Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Acts Of Kindness...

Anonymous person pays off layaway accounts for 150 people

BELLINGHAM, Mass. (NECN) -- It was a gift no shopper at a Toys R Us store in Bellingham, Massachusetts was expecting to receive.

An unknown person visited the store Wednesday and paid off $20,000 in merchandise that was on layaway.

With Christmas coming up, 150 accounts were settled.

"It's a really, really nice thing that was done, so a big thank you, very much," said Emily Burlingame.

Shoppers at the store were overwhelmed by the gratitude.

"I know the feeling of gratefulness when you get the phone call saying 'Somebody paid off your layaway,'" said Christine Roberts, who was on the receiving end of a similar gesture last year.

"It's a really, really nice thing that was done, so a big thank you, very much," said Burlingame.

The identity of the "layaway angel" remains a mystery.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/na...ngel/20278887/

1“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:1-4

A personal note...

I need LOTS of mulch so I stopped by a tree company with a free mulch sign out front and asked if they would deliver (I offered to pay for delivery). He said they used to deliver for free but they don't anymore because people complained when they weren't on time. I left him my number and told him if he changes his mind I would be grateful. He called the other day and asked if I wanted a truckload of free mulch, said the guy was right around the corner from my house. YAY! I got a truckload of mulch - delivered. I gave the driver $50.00 but I didn't have to, I figured if I'd bought all that mulch it would've cost me in the $100's and I would've had to hauled all to my house.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tip From Generous Couple Replaces Waitress’s Battered Car

By Emily Scharnhorst
    December 9, 2014 1:49 PM

The story of a Christmas tip given to a waitress in Branson, Mo., has caught the attention of its community and now gone viral on social media.

Little did she know, but Cindi Grady had caught the eye of a couple of regulars at the restaurant where she works, the local Cracker Barrel.

Gary and Roxann Tackett, from Arkansas, had been frequenting the restaurant all summer. They say they had noticed an old, battered vehicle regularly in the parking lot. Gary thought it was abandoned because it was in such bad shape.

The Tacketts asked around the restaurant and were told that the car belonged to one of the employees. The couple decided that something needed to be done and they were going to be the ones to do it.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, the Tacketts gave Cindi a car.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cop's Act of Kindness Toward Shoplifting Grandma

Rachel Bertsche
    December 15, 2014

When Tarrant, Alabama Police Officer William Stacy was called to the Dollar General store on Saturday, December 6, he wasn’t especially surprised. “We get shoplifting calls at Dollar General all the time,” he tells Yahoo Parenting. “Usually people are stealing things like makeup or phone chargers – not things they need to get by.”

So when Stacy arrived to find 47-year-old Helen Johnson stealing eggs to feed her two daughters, her niece, and two young grandkids, he knew this incident was different. Johnson explained to Stacy that her family hadn’t eaten since Thursday. So instead of making an arrest, the officer, 23, bought Johnson a carton of eggs. “When she mentioned the kids and said they were hungry, that’s when I knew I wanted to buy the eggs,” Stacy says. “No matter what financial situation kids are in, it’s not their fault they’re hungry.”

Johnson tried to give Stacy the $1.25 she had in her pocket for the eggs, which cost $1.75 plus tax, but instead he asked only for a promise she wouldn’t shoplift again. Johnson told local news AL.com that she was shocked by the officer’s good deed. “I was like ‘Oh my God, thank you Jesus for this man,” she said. “He is my hero.”

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Georgia Man Gives Back By Paying For Strangers' Power Bills

By Dominic Kelly, Sun, December 21, 2014

A Good Samaritan in Jonesboro, Georgia decided to help the people in his small community by showing up at the electric company’s officer, approaching random people, and asking if he can pay their power bills.

The Good Samaritan, known only as Steve, told CBS46 News that he wanted to give to people in person rather than donating through a charity because he thought a lot of people in his community could use financial assistance around Christmas time.

“I've had a couple of people who are so shocked - they think I'm trying to scam them - so they look over at the police officer who is sitting there. He nods his head and smiles and tells them 'it's OK,’” Steve said. “Then I've had a couple of people who still don't want to do it.”

Steve says his desire to give back to others comes from losing his wife Lou right before Christmas last year.

“She's a great person, we had a lot of fun together,” Steve said of his late wife. “I was in the Army, so we traveled together. We got married when I was a lieutenant, and we moved 22 times in 27 years, so we did a lot of moving.”

Continued...

Now that really is heart-warming: Hats, scarves and gloves are left tied to trees across North America in pay-it-forward craze to beat winter chill

By Julian Robinson

A pay-it-forward craze of pinning scarves and hats to trees is warming hearts across North America.

Items of warm clothing are deliberately being left in public places amid freezing temperatures across large parts of the U.S. and Canada.

Many of the items, which include gloves and blankets, are accompanied with notes explaining that they are available for anyone who needs them - and requests to pass the favour on in the future.

Items of warm clothing are deliberately being left in public places amid freezing temperatures across large parts of North America, including in Regina, Canada (pictured)

The Chase the Chill scheme, which started in Pennsylvania in the US, is already becoming popular in other cities including in Winnipeg and Ottawa in Canada.

It comes a week after frostbite warnings were issued across the East Coast of the US, with millions of Americans urged to avoid prolonged exposure to the cold as temperatures plunged across the country.

A group has recently been set up in Regina in Saskatchewan, Canada, where temperatures have dipped as low as -45C.

Branch founder Dianne Mursell said: 'I felt it was something badly needed here as just this past weekend it was -45C with the wind-chill.

Many of the items, which include knitwear, gloves and blankets, are accompanied with notes explaining that they are available for anyone who needs them - and requests to pass the favour on in the future

Continued...

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Now that really is heart-warming: Hats, scarves and gloves are left tied to trees across North America in pay-it-forward craze to beat winter chill

By Julian Robinson

A pay-it-forward craze of pinning scarves and hats to trees is warming hearts across North America.

Items of warm clothing are deliberately being left in public places amid freezing temperatures across large parts of the U.S. and Canada.

Many of the items, which include gloves and blankets, are accompanied with notes explaining that they are available for anyone who needs them - and requests to pass the favour on in the future.

Items of warm clothing are deliberately being left in public places amid freezing temperatures across large parts of North America, including in Regina, Canada (pictured)

The Chase the Chill scheme, which started in Pennsylvania in the US, is already becoming popular in other cities including in Winnipeg and Ottawa in Canada.

It comes a week after frostbite warnings were issued across the East Coast of the US, with millions of Americans urged to avoid prolonged exposure to the cold as temperatures plunged across the country.

A group has recently been set up in Regina in Saskatchewan, Canada, where temperatures have dipped as low as -45C.

Branch founder Dianne Mursell said: 'I felt it was something badly needed here as just this past weekend it was -45C with the wind-chill.

Many of the items, which include knitwear, gloves and blankets, are accompanied with notes explaining that they are available for anyone who needs them - and requests to pass the favour on in the future

Continued...
    Like feeding the Homeless is illegal due to "Nutritional Guidelines", I am sure this will probably also soon be illegal due to some $#@!ing Regulation that a busy-body doo-gooder dreames up.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Like feeding the Homeless is illegal due to "Nutritional Guidelines", I am sure this will probably also soon be illegal due to some $#@!ing Regulation that a busy-body doo-gooder dreames up.
    That's okay...they can regulate and lay down laws all the want, but I don't think they can crush the true human spirit for giving and random acts of kindness.

Guy Delivers Single Pizza, Gets $2,084 Tip
    Meeting of real estate agents were feeling appreciative

By Newser Editors and Wire Services

Posted Jan 17, 2015 4:15 PM CST

Newser) – Now that's a special delivery. A group of real estate agents meeting in Ann Arbor surprised a man by giving him a $2,084 tip for delivering one pizza Thursday. The man, identified only as Rob, was stunned and said on video, "All I did was deliver pizza." Agents from Keller Williams Realty all pitched in while attending the company's regional conference.

Stacey McVey says they wanted to show their appreciation to someone from the service industry. Besides cash, the man received a Visa gift card, lottery tickets, and letters of encouragement. Brian LeFevre, delivery manager at Pizza House in Ann Arbor, says the lucky delivery man was "ecstatic." He says "that's a pretty good day's work" for just one pizza.

http://www.newser.com/story/201427/g...m_campaign=240

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I gave my kids vaccines so they won't infect other random kids.
    You do, however, manage to infect legitimate threads about uplifting topics with your propaganda.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Dropped a bundle of bills in the homeless guy's cup last night in Boston.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another cut-n-paste from my Ma from a forward titled "Worth considering";

4. Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. And just before he died, he licked the tears off my face.

In Minutes, Strangers Give $160K for Field Trips to Harvard for NYC’s Poorest Kids

Just one hour ago, the popular photography blog, Humans of New York, posted a plea to help fund field trips to Harvard for an inner city school, and this fundraiser has taken off like nothing we’ve seen.

6000 people have donated and it’s already blown past its goal of $100,000.

It all started after Brandon, the blog’s founder, posted a photo of a little boy from a neighborhood with the worst crime rate in the city of New York, Brownsville, Brooklyn.

When asked who was his hero, he named principal, Nadia Lopez at Mott Hall Bridges Academy. Ms. Lopez sets high expectation for him — and every other neighborhood sixth grader who comes to her school. She tells the African-American children that they are descended from the people who invented Math and Astronomy.

“This is a neighborhood that doesn’t necessarily expect much from our children, so at Mott Hall Bridges Academy we set our expectations very high. We don’t call the children ‘students,’ we call them ‘scholars.’ Our color is purple. Our scholars wear purple and so do our staff. Because purple is the color of royalty.”

Brandon wanted to meet the principal. After taking her photo, they talked about how his huge online community (HONY) could help. Humans in New York has 10 million followers on social media.
    “Since many of her scholars have never left New York, she wants them to know what it feels like to stand on the campus of one of the world’s top schools, and know that they belong,” he wrote on the fundraising page. “She thinks the experience will broaden their horizons and expand their idea of their own potential.”

“We estimate the cost of a trip, including transportation and lodging, will be about $30,000 (for the entire sixth grade class), so let’s really hit it out of the park for these kids.”

The HONY community is doing that — and much more. In the minutes it took me to write this story, another $10,000 was raised!

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/stran...-poorest-kids/

Good Samaritan gives homeless man a Kindle with over 300 books on it - because he saw him reading just one book repeatedly

By Belinda Robinson

A good Samaritan did a good deed for a homeless man by giving him a Kindle to pursue his love of reading.

The San Diego man, who wishes to remain anonymous, would take frequent business trips to Las Vegas when he'd often see a homeless man reading one book repeatedly.

During his last visit, he decided to strike up a conversation with the man, called Paul, about his book and soon found out that he loved to read, but only had one book.

Reading: Paul told the man that he loved to read books, but unfortunately he only had one book to read

Continued...

And then the battery died.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    And then the battery died.

Another Good Samaritan comes along and charges it for him everyday. The End.

This one is a tearjerker.

Strangers shovel snow so that an 82-year-old man can deliver a daisy to the bench dedicated to his wife of 56-years

By Belinda Robinson

He's been taking daisies and a few pennies to a bench in Wisconsin every day for the past two years to honor his late wife.

But after snow blanketed the walkway to the seating area in a Fond Du Lac park it looked as though Bud Caldwell, 82, would have to stop his daily routine.

That was until two kind strangers stepped in and decided to shovel the snow-covered walkway.

Love: Bud Caldwell, 82, has been taking daisies and a few pennies to a bench in Wisconsin every day for years to honor his late wife

Continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Another Good Samaritan comes along and charges it for him everyday. The End.
    Except he already sold it for some Maddog.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Amazing story...This is how we beat them, folks, by taking care of each other.

Strangers raise $60,000 to buy car for Detroit man who walks 21 miles a day to work

The story of a Detroit man who has been walking 21 miles a day to get to and from work for over a decade inspired a Michigan college student to launch an online campaign to buy him a car. Thanks to the generosity of strangers, the campaign has raised more than $60,000 in a day.

Since buses don't cover the entire 23-mile route, 56-year-old James Robertson spends nearly all of his free time during the week commuting to his $10.55 an hour factory job in Rochester Hills. According to the Detroit Free Press, which published a front-page story about him Sunday, Robertson begins his trek at 8 a.m. to catch buses that take him to a Troy, Mich., mall before he walks 7 miles to Schain Mold & Engineering, where he begins his 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. shift. And according to his boss, Robertson has a perfect attendance record.

"I set our attendance standard by this man," Todd Wilson, plant manager at Schain Mold & Engineering, told the paper. "I say, if this man can get here, walking all those miles through snow and rain, well I'll tell you, I have people in Pontiac 10 minutes away and they say they can't get here — bull!"

Robertson has been making the same four-hour commute to the plant since 2005, when his car — a 1988 Honda Accord — quit on him. Robertson didn't replace it, he says, because "he hasn't had a chance to save for it."

"I keep a rhythm in my head," Robertson said of his near-marathon daily slog. (He also stays caffeinated "by downing 2-liter bottles of Mountain Dew and cans of Coke.")

His commute home takes even longer. Leaving work after 10 p.m., Robertson walks the 7 miles back to the mall, where he catches the last bus of the day, just before 1 a.m., taking it as far as it goes: the State Fairgrounds on Woodward, just south of 8 Mile. From there, he walks roughly 5 miles back to home through what he describes as a dangerous section of town.

"I have to go through Highland Park, and you never know what you're going to run into," Robertson says. "It's pretty dangerous. Really, it is, from 8 Mile on down. They're not the type of people you want to run into. But I've never had any trouble." (According to Wilson, Robertson got mugged once but doesn't like to talk about it.)

By the time he gets home, at 4 a.m., it's almost time to do it again.

Robertson rarely accepts rides, though a banker who befriended Robertson while stopped in traffic has given him dozens this winter, the Free Press said.

The story inspired Evan Leedy, a 19-year-old computer science major at Wayne State University, to set up the campaign on the crowdfunding website GoFundMe with a goal of raising $5,000. Within an hour, more than $2,000 was raised, Leedy told the paper. Through Monday afternoon, the campaign had raised $62,444 via nearly 2,000 donations.

According to Leedy, all the money raised will be set aside for Robertson's car, insurance, gas and maintenance.

Meanwhile, a local car dealership has offered to give Robertson a free car.

"He gets to choose," Angela Osborne, customer service specialist at Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, Mich., said. "We were just impressed with his determination."

http://news.yahoo.com/james-robertso...201859874.html

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Except he already sold it for some Maddog.
    No he didn't. One of his hobo friends gave him some Maddog to read a Ron Paul book to him.

Amazing story...This is how we beat them, folks, by taking care of each other.
    Fundraiser for walker with killer commute reaches $230K

DETROIT — Two days ago, James Robertson couldn't afford a car to drive to work more than 20 miles away from his home — and today he can afford a small fleet.

After the Detroit Free Press told of Robertson's arduous 21-mile trek to and from his suburban factory job, the story inspired thousands of donations from across the nation. A day later, the soft-spoken machine operator got to meet the computer student from Wayne State University who launched an Internet crowd-funding site to gather more than $230,000 — a figure expected to continue to climb today.

At Mr. B's Food & Spirits bar in downtown Rochester, the two hugged and were interviewed Monday night for national television shows and People magazine. The weathered factory guy, munching on pizza and wearing heavy work boots in which he's made countless walks to work, sat beside Evan Leedy, 19, of Macomb Township, a fresh-scrubbed techie who conceived the cash-churning GoFundMe web page in support of Robertson.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ised/22788543/

My paycheck taxes this week just provided Colt .45 and Crack for at least 4 or 5 Welfare Queens.

Fundraiser for walker with killer commute reaches $230K
    Touching moment dedicated factory worker - who walks 21 miles to work every day because he can't afford a car - breaks down in tears as he's gifted a new Ford

By Reuter and Mail Online Reporter

A Detroit factory worker who has walked more than 20 miles (32 km) during his daily commute to work for a decade was surprised on Friday with a brand new car, donated by a suburban car dealership.

The unexpected gift is the latest in an outpouring of donations from supporters across the globe who, touched by James Robertson's plight, have raised more than $310,000 to help him buy a car.

