Thread: US Regulators Fast Track GMO Treatment For Leukemia

US Regulators Fast Track GMO Treatment For Leukemia

Despite the crazy brigade that trolls the forum screeching unsubstantiated claims that GMOs are evil and big Pharma is sitting on cures for cancer, here's an excellent bit of news that should shut them up. (SHould, but wont, because they're either idiots or insane.)

US regulators fast-track novel leukemia therapy

US regulators on Monday put an experimental immunotherapy agent on the fast track to market approval, after 89 percent of leukemia patients in early trials saw their cancers disappear.

The personalized immunotherapy known as CTL019 was developed by the University of Pennsylvania and was designated a "breakthrough therapy" by the US Food and Drug Administration. That means the experimental therapy will benefit from a speedier than average review process and will get extra attention from the FDA toward development for market. It is the first cancer immunotherapy to receive the breakthrough designation, and only the fifth biologic agent so far.
    The approach works by extracting a patient's T-cells, then genetically programming them in the lab to target cancer cells that produce a protein called CD19.
    The altered T-cells are then re-injected into the patient's body, where they multiply and attack cancer.

Hurrah for science, down with the idiots who will now start screeching that cancer patients would be better off without this new therapy, because GMO!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea science, great news!

That said, watch out for any unintended side effects (zombie outbreak, etc.)

The approach works by extracting a patient's T-cells, then genetically programming them in the lab to target cancer cells that produce a protein called CD19.
    someone STILL doesnt know what a GMO is.

are you paid to post here? serious question
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    My bad! You're a farming snob.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    someone STILL doesnt know what a GMO is.

are you paid to post here? serious question
    How nice to see you publicly celebrating your ignorance. Again.

The headline isn't mine, btw.

And it's a violation of the forum guidelines to accuse people of being paid to post. Reported.
    Last edited by angelatc; 07-09-2014 at 05:11 PM.

There is nothing in this world that will allow me to trust "US Regulators". The US Government has a long history of lying their asses off to us about everything. I don't think I'd want to be one of the first people to receive this.

Will Obamacare policies even cover this new treatment?

I have no issue with GMO's in medicine or GMO's in food. I have no issue with any product in the free market. I do have issue with people selling/marketing GMO's under the auspice that they are not GMO's as that is fraud. If its a fish its a fish. If its a fish with pig genes... its not a fish; its a pigfish.

I think its great they've found a potential cure to leukemia through GMO science. My son is dependant on IV GMO therapy every 3 days. Two generations ago his condition was terminal; now his life expenctancy is normal.
    Last edited by presence; 07-09-2014 at 08:28 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Despite the crazy brigade that trolls the forum screeching unsubstantiated claims that GMOs are evil and big Pharma is sitting on cures for cancer, here's an excellent bit of news that should shut them up. (SHould, but wont, because they're either idiots or insane.)

US regulators fast-track novel leukemia therapy

Hurrah for science, down with the idiots who will now start screeching that cancer patients would be better off without this new therapy, because GMO!
    You lose any sort of point once you start lumping too many things together...
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Not every scientist in the establishment is bad, in fact most of them are good. But they're so compartmentalized and the funding is so tightly controlled that it makes it difficult for good scientists to do certain things.

I hope this cures a lot of people of leukaemia with minimal side effects.

I still don't trust it in my food yet because of the type of companies that do the research and make money off of products that are sold specifically to go with their GMO seed technologies. I also don't like the idea of GMO cross pollinating with the real stuff.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.