Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MINARCHISM in one Photo

MINARCHISM in one Photo

What does RPF think? Is Boromir the epitomy of Minarchism, or what?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't follow...
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Mostly noble but something is afoot...a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I don't follow...
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

What does RPF think? Is Boromir the epitomy of Minarchism, or what?
    Boromir wants to use the ring "for good"... just a little bit of power.... that's all..... he promises
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I thought it was actually pretty deep.

- Diogenes of Sinope

wrong forum.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

From an anarchist forum

- Diogenes of Sinope

Boromir wants to use the ring "for good"... just a little bit of power.... that's all..... he promises
    I see.

What about Aragorn? He is the Minarch of Gondor but threw himself in the woods and only returned to act as Commander-in-Chief of Gondor's army after Mordor had formally declared war. He even carried a broken sword since he was no war monger.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

From an anarchist forum
    More like a forum of bastards. At least a Ron Paul platform would move things in a direction far more favorable to anarchists. I assume the artist got tired of drawing the thousands of real tyrants out there?
    -Stannis Baratheon

More like a forum of bastards. At least a Ron Paul platform would move things in a direction far more favorable to anarchists. I assume the artist got tired of drawing the thousands of real tyrants out there?
    Agreed. I self-identify as a Minarchist, but thought the reference was interesting. I think Ron Paul, and indeed our Founders, had it right.... there must be a balance. The balance is never static and can't be defined, but it's a fight that needs fighting.

- Diogenes of Sinope

From an anarchist forum
    YAY!!! Ron Paul lost!
    (sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I assume the artist got tired of drawing the thousands of real tyrants out there?
    Many anarchists seem more frustrated at Liberty Candidate types than at tyrants.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Agreed. I self-identify as a Minarchist, but thought the reference was interesting. I think Ron Paul, and indeed our Founders, had it right.... there must be a balance. The balance is never static and can't be defined, but it's a fight that needs fighting.
    With "RULERS" in charge there will never be a balance. The balance that is needed lies within each individual and cannot be legislated.

Anarchy is the rejection of RULERS not rules.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

I read an analysis a long time ago that said this is actually what the book is about.
    Tolkein was an expoert on all sorts of pre-Roman biz that conflicts with modern statism, so he was surely familiar with the concepts.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Ron Paul is Frodo

Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

{ Visit PoliceStateUSA.com }

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    Ron Paul is Frodo

So... Jesse Benton is... Gollum?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    With "RULERS" in charge there will never be a balance. The balance that is needed lies within each individual and cannot be legislated.

Well,,as I understand the original intent of the founders,, we were never supposed to have rulers. Period.

We were meant to have representatives.. NOT Leaders,,and not rulers.

But power corrupts and has done so here as well.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

What the hell is this "rules without rulers" $#@!?

Are you some kind of hippy or what?

No one is going to build a civilization with decent laws that exists without some people who are put into place to administer and enforce them.

Anarchists live in a fantasy land... may as well call yourselves "wizards" and start trying to cast spells to make the world a better place.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post

No one is going to build a civilization with decent laws that exists without some people who are put into place to administer and enforce them.

Anarchists live in a fantasy land... may as well call yourselves "wizards" and start trying to cast spells to make the world a better place.

A ruler is one who not only MAKES the RULES but also enforces them. AKA a King. A constitutional republic, which is technically what were were SUPPOSED to be, has no rulers.

Your position is that without a RULER you will be unable to control yourself?
    Last edited by ZENemy; 07-07-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Sounds like your own personal fantasy to me. Why is yours viable and ours a fantasy? The current system is lawless with rulers doing as they please unto the ruled.

Currently; consent, is the fantasy.
    Last edited by ZENemy; 07-07-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Well,,as I understand the original intent of the founders,, we were never supposed to have rulers. Period.

We were meant to have representatives.. NOT Leaders,,and not rulers.

But power corrupts and has done so here as well.

That is my general thought as well.

We are to have administrators and administration, not Rulers with double speak backed by guns.

I think Boromir and minarchism is actually an interesting comparison.

Not so for Ron Paul. It would only be applicable if Ron were trying to create a State where none exists already. As it is Ron is trying to diffuse power, not acquire it. He's literally the best politics has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I think Boromir and minarchism is actually an interesting comparison.

Not so for Ron Paul. It would only be applicable if Ron were trying to create a State where none exists already. As it is Ron is trying to diffuse power, not acquire it. He's literally the best politics has ever seen.
    He's more like Aragorn, really.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The word "anarchy" literally means "without a leader/ruler". It does not imply a lack of rules or laws. People who use it to mean "lawlessness", "disorder", etc, are simply understanding the word through a quite new semantic shift. (which is why I think anarchists ought to choose a word more appropriate for modern English)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wrong forum
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    wrong forum
    Twice posted. Care to explain? Are you saying this is the wrong sub-forum (ie should be moved to off-topic)? or wrong forum altogether?

- Diogenes of Sinope

A ruler is one who not only MAKES the RULES but also enforces them. AKA a King. A constitutional republic, which is technically what were were SUPPOSED to be, has no rulers.

Your position is that without a RULER you will be unable to control yourself?
    So a Constitutional Republic as envisioned by the founding fathers is really Anarchy?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Twice posted. Care to explain? Are you saying this is the wrong sub-forum (ie should be moved to off-topic)? or wrong forum altogether?
    Your metaphor is interesting, but falls more in line with political philosophy, especially as the Pavlovian minarchy v. anarchy battle has reared it's ugly head.
    But you know, whatever.
    -Albert Camus

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-08-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Ron Paul is Frodo. He wanted to destroy the ring of power...

Last edited by purplechoe; 07-07-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast