Thread: When will the blowback debate between Ron Paul and Rudy Guilanni get deserved recognition

When will the blowback debate between Ron Paul and Rudy Guilanni get deserved recognition

Most Presidential Debates are glorified for trivial matters such as the JFK-Richard Nixon debate or the Ronald Reagan-Jimmy Carter debates or the Lloyd Bensten-Dan Quayle debates. The Ron Paul-Rudy Gulianni debate over blowback had historical significance. It led to the Tea Party movement, widespread disapproval of foreign intervention in general, state nullification, gold standard in Utah, the militia standoff with the BLM, no war in Syria, defeat of Eric Cantor, blowback became an American pop culture term,etc.

Blowback was never brought up in any Presidential debate ever! Nor has non-intervention been brought up since the 1950's if I'm not mistaken.

When will we see documentaries on this debate? I would compare it to the Lincoln-Douglas debates if I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter. I don't support Lincoln but the historic significance is comparable to that debate only with war in fact the blowback debate was to stop war. So when will it get the recognition it deserves?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Most Presidential Debates are glorified for trivial matters such as the JFK-Richard Nixon debate or the Ronald Reagan-Jimmy Carter debates or the Lloyd Bensten-Dan Quayle debates. The Ron Paul-Rudy Gulianni debate over blowback had historical significance. It led to the Tea Party movement, widespread disapproval of foreign intervention in general, state nullification, gold standard in Utah, the militia standoff with the BLM, no war in Syria, defeat of Eric Cantor, blowback became an American pop culture term,etc.

Blowback was never brought up in any Presidential debate ever! Nor has non-intervention been brought up since the 1950's if I'm not mistaken.

When will we see documentaries on this debate? I would compare it to the Lincoln-Douglas debates if I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter. I don't support Lincoln but the historic significance is comparable to that debate only with war in fact the blowback debate was to stop war. So when will it get the recognition it deserves?
    All those other debates involve people who got elected. Unfortunately, that's the way history works.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    All those other debates involve people who got elected. Unfortunately, that's the way history works.
    So then Rand Paul would have to win the Presidency?

So when will it get the recognition it deserves?
    When the empire falls and not a moment sooner. And maybe not even then.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

That very debate had introduced me to Ron Paul for the first time. Ghouliani was shameless in his attempt to capitalize upon 9/11.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Nobody cares about it except us, and yes, they SHOULD.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It is the general election debates that go down in history. Primary debates are pretty well forgotten The only one that wasn't even really a debate question was Reagan angrily telling the debate moderator just before the 1980 NH primary "I am paying for this microphone!" when the moderator tried to turn his mic off.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Someone should hack and hijack network satellites and broadcast the truth. Lol like in dark angel with jessica alba.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe there could be a documentary on this debate called "The Blowback Debate: The debate that changed America"?

Maybe there could be a documentary on this debate called "The Blowback Debate: The debate that changed America"?
    Coffee?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Coffee?
    Yes, dark and strong please.

So when will it get the recognition it deserves?
    Well, there are two ways this could happen.

A wise man said the victor writes the history books. So, we could win and then the academic historians will suddenly consider our road to victory relevant. Or, we could do these documentaries ourselves and post them on the internet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I actually think the tea party by and large is more in Ghouliani's camp. They are not the same as the liberty movement. They agree with us far more on domestic policy. As far as I can tell they are basically a reincarnation of the religious right with a spin on fiscal responsibility, and even then only because the president has a D next to his name. I know the tea party did not originate in this way but it very quickly became this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    I actually think the tea party by and large is more in Ghouliani's camp. They are not the same as the liberty movement. They agree with us far more on domestic policy. As far as I can tell they are basically a reincarnation of the religious right with a spin on fiscal responsibility, and even then only because the president has a D next to his name. I know the tea party did not originate in this way but it very quickly became this.
    The 'Tea Party' is a chimera. The 'Tea Party' is a meaningless phrase the media trots out when they want to talk about us so no one will plug 'libertarian' into their search engines and find out what it means--because they might like it. The 'Tea Party' is a boogeyman manufactured out of whole cloth to scare liberals back into line so they won't whine about cops tazing grandparents and the NSA spying on them.

Do you know anyone--anyone--who looks people in the eye and says, 'I'm a member of the Tea Party!'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post

Polls show the majority of Republicans are against foreign intervention in general. Rand Paul being the GOP front runner restores the origins of the movement. I do agree that the neocons temporarily hijacked the movement but this was before Rand Paul became the GOP front runner.
    Last edited by dude58677; 07-01-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Rudy Giuliani is too busy making bank conning on the failures of his government public service.

Rudy Giuliani Booking Agency: Contact, Fee Info for Appearances

The 10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers of the Past 10 Years

by Mary James on June 2, 2014.

Mary James - The 10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers of the Past 10 Years

If NE1 is interested in Government CLowns continuing the lies after Public Office Failures...

World Affairs Speakers - Speaker Topics - Washington Speakers Bureau
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-01-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Revolution will not be televised.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The 'Tea Party' is a chimera. The 'Tea Party' is a meaningless phrase the media trots out when they want to talk about us so no one will plug 'libertarian' into their search engines and find out what it means--because they might like it. The 'Tea Party' is a boogeyman manufactured out of whole cloth to scare liberals back into line so they won't whine about cops tazing grandparents and the NSA spying on them.

Do you know anyone--anyone--who looks people in the eye and says, 'I'm a member of the Tea Party!'?
    Yes. And that particular group supported Santorum in 2012.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I know a few. On here, they are what people call teocons. Glenn Beck listeners. Not this Beck, but the 2012 Beck.

Come on down to the capitol sometime when there's a big protest happening.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Forget about when we could see a past debate.

I think we should hold our position, we started this whole Constitutional debate that woke up America to the point it is politically and of course historically ... we need to get Ron Paul to run 2016 just for the 2016 Presidential Debates as a Republican. 2nd's make thirds. It's not like we are used to winning or anything.

Get them ALL up there and make it the 2016 Presidential Debate. Filibuster type if we have too. If history repeats it's self (like the saying goes) WE are the historic significance here. That's evident. Thank YOU Ron Paul.

Get it on CSPAN for the world to see LIVE.

It could happen. LOL
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"