Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me come up with a "Crypto" company name...win 0.25 BTC

Help me come up with a "Crypto" company name...win 0.25 BTC

Contest Over. Thanks for helping.

-----------------------------------

I bought a dying $#@!coin exchange. I have the source along with the trading engine now. I need to come up with a name, badly. I'm not that creative with words and apparently a lot of the domain names are surprisingly taken. We were leaning towards coingasm but that was taken as well. Everyone is so serious in crypto. We wanted something a bit amusing and leaning in that direction.

I'll give 0.25 BTC to the winning cool name if anyone has good ideas here? It doesn't need the word "coin" in it.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 07-05-2014 at 06:15 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like Latin phrases and names. That way you have a name that comes with meaning and history... and it is easier to remember (when you know the story... and everyone will because it will be on your web page):
    solidus/stipsi- coin
    dignitas(e??I dont know...)-value

There, 2 good solid, woody kind of words.
    ROMANS EUNT DOMUS!

*you will have to double check I am pulling this from back of my head...Latin lessons were long time ago.
    Last edited by Barrex; 07-04-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Found 3,521 available domains containing "crypto"

http://www.leandomainsearch.com/search?q=crypto

of the ones I like,

SpotCrypto.com
    ValueCrypto.com
    EpicCrypto.com
    ExtraCrypto.com
    TryCrypto.com
    FreedomCrypto.com
    DiscoverCrypto.com

etc etc.... lots of em

verticalCoin.com
    undergroundCoin.com
    OneStopCoin.com
    coinBoulevard.com
    coinFlavor.com
    runawayCoin.com
    AliasCoin.com
    FringeCoin.com
    CoinTactical.com
    CoinPatriot.com

you get the idea

"muh_crypto"
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Harder than it looks at first, I was surprised at some of the wacky domain names I checked. Here's the first idea that actually has an available domain name: http://who.is/whois/koinonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    I like Latin phrases and names. That way you have a name that comes with meaning and history... and it is easier to remember (when you know the story... and everyone will because it will be on your web page):
    solidus/stipsi- coin

ROMANS EUNT DOMUS!

*you will have to double check I am pulling this from back of my head...Latin lessons were long time ago.
    I really like where you are going with this...

Found 3,521 available domains containing "crypto"

http://www.leandomainsearch.com/search?q=crypto

of the ones I like,

SpotCrypto.com
    ValueCrypto.com
    EpicCrypto.com
    ExtraCrypto.com
    TryCrypto.com
    FreedomCrypto.com
    DiscoverCrypto.com

etc etc.... lots of em
    Doesn't need the word crypto in it, but that link is useful.

"muh_crypto"
    LOL

Harder than it looks at first, I was surprised at some of the wacky domain names I checked. Here's the first idea that actually has an available domain name: http://who.is/whois/koinonymous
    Yeah we were surprised too at how much cyber-squatting there is out there.

Can you guys put your BTC address into your signatures? nayjevin also thru his hat in the ring with "cryptflip" in PM.

Keep em coming.

cryptofreedom.com

Yeah we were surprised too at how much cyber-squatting there is out there.

Buck the trend... go .bit Very shortly ICANN is going to the wayside and .bit will be on all the browsers.

cryptofreedom.bit
    Last edited by presence; 07-04-2014 at 01:01 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    buttcoin

bitchcoin

baconbits

chikun.bit
    todamoon.bit

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Cryptorgasm

Cryptogasm

CoinOrgy

Cryptorgy

CryptAmagi

CryptoAmagi

MoonCrypto

AgoraCrypto

CoinAgora

BazaarCrypto

BazaarBits

BazaarBit

CryptoFreaks

CryptoManiacs

HipCoin

HipCoins

HipCrypto

CryptoHippy

HipsterCoins

HipsterCoin

MuhCoins

WheresTheCrypto

CryptoPlease

MoarCrypto

MoarCoins

these all appear to be available with .com addresses

Goodluck!

1BwnhVdpZ2EZtbsUiBRTFee6Gz3QPPeLJK
    Last edited by Shane Harris; 07-04-2014 at 03:39 PM.

We're leaning towards solidEX atm cuz of the first post. Might have to buy it tho. But not final. Keep going.

I like bagEX lol

coin & crypto prefix/suffix seems to be frowned upon by others on the team.

