Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Americans Losing Confidence in All Branches of U.S. Gov't - Gallup Poll

  1. #1

    Americans Losing Confidence in All Branches of U.S. Gov't - Gallup Poll

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/171992/am...nches-gov.aspx



    A fresh Gallup poll today highlights the fact that Americans are at their witsí end with government, all three branches of government.

    Confidence in the Supreme Court, Congress, and the presidency has hit record lows.

    The Supreme Court is down to a 30 percent approval rating, an all time low. Congress is currently at 7 percent, another all time low. The presidency is now at 29 percent, a six year low, and an all time low under Obama, just 4 points higher than the all time low under then reviled George W. Bush in 2007.

    The branch with the most steep drop in confidence is the presidency, falling a full seven percentage points from its 2013 rating of 36 percent.

    Obama is currently experiencing worse ratings than his two predecessors, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, at the same point in their terms, and has done in each subsequent year of his presidency.

    To put this into further perspective, in 1998 Bill Clinton had a rating 24 points higher than Obama currently does, despite the fact that he was embroiled in a sex scandal and facing impeachment.

    ...
    Continues on Link. Anyone suprised?
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    People losing confidence because an entity is constantly working against them and their interests.

    Whata shock.

  4. #3
    I dunno, perhaps it demonstrates the lack of desire the American voter has to see an alternative. Seems all three branches are essentially below 50% since 1991 and we still have both parties in power? If people were genuinely concerned or outraged seems that this would not be. Where's the reform? the million something march? impeachment? recall? maybe it's my apathy kicking in, then again it's just a poll.

    We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

  5. #4
    Make no mistake, friends, this has nothing to do with people 'waking up' or 'getting it'. Americans are losing confidence in government because it isn't doing enough for them. More welfare, more free stuff, more police state, more safety, more killing brown people -- that's what people want. The truth hurts.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Make no mistake, friends, this has nothing to do with people 'waking up' or 'getting it'. Americans are losing confidence in government because it isn't doing enough for them. More welfare, more free stuff, more police state, more safety, more killing brown people -- that's what people want. The truth hurts.
    This is the painful truth...

  7. #6
    I have lost no faith in govt , hard to decline from zero .

  8. #7
    I'm stunned and amazed that ANY confidence has lasted as long and as well as it has. Herd mentality and group-think works much better than it should.

  9. #8
    Next time Putin trolls our media, I'd like him to suggest that americans hold a "no confidence" vote nationwide. That'd be fun.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    I really hate these kinds of polls. If that were true, incumbents wouldn't get re-elected as much as they do. The truth is people respond the way they think they are expected to respond. You're just not cool if you say you trust congress. But in reality, when it comes time to cast the ballots, the voters show their true colors.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Make no mistake, friends, this has nothing to do with people 'waking up' or 'getting it'. Americans are losing confidence in government because it isn't doing enough for them. More welfare, more free stuff, more police state, more safety, more killing brown people -- that's what people want. The truth hurts.
    That's my assessment as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

    "When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

    Peace.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have lost no faith in govt , hard to decline from zero .
    We were supposed to never have any faith in government.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

    Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

  14. #12
    "There has got to be a better way" but all the better ways presented get rejected so they get what they get.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have lost no faith in govt , hard to decline from zero .
    Thats where you're wrong. They are paying negative interest rates in some European countries.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    I really hate these kinds of polls. If that were true, incumbents wouldn't get re-elected as much as they do. The truth is people respond the way they think they are expected to respond. You're just not cool if you say you trust congress. But in reality, when it comes time to cast the ballots, the voters show their true colors.
    People hate "government" but still like their own representative. That and the fact that most districts are gerrymandered so that one party nearly always wins it anyways.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Thats where you're wrong. They are paying negative interest rates in some European countries.
    The negative interest rates in Europe are the rates banks earn from reserves they keep at the European Central Bank. The US Fed currently pays one quarter of one percent on such deposits (the rate on both used to be zero before the economic crisis).

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    People hate "government" but still like their own representative.
    No they don't. Ten percent are afraid to put in someone with less seniority because the only thing worse than living in a nation that runs exclusively on graft and corruption is living in a district that doesn't get any of it. And ninety percent don't know if they like the person or not, but votes for them because that's the only name on the ballot they've ever heard before.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

    "All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
  2. Replies: 139
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 10:15 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
  4. Gallup Poll: Americans Turning Against Federal Reserve
    By Volitzer in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •