Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Pass This Kindergarten Admissions Test?

Question 5's answer is wrong. The action in the described sequence right after putting the groceries in her cart is "go to the front", which would best be represented with a picture of the cart with groceries, preferably with some kind of arrow symbolizing movement. The closest to this is picture (2) which shows the cart with groceries. It isn't until after moving to the front that the groceries are put on the conveyor belt. If "going to the front" wasn't described as a distinct step, I wouldn't have a problem with interpreting picture (3) as the answer.

Questions 1 and 3 don't have enough elements in any sort of series to qualify as a "pattern" although I would've guessed the patterns correctly. However, they are completely ambiguous and terrible questions.

3's problems don't end there. There are two possible methods (maybe more) of inserting the smaller (answer) square into the larger (question) square.

Method 1: copy and paste the solution picture into the box, centered. ~55/~30 height ratio (for triangle) * ~63 diameter = ~34 diameter which would match with choice A which is 34 diameter when not resized.
    Method 2: stretch the solution picture box to match the size of the box in the picture. In this case choice D resizes to ~37 diameter which is slightly too big, but A would be way too big.

Again, complete ambiguity.

I'm guessing this test is either fake (The Blaze is a notoriously unreliable source), or written by someone who is completely incompetent. There's only 2 fair questions out of 5.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I see my mistake now. The story goes like this.
    Pic 1: She picked the items needed
    Pic 2: Next, she placed the items in her cart
    Pic 3: then she went to the front and had the cashier scan each item.
    Pic 4: Finally, she paid for all her groceries.
    And the 4 pictures represents all 4 sets of actions taken. So after "Next, she placed the items in her cart", she "went to the front and had the cashier scan each" which represents option 3. I am not going to lie, this really bothers me that I am the only one who got a question wrong.
    Don't feel bad, I missed the question 2, because I reasoned it the same way you did, the next step was taking the groceries to the front, none of the pictures seemed to fit, but the full cart seemed to be closest.

In fact, I missed 2 questions out of the 5....and I'm a member of Mensa. I missed #2, because I was following the items on the same board across trying to find the pattern, I see by the answer that I should have been looking up and down for the pattern.

I think this was a poorly written test and can imagine many kindergartners felt frustrated by it. It's probably a way to justify not letting in "the right sort" of children, they can always tell the parents their child just didn't do well on the test (and ignore the poor showing on the test by children who they do deem "the right sort."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12