Robertson has told the Detroit Free Press that his car broke down a decade ago and, making $10.55 an hour, he has been unable to save for a new one.

The unexpected gift is the latest in an outpouring of donations from supporters across the globe who, touched by James Robertson's plight, have raised more than $310,000 to help him buy a car

Robertson has told the Detroit Free Press that his car broke down a decade ago and, making $10.55 an hour, he has been unable to save for a new one

Continued...

Yay!!! He got his car!!! ^^^^^
    I'm so happy for him.

LOS ANGELES HAIRSTYLISTS TAKE TO THE STREETS AND GIVE HOMELESS FREE HAIRCUTS

A simple act of kindness is all it takes to make a huge difference in someone’s day, or even life. These hairstylists decided to volunteer their time, skills and hair gel to help those in need. Working with Los Angeles’ Union Rescue Mission, these volunteers barber showed their compassion for others by giving homeless men haircuts and shaves.
    The simple act of grooming these men put a smile on everyone’s face.

Watch the video of their transformation and use it as a lesson to go out and do something good for someone! We promise it’ll help make the world a happier place.
    http://www.lostateminor.com/2015/02/11/homeless/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Remember the Target teen? He got hired!
    There's a happy update to a story we reported last week.

A Raleigh teenager who became a social media sensation after a shopper named Audrey Mark snapped a photo of Yasir Moore trying on a tie at the Triangle Town Center Target in Raleigh.

WNCN reports Yasir Moore landed a job at Chick-fil-A.

Moore was at the store to buy a click-on tie before he went to the interview. The store only sells regular ties, so a Target employee stopped what he was doing and gave him a quick lesson.

Audrey Mark then saw them practice handshakes and interview questions before the teen went on his way. Some might call it Southern manners. Others would say it's just plain humanity.

"As the kid exited the store, a bunch of supportive Target team members cheered him on!" she wrote on the Facebook page.

Moore got the job after a multiple interview process and was scheduled to start training on Friday.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/life/20...il-a/23363491/
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great story but the site doesn't let me cut-n-paste.

Urban farmers working vacant Kinloch property get surprised when lands rightful owner shows up

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/met...ile_touch=true

Awww....

Oklahoma Teen, Surprises All 1,076 Girls At His School With Valentine's Day Gifts

Wanting every girl at his high school to feel loved on Valentine’s Day, one big-hearted Oklahoma teen decided to surprise all of them with cards and candy this year -- a total of 1,076 girls.

According to KFOR, Dan Williams, a student at Edmond High School in Edmond, Oklahoma, had to work all summer to raise enough money for the surprise gifts. “To know that someone cares about them, that's the best feeling in the world I think,” he told the news outlet.

Though Williams intended the gifts to be anonymous, he was reportedly unable to keep his identity a secret for long.

He’s since won the praise of his classmates -- and the school itself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000023

I like vintage clothing, therefore I visit many good will stores to add to my collection. Yesterday I was out at one near my home town, the temperature was 13 degrees, I got to thinking about homeless people, so I purchased 10 winter coats and dropped them off at the home less center... So the good will store made some money for their cause, and hopefully 10 people were a tad warmer last night, It felt good, and I also found a vintage belt back blazer circa 1940 and great " Stetson" fedora circa 1945/50 for my collection, so all in all a great day...

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by acesfull View Post
    I like vintage clothing, therefore I visit many good will stores to add to my collection. Yesterday I was out at one near my home town, the temperature was 13 degrees, I got to thinking about homeless people, so I purchased 10 winter coats and dropped them off at the home less center... So the good will store made some money for their cause, and hopefully 10 people were a tad warmer last night, It felt good, and I also found a vintage belt back blazer circa 1940 and great " Stetson" fedora circa 1945/50 for my collection, so all in all a great day...

Best regards
    What a fantastic idea. +rep
    Sounds like you found some cool stuff. I love vintage clothes too. I look for dresses, pants, coats, and accessories from the 60's. I'm always a little nervous when I wear them, though. I had to make a hasty, discreet exit from a restaurant once when dress split right up the booty on me. Turns out the thread had dry rotted. Luckily, my mom was able to mend it and now I try to have her run over all the seams before I wear anything vintage.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast