Thread: Famed Banking Billionaire Catches The “Bitcoin Bug”

Famed Banking Billionaire Catches The “Bitcoin Bug”

While there is no shortage of big name investors jumping on board the bitcoin bandwagon, one of those individuals, who happens to be a direct descendent of one of the most famous names in banking is sure to raise some eyebrows.

Meet Mathew Mellon, offspring of the notorious banking family, who you can now add to the long list of bitcoin disciples. The former chairman of the New York Republican Party Finance Committee made a decision back in April that he wanted to get in on the bitcoin madness, and in doing so, he called on none other than the Winklevii for some insight.

In an exclusive interview with Forbes, Mathew, whose direct ancestor happens to be Judge Thomas Mellon, founder of Mellon Bank, explains:

“I feel like citizens are fed up with banksters, we need to live in a more transparent, free democracy. The more secretive America becomes, the more dangerous it is.”

The solution? According to Mellon — bitcoin. And he is putting his money where his mouth is, already having invested over $2 million to help fund a startup incubator for bitcoin companies, Mellon truly believes digital currencies will replace the dollar while adding that meanwhile “the banks are going to be scratching their heads.”
    More...http://cryptocrimson.com/2014/07/fam...s-bitcoin-bug/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ... more transparent, free democracy. The more secretive America becomes, the more dangerous it is.”
    Is his meaning the same as what some would take it to be? I'm not sure he's talking about the government...except who secrecy privacy is a danger to.

In the meantime, feel safe with bitcoin.

In other news, The TOR Network is BROKEN http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...89#post5584389
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 07-08-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Is his meaning the same as what some would take it to be? I'm not sure he's talking about the government...except who secrecy privacy is a danger to.

In the meantime, feel safe with bitcoin.

In other news, The TOR Network is BROKEN http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...89#post5584389
    That one had me scratching my head too. I don't know what he means, but I break it down like this, government secrecy bad, individual privacy good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    That one had me scratching my head too. I don't know what he means, but I break it down like this, government secrecy bad, individual privacy good.
    Exactly right. But I'm not sure that is what he was referring to. But he left it open to interpretation, which not everyone is good at, even though most might think that they speak the same language.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Man I hope the old money comes drives the price to absurd level then I can be part of the ruling class, and get a chance to harass the working people of this fine country.

I will tell about my naive days toying with libertarian thought, as biff, buffy and I play a splendid round of golf, then retire to my mansion maintained by my slaves, ooops I mean government subsidized minimum wage human things that do my bidding or starve.