Top real exchange names right now are... mintpal, cryptsy, poloniex, bittrex
    Last edited by muh_roads; 07-04-2014 at 04:33 PM.

bitbucket?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Alt-universe.com -- Kinda like "alternative universe".
    Altrader.com
    Altworld.com
    Altearth.com
    digicoin.com (for sale)
    Digicurrent.com
    Coincurrent.com
    Cryptocurrent.com (I know your team doesn't like these but w/e)
    Popcoin.com -- Kinda like "popcorn" with a Chicago accent.
    Cointel.com (for sale)

Just a few guesses.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

cryptoK33P3r
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

solidus/stipsi- coin

ROMANS EUNT DOMUS!

This just reminded me of something. Upsicoin.com. It's a play on a latin-sounding name, and it implants that subtle message that the value of your holdings will go nowhere but UP.

EDIT: I think this is my favorite one. I just looked for it and it's not taken.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 07-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SillyCoin(s).

Oops. Sorry, just glanced at the post, thought is was for a Coin, not an exchange. But SillyCoins could be for an exchange I guess.

Coinplosion.com
    BagHolders.com
    HoldmyBags.com
    CoinBags.com
    BagTraders.com
    BagsforCash.com
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 07-04-2014 at 05:56 PM.

ColdHardBits

BitCastle

KissMyBits
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

People are too concerned about having the perfect name. Having a unique name, in my opinion, is far better than witty or generic. Stand out. Be different. "Mt.Gox" was not witty or generic, and once people learned it, they remembered it. If they know what they were doing, they would still be the biggest force in the bitcoin market.
    Tax is theft. War is murder. Conscription is slavery. Government is organized crime.

So the name we went with is CipherShift

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cipher

evilfunnystuff would've won if it was available. We almost went with BitCastle but it was taken. They thought Moarcoins was funny too. But taken.

I'm thinking of dividing up the reward based on who gave suggestions. Post your address if u want a piece.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 07-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntman stoll View Post
    People are too concerned about having the perfect name. Having a unique name, in my opinion, is far better than witty or generic. Stand out. Be different. "Mt.Gox" was not witty or generic, and once people learned it, they remembered it. If they know what they were doing, they would still be the biggest force in the bitcoin market.

Agreed, but having something fun and/or with a familiar feel, while still being unique can help with brand awareness.
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Don't mind if I do.

1M5GwoSiyTEKCKY3Dp3S2CesA6hgxHKSvk

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post

evilfunnystuff would've won if it was available. We almost went with BitCastle but it was taken. They thought Moarcoins was funny too. But taken.

I'm thinking of dividing up the reward based on who gave suggestions. Post your address if u want a piece.
    Aww, I was checking them too.

I thought that one wasn't taken, but I must have mixed it up with another name I was bouncing around.

I like CipherShift though, it is unique and memorable.

If you decide to split it up, I just put an addy in my sig.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post

First I laughed out loud...then I wasnt 100% sure so I had to double check in dictionary:

Full Definition of CIPHER

a- zero
    b- one that has no weight, worth, or influence : nonentity
    a a method of transforming a text in order to conceal its meaning — compare code 3b
    b a message in code
    3 arabic numeral
    4 a combination of symbolic letters; especially : the interwoven initials of a name
    a-person of no influence; nonentity.
    Airline company called "Crash"; Bank called "Bankruptcy".... Money company called "No value"... this is so good... it made me laugh really hard.
    Last edited by Barrex; 07-05-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: P.s. always wanted to use this picture in conversation and now it seems perfect opportunity to do so.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cryptocracy
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

c bit

lol

We'll shift zero to you too. lol

I really wanted to use $#@!coins in there somehow.

First I laughed out loud...then I wasnt 100% sure so I had to double check in dictionary:

Airline company called "Crash"; Bank called "Bankruptcy".... Money company called "No value"... this is so good... it made me laugh really hard.

coinnex.bit

intercoin.bit

coinstien.bit

Bordergate

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Alt-universe.com -- Kinda like "alternative universe".
    Altrader.com
    Altworld.com
    Altearth.com
    digicoin.com (for sale)
    Digicurrent.com
    Coincurrent.com
    Cryptocurrent.com (I know your team doesn't like these but w/e)
    Popcoin.com -- Kinda like "popcorn" with a Chicago accent.
    Cointel.com (for sale)

Just a few guesses.
    For God's sake, not Cointel.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast