Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Random Acts Of Kindness...

Man buys every cookie from Girl Scouts outside store, tells them to ‘get out of this cold’

GREENSVILLE, S.C. – A Greenville man spent over $500 on Girl Scout cookies Friday, and it wasn’t because they’re his favorite snack.

According to a Facebook post, the man originally stopped at the girls’ stand and bought seven boxes; he gave the girls $40 and told them to keep the change. The man wasn’t done though.

Shortly after his initial purchase, the man returned and told the girls to pack up everything they had. Kayla Dillard said in a Facebook post that the man told the girls he wanted to buy everything so they could get out of the cold.

In total, this man purchased $540 of Girl Scout cookies, and with a heart as big as his, there’s a good chance he’s sharing them.
    https://wgntv.com/2019/02/25/man-buy...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    North Carolina woman experiences act of kindness on worst day of her life

WAKE COUNTY, North Carolina -- A North Carolina mother says on the worst day of her life, she experienced the best acts of kindness.

Emoni Hardy, of Garner, experienced every parent's nightmare on Monday when she got the news that her only son had been shot.

The 19-year-old had gone to Raleigh after work to visit his big sister when he encountered an argument and the next thing he knew he had been shot in the shoulder.

"I'm just like hysterical, don't know what to do, didn't know what to grab, and I just ran out the door," his mother told ABC11.

But when she got to WakeMed she couldn't see him immediately.

"Finally they let me back and he was laying the bed with the thing on his neck but he was talking, he was moving, so I was kind of at ease a little but still was scared. Didn't know if he was going to be paralyzed or anything but thank God he's fine," she said.

Soon, her son was allowed to go home and nurse the shoulder wound.

On the way, Hardy stopped at an ATM and got $60 in cash to pay for her son's prescriptions.

After getting him settled she went to the Walgreens on Timber Drive near her home.

While she waited for the prescriptions to be filled she became emotional and the staff tried to console her. "They heard me crying, sitting there crying, and then they knew that my son had got shot," she said.

A few minutes later the prescriptions were ready.

"When I got ready to pay the money was gone. I don't know if I dropped it in the process of leaving out of here, going to the Walgreens. I don't know what happened," Hardy said, adding that she started crying again.

She called her brother to come to pay the bill but before he arrived the manager approached her.

"She said, 'It doesn't matter. Go take care of your son.' You know she was like, 'We have kids. I have a son and I understand. I feel your pain.'"

She said she started crying all over again. This time they were tears of gratefulness.

"I mean like a baby. Just so many different emotions you know, and God placed those people at that moment, at that time," Hardy said.

Hardy thinks the staff may have been especially sympathetic since two of their colleagues at another Garner Walgreens had been shot by an angry customer the week before.

Now she and her family said they can't wait to do something good for someone else. "Yeah, you've got to pay it forward. Got to."
    https://abc7ny.com/society/woman-exp...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

As a former Girl Scout who went door to door all over my entire neighborhood and then delivered every single box of cookies in person..... this story just pissed me off. This guy is not doing those girls any favors. What did they learn? Look pitiful and you don't have to actually work? Some sap will just come by and do all your work for you?

wow. I'm bitter.

To make amends for my bitterness. Here is a nice Girl Scout related video. The fact that she didn't panic and was able to be calm and save her friends life is quite impressive.

Last edited by PursuePeace; 02-28-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Well the random act of kindness got that man arrested.

Viral Girl Scout cookie hero arrested on drug charges in S.C.
    https://6abc.com/viral-girl-scout-co...zen.yandex.com

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Well the random act of kindness got that man arrested.

Viral Girl Scout cookie hero arrested on drug charges in S.C.
    https://6abc.com/viral-girl-scout-co...zen.yandex.com
    He was under investigation long before the Girl Scout act.

"WSPA reports that McGowan, who is in custody of the U.S. Marshalls, appeared before a judge on Tuesday with his alleged cohorts. His bond hearing will be held on Friday.
    According to McGowan’s indictment, he is charged with a series of crimes, including conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute heroin, cocaine and fentanyl, drug trafficking and cash smuggling.
    McGowan has a considerable police record since the 1990s, per Fox Carolina, including assault and battery, second-degree lynching, drawing a weapon and trafficking crack cocaine."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

second-degree lynching
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Nevada boy, age 13, trades his Xbox and does yard work to buy his single mom a car after watching other kids do it on YouTube
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-mom-car.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'You have received a ticket for being too cute': Kansas boy, 7, hugs elderly people while dressed as a police officer during nursing home visits

By DARREN BOYLE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 04:35 EDT, 26 June 2019

This is the heart-warming moment a 7-year-old boy pretending to be a police officer visits a nursing home in Kansas to bring cheer to the elderly residents.

Oliver Davis visits two nursing homes every week. After gifting each citizen a flower and a card that says, 'Violation – You have received a ticket for being too cute', he then offers them a hug. The amazed elderly citizens always oblige, with one exclaiming: 'That's the first hug I have had in 10 years.'

Oliver's mother, Brandi Davis, explained: 'Oliver believes he is a real police officer. One day we were discussing what a policeman's job is and I explained how they are there to help people.

'He said he was a real policeman so he needed to help people. We went and got some flowers and took them up to his great grandmas nursing home and passed them out.

'After the first nursing home he was hooked. This was two years ago. At the first nursing home he said is it OK to give them a hug? And I said absolutely!'

She said her son has handed out some 15,000 flowers over the past year to residents in nursing homes in Overland Park, Kansas City, USA.

She added: 'He got in the car a few months ago and said wow I just feel so good after that.

'So I know it is impacting him as well as the elderly citizens, who are all amazed by his generosity and kindness.

'We have people cry when they hug him and not want to let him go. We have to pry him out of their arms.

'I had one lady say she has not had a hug in 10 years. He tries to chat with each resident and my favorite line of the day is always when he asks, "D You Want a hug?"
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ld-people.html

Wish I was capable of doing random acts of kindness.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It doesn't cost anything to smile and be nice to people. In fact it could be the very thing they need since there is so much doom and gloom in this world.

Chick-fil-A manager changes tire in parking lot for ‘shaking, almost in tears’ 96-yr-old WWII vet

July 13, 2019 | Vivek Saxena

Though hateful critics constantly falsely accuse Chick-fil-A of being an intolerant, bigoted restaurant chain, time and time again the uber popular eatery has defied its left-wing haters by demonstrating what real tolerance, kindness and empathy look like.

Such was the case this week at a Chick-fil-A in Maryland, where on Thursday a distraught senior citizen waltzed into the restaurant “shaking, almost in tears” over his flat tire.

But that upset man, known as Mr. Lee, wasn’t just any senior citizen — just as that restaurant’s manager, Daryl Howard, wasn’t just any manager.

Mr. Lee was in fact a 96-year-old World War II veteran, and that veteran needed some help, pronto.

“He was shaking, almost in tears saying he barely made it to the store on three tires because one was bad,” another manager, Rudy Somoza, said to CNN. “As soon as he finished his sentence, Daryl informed me he needed to help this gentleman right now. So, Daryl jumped into action without hesitation.”

And then this happened:

If you have a tear in your eye right now, you’re not alone …

According to Somoza, it took Howard roughly 15 minutes to change the tire. During that time, he snapped photos while Howard wasn’t looking.

“His action of kindness was beautiful. Daryl has always been so helpful to anyone in need and deserves this recognition,” he reportedly said to CNN.

It’s a small act of kindness, for sure, but it’s also a microcosm of Chick-fil-A’s whole philosophy, which, according to the company’s corporate mission statement, is “[t]o glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come into contact with Chick-fil-A.”

Yes, Chick-fil-A is a Christian business — one that closes shop every Sunday so that employees may rest and worship, and one whose CEO, Dan Cathy, privately believes in traditional marriage.

And it’s because of this Christian foundation — which, to be clear, has never once affected how the business treats both its employees and its customers — that critics have and continue to lambaste Chick-fil-A as an allegedly hateful, if not outright evil, organization.

Never mind its lengthy history of actions just like those taken by Howard.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/07...zen.yandex.com

Kindhearted teen goes viral after cop shares photo of the moment he raced out in the rain to help elderly woman cross a parking lot and shielded her from getting wet with his coat
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ding-rain.html

How a 'Hillbilly Brigade' saved an Oregon town from raging wildfires

MOLALLA, Ore. (Reuters) - Nicole West steered her bulldozer through the smoldering forest, pushing logs into the underbrush and away from the wildfires ripping through Oregon's Cascade Mountains. Her border collie, Oink, rode shotgun as West and a volunteer crew raced to clear a fire line.

Behind West, on the front lines of the 136,000-acre (55,000-hectare) Riverside fire, two young men pulled a water tank behind their pickup truck, struggling to douse the flames.

These are the men and women of the "Hillbilly Brigade" - about 1,200 in all who came together this past week to fight the state’s biggest fire in a century. They are credited with saving the mountain hamlet of Molalla, an hour’s drive south of Portland, after its 9,000 residents were forced to evacuate.

In a year when ferocious wildfires have killed at least 34 people and burned millions of acres in Oregon, Washington and California, the brigade has pulled off a miracle in the thick forests around Molalla in recent days, residents and fire officials say.

They organized and deployed themselves with little or no help from a small and overwhelmed local fire department - which focused on protecting the town center - or from state and federal agencies that were deployed elsewhere.

"We were left on our own to stop this," said West, a 36-year-old ranch hand, as she briefly paused her dozer late Wednesday afternoon. "There wasn't anybody coming from the state to save us. So we had to save ourselves."

Mike Penunuri, fire marshal for the Molalla fire district, which has just 13 firefighters and 33 volunteers, called the massive ad-hoc effort “amazing.” Penunuri's crews spent the past week hosing down flames that lapped at the town’s edge and battling back fires around farm houses.

The Hillbilly Brigade "improvised and turned their pickups into fire engines on the fly," he said. "They put stock tanks in the beds and used pumps to put out hot spots. These are just regular guys from the area. They are not trained."

'I’M JUST THAT GUY'

Residents of Molalla went to sleep on Labor Day thinking it was safe from the wildfires, but unusual wind gusts stunned forecasters and officials and pushed the fire north at a rapid clip. In the early morning hours of Sept. 8, it looked like Molalla would be engulfed in flames, just as towns in southern Oregon had been.

The brigade formed quickly, amassing people who knew one another well and knew the difficult terrain all around them better than any outsider. They were lumberjacks and dairy farmers, friends and neighbors, cobbling together rudimentary equipment.

On Sept. 8, Terry Price heard a neighbor banging at his door at 1 a.m., warning of fast-approaching fires about 4 miles (6 km) south of Molalla on the Missouri Ridge. The Riverside fire was barreling down a valley toward his place as the Beachie Creek fire approached from the southwest.

In that moment, the 59-year-old Price, a salty and assertive man, became the de facto Hillbilly Brigade leader in this section of the county, neighbors said.

"I dole things out for the boys to do," Price said. "I'm just that guy. It's what I've always done."

The brigade filled a vacuum left by the absence of any government help, he said. The fires raging across Oregon have depleted the state's resources to battle the unprecedented blazes.

"I was in horrible disbelief that nobody showed up," he said.

On Wednesday, Matt Meyers, a 41-year-old power company employee, emerged from the fire’s haze on a mountainous patch called Elk Prairie. He had a chainsaw on his shoulder and a week’s worth of grime caked to his face.

Meyers and his crew were on their ninth straight day of battling blazes for more than 20 hours a day. He explained that he was acting as a type of scout, pushing ahead into the forest ahead of the dozers. He cut down "snags" - dead trees that could quickly fall onto the machinery and drivers - and blazed the initial trails into the forest.

The operation thrived on close and long-standing relationships, he said.

"I'm up here fighting these fires with people I've known my whole life," Meyers said. "Communication was easy: We could just stand at the tailgate of a truck and say: 'Steve, do you remember where Brian killed his first buck? You take your crew there.'"

The result was a victory - for now - over what had seemed like an overwhelming threat. The Beachie Creek and Riverside fires are not yet contained, leaving residents on edge. But many are optimistic that the miles of fire lines the brigade cut through the forest will provide a buffer if the winds blow the flames back their way.

"I think we saved the damn town, to put it bluntly," Meyers said. "I'm a humble man, but I feel comfortable saying that."

Asked what it meant to him to see his community come together to save itself, Meyers said: "If I had not sweated out all my water, I think I would cry just thinking about that."
    https://news.yahoo.com/hillbilly-bri...161358487.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I stop and get turtles out of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I stop and get turtles out of the road.
    So does my daughter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789