Thread: Ted Cruz proposes "Stand with Israel Act" on Levin Show today

Ted Cruz proposes "Stand with Israel Act" on Levin Show today

Well, it was certainly nice of Ted Cruz to essentially propose Rand Paul's "Stand with Israel Act" today on the Mark Levin show. The funny part was that Cruz and Levin never mentioned Rand at all. It was as if this was a great idea they generated on the fly, right there on the show. They must have somehow missed it when Rand proposed it. Anyway, good to see that they #StandWithRand (well, kind of).

Cruz: "...in my view the United States should not spend a single penny to any unity government that has Hamas as a part of it. We shouldn't be sending US taxpayer dollars to fund terrorists".

Levin: "And you know what concerns me, I wonder if you actually proposed that on the Senate floor whether you'd even get a majority of Senators to join you, do you think you would?"

Cruz: "Well, I think if we had a vote on it, we probably would get a majority of Senators, which is precisely why Harry Reid in all likelihood would prevent a vote."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While it is said that "God blesses those who stand with Israel", will Cruz be able to explain what blessings US has received for supporting Israel and its occupation of Palestinians for last 4 decades? At least Bachmann was speaking as a "Christian", is Cruz coming from same blessings/curse Biblical angle?

To the untrained eye it seems like intrusive airport gropes/police state is one of the most visible and tangible manifestation of US mideast interventions and support for occupations, dictators there.

Michele Bachmann: If We Don’t Completely Support Israel, God Will Curse Us

Doug Mataconis · Friday, May 20, 2011

Apparently, Michele Bachmann bases her foreign policy views on obscure quotes from a book written 5,000 years ago:
    At a Republican Jewish Coalition event in Los Angeles last week, Rep. Michele Bachmann offered a candid view of her positions on Israel: Support for Israel is handed down by God and if the United States pulls back its support, America will cease to exist.
    Here’s a transcript of some of her remarks at the RJC event:
    I am convinced in my heart and in my mind that if the United States fails to stand with Israel, that is the end of the United States . . . [W]e have to show that we are inextricably entwined, that as a nation we have been blessed because of our relationship with Israel, and if we reject Israel, then there is a curse that comes into play. And my husband and I are both Christians, and we believe very strongly the verse from Genesis [Genesis 12:3], we believe very strongly that nations also receive blessings as they bless Israel. It is a strong and beautiful principle.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/mic...will-curse-us/

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    While it is said that "God blesses those who stand with Israel", will Cruz be able to explain what blessings US has received for supporting Israel and its occupation of Palestinians for last 4 decades? At least Bachmann was speaking as a "Christian", is Cruz coming from same blessings/curse Biblical angle?
    Cruz's father is a Pastor, so he has the Biblical angle, along with the political pandering angle (and his association with Condoleezza Rice and other neoconservatives).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Can someone quote me anywhere in the Bible where it says we should support the nation-state that was founded in 1948? I know Genesis 12:3 (I think that's the right verse, not checking now) says that God will bless those who bless Abraham, and curse those who curse him, but what does that have to do with a nation-state?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Can someone quote me anywhere in the Bible where it says we should support the nation-state that was founded in 1948? I know Genesis 12:3 (I think that's the right verse, not checking now) says that God will bless those who bless Abraham, and curse those who curse him, but what does that have to do with a nation-state?
    It doesn't. But many Christians have been manipulated by unscrupulous characters who take advantage of religion for their current political agendas.

Shouldn't they be more concerned with the constitution than the bible?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by dillo View Post
    Shouldn't they be more concerned with the constitution than the bible?
    Who?

The only points at which the constitution and the Bible contradict are also the points in which the constitution and voluntarism conflict. Which, as far as I know, are all things government leaders could choose not to take advantage of (ie. the government doesn't HAVE to do anything.)

The Bible supports freedom and private property rights.

Cruz is really scraping the bottom of the barrel calling into Levin's show.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post

Unfortunately! But hey, what else is new?

If the same policies of the government of Israel were implemented within the US, most "conservative" Christians would be the first ones to call it out as "godless soclalism". And they would be right.

On a side note, Teddy Cruz is on this list in case anyone cares:

LewRockwell.com: U.S. Senators Are Nearly All Stooges for Israel

The following senators are Senate co-sponsors of this bill. Beside each name is the dollar amount of AIPAC contributions to that senator in the years 2007-2012.

Mark Kirk $925,379
    John McCain $771,012
    Mitch McConnell $430,925
    Robert Menendez $344,670
    Kirsten Gillibrand $326,937
    Mary Landrieu $296,409
    Benjamin Cardin $267,542
    Charles Schumer $248,149
    Robert Casey $192,550
    Roger Wicker $158,861
    Mark Warner $149,151
    Susan Collins $139,518
    Mark Pryor $138,250
    John Thune $123,725
    Roy Blunt $120,500
    Joe Manchin $117,110
    Pat Roberts $116,900
    Bob Corker $114,770
    David Vitter $112,619
    Kelly Ayotte $111,899
    Michael Bennet $109,126
    John Cornyn $107,000
    Saxby Chambliss $103,650
    John Barrasso $99,050
    Orrin Hatch $91,500
    Jeff Sessions $86,550
    Marco Rubio $86,200
    Lisa Murkowski $85,900
    Lindsey Graham $84,515
    Daniel Coats $82,733
    Richard Blumenthal $80,640
    Joe Donnelly $72,911
    Dean Heller $71,100
    Richard Burr $70,850
    Robert Portman $68,815
    John Hoeven $67,535
    Mike Johanns $63,635
    James Inhofe $60,000
    Charles Grassley $57,600
    Jerry Moran $53,400
    Thomas Coburn $47,445
    Michael Crapo $45,750
    Mike Lee $45,030
    James Risch $41,750
    Patrick Toomey $40,500
    Ted Cruz $39,354
    Mark Begich $36,727
    John Boozman $34,250
    John Isakson $31,600
    Michael Enzi $31,600
    Richard Shelby $27,250
    Deb Fischer $26,400
    Chris Coons $20,774
    Tim Scott $15,310
    Ron Johnson $10,400

Who?

The only points at which the constitution and the Bible contradict are also the points in which the constitution and voluntarism conflict. Which, as far as I know, are all things government leaders could choose not to take advantage of (ie. the government doesn't HAVE to do anything.)

The Bible supports freedom and private property rights.
    And slavery
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Same depraved dump where Palin officially announced in October 2011 that she was not going to run for President.

its time to recognize Palestine. and the president alone can do that, as Truman proved with his mistake

nothing. nothing at all.