorry..not believeable....top republicans and dems knew these kids were coming and did nothing as they approached the border.....big question is why...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No I'm not. And nothing in the OP makes any mention of that.

Then you're NOT paying attention.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

oops...almost forgot...

$#@! GLENN BECK,,,

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Then you're NOT paying attention.
    Did I say something incorrect?

Interesting.

Agree.

And, I am no Beck fan.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Possibly. But not if the government is involved in doing it.

Personal charity shouldn't be an issue. The problem being that the government aided and abetted this crisis.
    I guess I missed where he was supporting the government doing such. it sounds to me like he is only offering to help victims/pawns of the crisis.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast